Roadside Litter - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #121

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Likely not a lot of choice of beers at an RV manufacturers show.
"Bub or Bub Lite"?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:38 PM   #122
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Lots of good places in Santa Cruz and local area for beer! Discretion Brewery on 41st, West End Tap on the West Side, Seabright Brewery....small breweries are popping up all over the place.
Discretion is good. West End's house beers (really brewed by the Tied House of Mountain View, who owns both West End and East End) are just OK, but they usually have a decent albeit expensive selection of other folks beers, and their food is pretty good.

Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing on the West Side, East Side Brewing (english ales!) on the East Side, and my fav, Corralitos Brewing, in south county...

Charlie is selling Seabright, wants to retire :-/ their beer has been kinda meh of late.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:58 PM   #123

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Discretion is good. West End's house beers (really brewed by the Tied House of Mountain View, who owns both West End and East End) are just OK, but they usually have a decent albeit expensive selection of other folks beers, and their food is pretty good.

Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing on the West Side, East Side Brewing (english ales!) on the East Side, and my fav, Corralitos Brewing, in south county...

Charlie is selling Seabright, wants to retire :-/ their beer has been kinda meh of late.
Hey, let's go in on Seabright, for less than 500K you can buy the biz! Actually I hope they get an owner in that wants to invest and make good beer. My son works for Firestone Walker, and we met the latest brewer at Seabright a couple of years ago, he's handcuffed by the owners! Santa Adairius is by far the best in the County.
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Lots of good places in Santa Cruz and local area for beer! Discretion Brewery on 41st, West End Tap on the West Side, Seabright Brewery....small breweries are popping up all over the place.
Have you been to Sante Adairius? Brewery is in Capitola, taproom and restaurant is on Water near Morrissey.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #125

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
My son works for Firestone Walker...
I’ve set up beer tastings the last three years at our staff holiday party. Firestone Walker beers are included among the favorites. I’m doing another one for an upcoming retirement party and will be sure to include at least one from Firestone.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I’ve set up beer tastings the last three years at our staff holiday party. Firestone Walker beers are included among the favorites. I’m doing another one for an upcoming retirement party and will be sure to include at least one from Firestone.
Awesome, they make great beer, but I am biased!
Old 01-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #127
Site Team

not sure what it is, but I've often gotten a headache after 1-2 Firestones. something in the malt, I dunno. same thing with New Belgium's ales.

I never have any issues with Sierra Nevada, North Coast (Old Rasputin!!), Corralitos, Discretion, Deschutes (mmm, black butte porter!), Stone (love me that Arrogant Bastard!), etc etc.

I've not been to St Adarius, but when I looked over their website, seemed like they were too much into styles I don't care for... I don't like sours or lambics or fruit or spiced beers. Not much of a fan of wheat beers, either. Stout should not have chocolate in it. and porters shouldn't have coffee or coconut, just roasted malts.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:31 AM   #128

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hey John, I guess all those exotic beers give your brain litter headaches........ Have you replaced Maggie yet?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #129
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hey John, I guess all those exotic beers give your brain litter headaches........ Have you replaced Maggie yet?
Well, our son got his PhD and flew off to the UK for a 2-3.5 year postdoc, and left us with his border collie... Trouble is, he's deaf, so doesn't come when you call, and he's quite the 'alpha dog', as well as a wanderer, so has to be confined at all times (with Maggie, we could leave the front door open and she was happy to sit in our driveway and 'guard' the place all day).
Old 01-19-2020, 06:08 AM   #130

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: LarryLSB... Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder!!!
Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: LarryLSB... Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder!!!
Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:48 AM   #132

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...Stone (love me that Arrogant Bastard!), etc etc.
Did the beer tasting yesterday afternoon. Included Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and Stone Delicious IPA. Besides California, our selections represented PA, MI, FL, DE, NJ, CT, OR, IL, CO and WI. The amount of good craft beers out there now is incredible.
Attached Thumbnails
beer tasting.jpg  
Old 01-31-2020, 09:20 AM   #133

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The amount of good craft beers out there now is incredible.
Isn't this true. 20-40 plus years ago whenever I came to the US for something, I usually brought some Canadian beer as it had more body and flavour. Nowadays, the US and Canada both have lots of scrumptious beer offerings, everywhere. It makes the beer I drank when younger look pretty pale in retrospect.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:27 AM   #134

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
If your in Durango, CO for a stay, visit SKA brewing. https://skabrewing.com/
We enjoyed thoroughly.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #135
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Isn't this true. 20-40 plus years ago whenever I came to the US for something, I usually brought some Canadian beer as it had more body and flavour. Nowadays, the US and Canada both have lots of scrumptious beer offerings, everywhere. It makes the beer I drank when younger look pretty pale in retrospect.
Sierra Nevada just released a 40th Anniversary Hoppy Ale in celebration of their 40 years of craft brewing, under the same ownership, 1980-2020.

Anchor Steam has been at it even longer, although they are no longer owned by the guy who resurrected it in the 1960s and turned it into the first craft beer before that was a thing.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:03 PM   #136

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Sierra Nevada just released a 40th Anniversary Hoppy Ale in celebration of their 40 years of craft brewing, under the same ownership, 1980-2020.

Anchor Steam has been at it even longer, although they are no longer owned by the guy who resurrected it in the 1960s and turned it into the first craft beer before that was a thing.

I drink both, but don't really consider them "craft" beers. They're just too large for that term to apply. Pretty much like my beer at home. Started out small and grew to the point they are now part of the largest world brewer and distributor.

But, I like Okanagan Spring Pale Ale. Nothing I can do about that.
Love Anchor Steam for braising.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I drink both, but don't really consider them "craft" beers. They're just too large for that term to apply. Pretty much like my beer at home. Started out small and grew to the point they are now part of the largest world brewer and distributor.
Many small guys have been swallowed up but that has probably helped them survive
https://www.craftbeerjoe.com/brewery-who-owns-who-list/
Old 02-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #138
Site Team

Quote:
Many small guys have been swallowed up but that has probably helped them survive
https://www.craftbeerjoe.com/brewery-who-owns-who-list/
Indeed, even Anchor is now Sapporo after going through a few years under equity ownership, where their quality went downhill as they diversified into many more varieties.

I bought some Elysian Space Dust (a formerly excellent IPA from Seattle) the other day, and it seemed a bit off to me, plant code on the 6-pack was that it was brewed in Fairfield rather than Seattle.... Guess which brewer is in Fairfield, Calif ?

Sierra Nevada is still privately owned and managed by the same family that started it, and has been grown organically without debt. Yes, they built a 2nd brewery on the east coast, as their original Chico location is water constrained.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #139

Quote:
Did the beer tasting yesterday afternoon. Included Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and Stone Delicious IPA. Besides California, our selections represented PA, MI, FL, DE, NJ, CT, OR, IL, CO and WI. The amount of good craft beers out there now is incredible.
By the way, if anyone looked close at the photo the Rolling Rock at the far left was a joke between the retiree and one of his long time friends. Don’t want you to think that was one of my selections! Not that I think it is all that bad. Just didn’t fit in with the offerings.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #140

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

I was generally at smaller places while summer camping and winter skiing, and basically experienced what the smaller stores and local taverns had.

The amount of great smaller brewers is such a bonus nowadays, there are so many great beers brewed.

Though Mexico has some okay beers, a few micro brewers would be great to find.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote