RV items Recommended by Forum members - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
RV items Recommended by Forum members

I really loved these items I bought, recommended by forum members:

Springfield 3 tier table

Travasak bedding - 19 bed is not easy to make!

CGear mat 10 by 10 - both dogs and I loved this mat, easy to use and repack, dries quickly.

Mattressafe mattress cover - great with travasak.

Tadi brothers backup camera

Thank you all for sharing info on rv items!

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Always lots and lots of great ideas from members here. No way one could incorporate them all, not without a huge toy hauler though.

I have been eyeing the pedestal too, especially for when we start going on our long journeys and will likely use the table more.

Not following the trouble with making the 19 bed, as we just spread out the sheets like you would the travasak.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
The most interesting part about this forum are the RV accessories I "need" after reading about them. I think I'm keeping Amazon and UPS in business. Time to go check out the dog mat.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I was just wondering about all of the things needed, or wanted, to outfit the new trailer. We have really been wondering about bedding. Do fitted sheets work? Some have the travasak and like it. No matter what model of trailer you have, making the bed does not look like the easiest thing as there is a wall on 3 sides. Again, all opinions and comments are greatly appreciated. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
The most interesting part about this forum are the RV accessories I "need" after reading about them. I think I'm keeping Amazon and UPS in business. Time to go check out the dog mat.
What you're really saying is that you have what several of us have:
A Reserved parking spot for FedEx, UPS, and USPS trucks in front of your home.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
I believe the thing to do is not to buy something someone else has come up with, even though it seems really cool. First go camping and see if you actually really need it. I know after the first year, I think I pulled 25% of the items I carried out, never to return.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:50 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I notice that when we contemplate an addition to our gear list, we tend to say either " wouldn't weigh much" or "we could replace such and such" with it". Although we don't consider ourselves as excessive gear campers, we do like to be prepared, be comfortable, and be able to lend a hand if needed. Weight and its distribution are main considerations. And you can't have too much beer or fishing tackle.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I was just wondering about all of the things needed, or wanted, to outfit the new trailer. We have really been wondering about bedding. Do fitted sheets work? Some have the travasak and like it. No matter what model of trailer you have, making the bed does not look like the easiest thing as there is a wall on 3 sides. Again, all opinions and comments are greatly appreciated. Loren
Since there are so many posts in the forum to sort through, I don't know if you have seen the idea we and some others have used on our beds. We ordered a custom mattress cover, made by ETI's seamstress out of Sunbrella fabric we sent to them. The corners are rounded to fit our 19, and there is a zipper so the cover can be removed for washing. The bottom side is vinyl. I think that because the cover was made to fit, it looks less lumpy/frumpy than some other options. We do not ever sleep directly on the mattress cover. We use sleeping bags and during the daytime we either stow them away in the under-bed storage or fold them at the foot of the bed. With this set-up there is really no making the bed. No sheets are necessary except for the occasional conversion of dinette to a bed.

In case anybody is interested...we take four pillows with us. There are two standard pillows, covered in striped pillow shams I made (see picture), and that fabric matches our dinette seats. We use those pillows as extra back support at the dinette or to prop up while reading in bed. The smaller pillows for sleeping (shown in green and white pillow cases) are buckwheat husk pillows, which we use in our house, too. We love them, but they wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07449.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
On the Springfield 3 tier table, did you install it or did you have ETI install it? If you installed it, was it fairly straight-forward and did you have an issue with screw length going into the floor? Also, do you have the regular dinette or the U-shaped? And, lastly, it has three positions ... how close does the lower position come to meeting up with the dinette in order to make it into a bed, or did you have to shim it a bit?

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
On the Springfield 3 tier table, did you install it or did you have ETI install it? If you installed it, was it fairly straight-forward and did you have an issue with screw length going into the floor? Also, do you have the regular dinette or the U-shaped? And, lastly, it has three positions ... how close does the lower position come to meeting up with the dinette in order to make it into a bed, or did you have to shim it a bit?

I installed it, not ETI. I have the u shaped dinette with raised seating and raised floor. The screws to attach the table base are longer than the ones from original post table legs. With raised floor under table it was not a problem for me. When the table is in lowest position it matches up well for making into a bed. I attached top to existing table platform. I think I should have looked into attaching using bolts rather than the same screws as before, but it seems stable enough and I am happy with it. It is much better than the dual post from before. I found that unsteady.

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #11

Thanks Linda. We don't have the raised floor so would have to think about attaching to the stock floor. Glad it's working out so well for you!

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 08-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We don't have the raised floor so would have to think about attaching to the stock floor.
I put in a custom table base using nutserts. As I recall, the plywood under the vinyl is 5/8" thick so the inserts fit without going down through the f/g.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #13

That is very good to know. Thanks.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 08-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I can confirm the subfloor is at least 1/2 inch thick; might just ask ETI to be positive.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I drilled an inch diameter hole through it for some extra wiring and I could see and measure the plywood. Pretty sure it was 5/8" but it's possible it was only 1/2". I've been wrong once or maybe twice before. At any rate it was an adequate thickness to hold the nutserts for the table base.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote