Run Out of Fresh Water - 8 days or 1 day - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #1

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Run Out of Fresh Water - 8 days or 1 day

Last month we spent 8 nights at the Cottonwood Campground in Big Bend National Park. There is no potable fresh water hookup, nor a place to dump your tanks. All dishwashing/personal hygiene/toilet flushing) was done with the non-potable water (extremely hard water that was available for washing dishes and bathing, that you do NOT want to put in your tank). We did rinse in the shower with decent fresh water (we travel with the fresh water full). They also encouraged you to throw your gray water over the fence in the campground. We had 1/2 of our fresh water left and the gray was only 1/2 full. We now know it's possible to go eight days when needed with judicious use of our water.

Went camping with our grandaughter last Saturday/Sunday. One five-year-old managed to use up all our water in 24 hours.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 05-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We now know it's possible to go eight days when needed with judicious use of our water.

Went camping with our grandaughter last Saturday/Sunday. One five-year-old managed to use up all our water in 24 hours.

Enjoy,

Perry
Try sailing long distances without water access or a water maker and you'd do even better.

No five year on our boat would ever go through all our water in a day. Our policy was to turn off the pressure system, not only when guests were on board but even for just ourselves. Water was available from a foot operated manual pump only. That habit formed by years of sailing still carries over to the trailer. Our water pump stays off most of the time.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The best I've done between water fills & dumping was 18 days at Quartzsite - Solo, and showers at the laundromat...
Old 05-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I'm always surprised at how little we use while camping, yet shocked at how much we use when at home.
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I'm good for about a week if I shower every other day. For me it's no big deal because I keep a jerry can to add more when necessary.

I recently installed an Oxgenics shower head, but I don't know if that will help or hurt. I haven't been out long enough in one spot to run out of water since installing it.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1998 Casita Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnest View Post
I'm always surprised at how little we use while camping, yet shocked at how much we use when at home.
My thoughts exactly!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I'm good for about a week if I shower every other day. For me it's no big deal because I keep a jerry can to add more when necessary.

I recently installed an Oxgenics shower head, but I don't know if that will help or hurt. I haven't been out long enough in one spot to run out of water since installing it.
I installed the Oxgenics head on my 19’ and it definitely made a difference. It has been transferred to the new 5.0. My wife and I alternate taking a shower every other day when boon-docking.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote