Refrigerator with separate freezer? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: selling 2015 Casita Freedom, buying Escape 21'
Refrigerator with separate freezer?

I wish I could see some close up photos of what the standard 21' includes. The few tiny shots of the inside of the trailer from the ETI website are difficult to see. I just noticed that in the tiny photo that the refrigerator looks like it has one door and the freezer is not separate which got me confused because the one that we went into at the Bluebonnet rally had a separate freezer above the refrig. I really liked that.

The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Standard at the moment is the 2 door, can't say about the one that'll be in the 2017's.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Here's a picture I borrowed from Steve Clark's posting in the It's Friday thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg SteveClark.jpeg (65.7 KB, 21 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

Oh, thanks for the update. I did notice that one of the options is the "updated" refrig and I didn't know what that meant. Do any of you?
Old 05-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Here's the skinny on the new fridges for 2017, based on information that Escape has released so far. The stock model for the 19 is the Dometic RM2554, which is a single door, 5.0 CF capacity. You can upgrade to the DM2663, which is a double door with separate freezer, and 6 CF capacity. I assume that on the 21, the DM2663 is standard.

Both are 'equivalent' to a climate class rating of N or "normal" - although they don't actually have a climate class rating. They don't use one, because it's an EU standard, and these fridges are not sold in the EU. The 'equivalent to N rating' means they can operate better than an SN or "subnormal" rated fridge when the ambient temperatures are higher. The 8 series fridges that they're replacing are SN rated. So, this is probably going to be a significant improvement in cooling.

The link for the RM2554: Americana Single Door RM 2554 LB - Dometic Corp

The link for the DM2663: Americana Plus DM 2663 RB - Dometic Corp

Note that these fridges are not available on the 2016 models, because they won't fit through the entry door. The new mold designs feature a wider door, and the Americana fridges will fit through it. I suspect that the extra door width was a big design consideration for Reace, allowing him to use a better fridge and reduce the number of issues he's had with the current fridge models used.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Great summary, Robert.

I just wanna know if they are offering the optional Ice Maker.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Great summary, Robert.

I just wanna know if they are offering the optional Ice Maker.
Why not? That'd be a cool option. Of course, you'd need to run an additional water line, but the dimensions are the same....
Old 05-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I wish I could see some close up photos of what the standard 21' includes. The few tiny shots of the inside of the trailer from the ETI website are difficult to see. I just noticed that in the tiny photo that the refrigerator looks like it has one door and the freezer is not separate which got me confused because the one that we went into at the Bluebonnet rally had a separate freezer above the refrig.
The photos on the Escape company website tend to be out of date, and are now even further off than usual for those purchasing the 2017 version. For actual interior configuration and appearance of trailers currently being constructed, the build-in-progress photos that Escape supplies to owners (traditionally sent on Fridays) are helpful and that It's Friday thread is useful because new owners share many of these photos ... although there is no reasonable way to search it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The photos on the Escape company website tend to be out of date, and are now even further off than usual for those purchasing the 2017 version. For actual interior configuration and appearance of trailers currently being constructed, the build-in-progress photos that Escape supplies to owners (traditionally sent on Fridays) are helpful and that It's Friday thread is useful because new owners share many of these photos ... although there is no reasonable way to search it.
Yeah and the same photo is duplicated. I hope they don't do that when they finally add photos of the new models.

Keep in mind that any trailers you see in the "It's Friday" thread will still be the 2016 models. Unless someone takes a factory tour, snaps a ton of photos and uploads them here, you're not going to see photos of the 2017 version for a while. Although, hopefully somebody will post lots of photos from the rally that's coming up soon!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #10

For those attending the rally, PLEASE take lots of close up shots of everyrhing and let us know what is standard and what is an option.