Reminds me of an escape 21 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Besides the 10 we have seen in the last 4 years . I see one everyday ,in fact right now having my coffee looking at one through the window .Pat
They is definitely cheating. You can only count it once.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
If you want to see a whole pile of Airstream trailers come on down to Sarasota Fl January 12-18th 2018. They take over the fairgrounds for one of their Wally Byam rallies.

Of course that is in the middle of snowbird season so places to stay are hard to find.
So Ken how much room do you have in your driveway and do you serve your guests that rice, Kimchi, and Spam dish

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #43

Trailer: None now
Not a whole lot of driveway and mine is as steep as Mr. Bennetts.
We could park two trailers in it and at the count of three pull the chocks and bet on which one reaches the road first.
I could be the Southern and Ed could be the Northern driveway racing grounds.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19, 2010 Palomino Y series prior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I can believe that. Thor generally buys an RV brand because it is about to go under, and the physical assets and brand position represent good value to Thor. They probably don't help either quality or variety, but they save companies... to make money for Thor, of course.

I have a Damon motorhome - now part of Thor - and while it is not bad by industry standards, Damon was no high-quality prize lost to the Thor takeover. They did retain the Damon models, just under the Thor name, and the only change that I know of in our model (a small fabrication detail) was an improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Many of the trailers which look like Scamps are probably Bolers, which were built in Manitoba. A Scamp is a Boler clone, and a Casita is variation of a Scamp clone.

The older trailers which looks like Escapes will be Trilliums and Triple-E Surfsides. The original Escape design was based on the Surfside TM-14, stretched and improved.
Boler was the name I forgot about. I should remember as I am a manitoban. I think trilliums are still made are they not?
Escape is one of the new fiberglass campers that have layouts we like. Bigfoot is second place, but far back. Scamp and Casita waaaaay down the list. Oliver too.

I don't know if Livin Lite was Hurting financially when Thor bought them, I figured it was just a chance to aquire something different for them.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #45

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Not a whole lot of driveway and mine is as steep as Mr. Bennetts.
We could park two trailers in it and at the count of three pull the chocks and bet on which one reaches the road first.
I could be the Southern and Ed could be the Northern driveway racing grounds.
Just kidding of course, but if mine was in your driveway and I released the chocks it would lose the race since it's a 5.0 with power legs, it would probably just tip over on its nose

At our daughter and son-in-law house when they were at Fort Leavenworth they had a sloped driveway not nearly as bad as Bennett's but in order to get the trailer level I had to lift the front so that I could actually walk under it just ducking a little

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally we were looking to buy a Airstream Bambi . Came very close . Then my brother pointed out they are not the same as they used to be in quality and Thor is who made them now . Starting looking closer and saw filiform corrosion on the aluminum skin on newer trailers . Decided for that kind of Money to look elsewhere . Found Escape ,because I couldn't convince Linda to buy a Casita or Scamp . It was a no way . Then we took a drive and saw a 19 and that was it. I still love the look of the Airstreams . Really like the older Airstreams but I am tried of renovating older RV's . Much rather have a new trailer and make it how we want it and do my mods . Pat
We also looked at a little Airstream and there was a plate with the weight. When I realized that that was not nearly the loaded weight, I knew right away that we were not getting an Airstream. That was before I found out about some new ones developing filiform corrosion. Nothing like paying a big bundle for a beautiful new Airstream and the next thing, it has corrosion. And someone tells you to sand spots and put nail polish!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We also looked at a little Airstream and there was a plate with the weight. When I realized that that was not nearly the loaded weight, I knew right away that we were not getting an Airstream. That was before I found out about some new ones developing filiform corrosion. Nothing like paying a big bundle for a beautiful new Airstream and the next thing, it has corrosion. And someone tells you to sand spots and put nail polish!
I know about the new ones . If I had lots of money and time , the old ones are absolutely beautiful when shined up. We have lots here in California you can rent . You just bring your food and clothes . They are set up with deck , patio furniture and barbecue. Nice vacation if you don't have a RV . Much better then a hotel .I think they even have some you can tow .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
I know about the new ones . If I had lots of money and time , the old ones are absolutely beautiful when shined up. We have lots here in California you can rent . You just bring your food and clothes . They are set up with deck , patio furniture and barbecue. Nice vacation if you don't have a RV . Much better then a hotel .I think they even have some you can tow .Pat
We saw an old one so shined up like a mirror and it had a striped canvas awning. What a great one it was.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We saw an old one so shined up like a mirror and it had a striped canvas awning. What a great one it was.
I get it was ! Pat
Old 11-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They is definitely cheating. You can only count it once.
I know ! Pat