Rain Camping! - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #51

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Not necessarily... I created three individual awnings with NO holes. You can search for the thread "latest mods" or look on our website. They hold up well in the rain and keep it from coming in the slider.
techfan, I noticed on your travel website that you added another window awning on the curb side to supplement shading when the standard awning does not provide enough shade to that window. You also mentioned that you can deploy it even if the main standard awning is not deployed. We have made a set of awnings as per your design and plan for the back and the road side and were thinking of making one for the curb side window but on our 5.0 Classic it looks like the arm for the main awning would interfere with deploying the window awning without opening up the main awning. Have you had that problem with yours? Do you just slide the window awning over a bit to get past the main awning arm?
Thanks.

Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #52

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
techfan, I noticed on your travel website that you added another window awning on the curb side to supplement shading when the standard awning does not provide enough shade to that window. You also mentioned that you can deploy it even if the main standard awning is not deployed. We have made a set of awnings as per your design and plan for the back and the road side and were thinking of making one for the curb side window but on our 5.0 Classic it looks like the arm for the main awning would interfere with deploying the window awning without opening up the main awning. Have you had that problem with yours? Do you just slide the window awning over a bit to get past the main awning arm?
Thanks.
Yes, we slide it over. It's not ideal but it works. The awning arm is in front of the window on the 15. Not sure how much is covered on the 5.0. Our main pole is long enough to slide the awning over and then the arm goes on the other side of the built in awning post. It is still better than nothing if you don't want to deploy the big awning.

techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #53

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Yes, we slide it over. It's not ideal but it works. The awning arm is in front of the window on the 15. Not sure how much is covered on the 5.0. Our main pole is long enough to slide the awning over and then the arm goes on the other side of the built in awning post. It is still better than nothing if you don't want to deploy the big awning.
Thanks! Maybe I'll go ahead and make one for our curbside window. I sure wish the main awning arm was not in the way....we really like using these window awnings! Even if a wind comes up they really can't do any damage so you can leave them up without worry....unlike the big awning! And they make great window darkeners if you let them down at night!
Thanks again for the original idea!!
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Thanks! Maybe I'll go ahead and make one for our curbside window. I sure wish the main awning arm was not in the way....we really like using these window awnings! Even if a wind comes up they really can't do any damage so you can leave them up without worry....unlike the big awning! And they make great window darkeners if you let them down at night!
Thanks again for the original idea!!
If I were making new for that side I might make the awning a little narrower and the ridge pole a little longer to give the clearance you need. Going to try a short one for that spot that goes in the track and just hangs there. I will send you a pm when I have it done and posted.

techfan is offline   Reply With Quote