RV Superbag - your thoughts? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
How can anyone who has not used a Superbag or Travasak be able to accurately state either the pros or cons? Doing so is like saying "I have never tasted broccoli but I don't like it.
Carl, folks like me that have not used the RVSuperbag still have a valid reasons to post and say why we choose not to get one, as it is input to others considering which way to go. I see the pros in flipping the covers off my feet like I often do, and couldn't in one of these. Lisa sees the chance to choose from hundreds of materials for duvet covers (we just loves us our duvet We can pull the wool blanket out of the closet to put between the sheets and duvet on cold nights. We like to use a good cotton sheet in warm weather, and quality flannel ones when it is cold outside. I do realize that not everyone has these same desires, but there have been quite a few who do.

I also do see the pros that others list for the RVSuperbag, they were just not ones that would sway us to use one.

Kinda like the microwave, oven, inverter, A/C, any of the Escape models, etc. There is no one solution that fits the needs of everyone.

Another idea for those that might be interested, is one my aunt used to use many years ago in their motorhome, and that was to pin all the sheets and blankets together at the bottom with safety pins (she actually used diaper pins) to keep it all together. This is something folks could do before buying, to try to see if they like the idea. Or even a consideration to use all the time, allowing different layers to be used.

BTW, I just loves me some broccoli. I got my 4 yo grandson to eat it by saying they are mini trees, and made you tough like wood.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Sorry, no "cons" from this voter on the Superbag. It is not at all like being trapped in a sleeping bag. We got a queen size, got the best sheet option (they're amazing), leave the sides unzipped and we sleep as well or better than at home. We're having a mattress cover made and once that is done the Superbag will get rolled up and put away during daytime leaving no bed to be made up and kept neat looking. Perceptions that they are a "sleeping bag" don't fit the reality we have experienced. With the sides unzipped it's no different than tucking the sheets in at the foot of your bed at home - you can still throw a leg out when you get too warm. We had a home made version in our Casita for 3 years and loved it. The Superbag is even better than that.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
We tried fitted and flat sheets, but Linda got tired of crawling over the bed trying to get the sheets to fit. We ordered the RV Superbag and really like it. We have the optional mattress cover, so during the day, we just roll the RV Superbag to the head of the bed. Put the pillows over it and its not even noticeable. At night, just roll it out and you're ready. Like someone else mentioned, the only con for us is fitting the sheets in the cover, but its not that big of a deal.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Skiman,
Where did you purchase a new Travasak? I was under the impression they were no longer available?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Just a note.

We use a king size in our 19 so we don't fight for covers. A queen would probably be good for a 21'

We had a queen in our Casita.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #26

Yes, my Travasak is queen and fit both my 21 and 19 beds, but be sure you realize there are rv sizes for queen and double and there are residential sizes that are different.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
I think I would love the superbug idea. But it just absolutely will not do for my husband's toes. Looks like I am going to make a comforter/ quilts out of One of the soft printed Sunbrella fabrics that coordinates with my upholstery and pillows. My professional long arm quilting machine should handle it and the batting just fine. That way it will be stain and mildew resistant.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 19
I won't say I love it, but I do like the Travasak. It is so much easier than trying to put on a fitted sheet. I think you could make a similar product using some flat sheets and just sewing the bottom ends together. I did get a mattress safe and I do love that product!

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I can definitely see the appeal of this Superbag, after putting the bedding on in the trailer. Dang, what a pain! (literally, on my knees!)

I do love my kitty sheets, though. But, what the heck, I could make my own bag with 'em if I wanted to. Later, though. I might need to make some more pillow covers first.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Carl, folks like me that have not used the RVSuperbag still have a valid reasons to post and say why we choose not to get one, as it is input to others considering which way to go.
I know Jim. Had a hard time wording that but did say comments from all may belong in the conversation. I had perceived the OP was asking Travasak users if they had any cons to go with all the pros. Wasn't meaning to disregard/slight anyone or their valid reasons for not wanting them. I understand some people would not want one simply due to the price. And I know from your past posts that you like to let your feet dangle off the foot of the bed (I think you said that, anyway!).
Old 02-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Nobody is saying what these great things cost but I do know that the fitted cover from Escape is plenty. After the 19', we have new sheets for the 21' and they are nicer than the ones at home. Was just thinking that I need to switch them. Actually, I could go out and buy another set and would probably still spend less than a "sak" of any kind.

We simply have sheets in the trailer that are bigger than the bed to make it easy to put them on, and can use at home. And decided to forget the idea of having any smooth or neatly made Escape bed. We have a comforter in a duvet that is also bigger than the bed. It has "synchronized rumpling" throughout and that is as much neatness as we are going to have. And I even like it that way!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #32

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
After many years in sleeping bags, I "upgraded" to real sheets and a down duvet. Best thing I ever did. Pretty sure I'll do the same with the new Escape, although I'll probably splurge for new bedding. More decisions!! Being that the Escape bed will be permanent, I won't have to worry about making the bed into a dinette.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I know Jim. Had a hard time wording that but did say comments from all may belong in the conversation. I had perceived the OP was asking Travasak users if they had any cons to go with all the pros. Wasn't meaning to disregard/slight anyone or their valid reasons for not wanting them. I understand some people would not want one simply due to the price. And I know from your past posts that you like to let your feet dangle off the foot of the bed (I think you said that, anyway!).
I was going on the titile "RV Superbag - your thoughts?", and well, I always have thoughts on things, everyone knows that.

And yes, I do like to "dangle" my tootsies. Years ago I had to break Lisa of the habit of when returning to bed from her middle of the night trip, would see my feet hanging out, would cover them back up. I would later wake up too hot, wondering "what the heck".
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Skiman,
Where did you purchase a new Travasak? I was under the impression they were no longer available?
Got it at camping world after our pick-up in 2014. Probably not available. Got a spare set of sheets. It's a shame their not available, really like it.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #35

Trailer: Escape19-2016 2nd Gen.; TV: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel
My 2 cents:

We bought a Travasak for the v-berth of our sailboat about 13 years ago are really like the system. You get up, fluff the pillows, straighten the bag and are ready to begin your day. The winter/summer option is great for us. We usually leave the sides unzipped except in the coldest weather (Lake Superior has plenty of that!). The one negative has been changing the sheets in a confined space.

We bought our camper a couple of years ago. It has basically the same layout as the E-19 with a queen sized bed in the back. My wife has been fighting with sheets, blankets and sleeping bag since we got it. Part of the issue is the bed lifts up to access the large storage area underneath. We decided to get a Travasak for it but found they were not available. We ended up with an RV Superbag but have not had the opportunity to use it.

For those with a bed that flips or folds up these systems are ideal. Those that are experiencing some moisture issues along the bed might consider "the Bag" as it can be rolled up and kept away from the walls - allowing some air flow along the mattress.

Overall, we like the concept and look forward to trying out the new Bag.
RandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #36

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
I know I've posted this previously but thought I'd throw it in here again. In addition to the Travasak (which, like Carl's, was purchased at Camping World) we added this mattress cover: Ultimate Mattress Encasement - Mattress Safe I like it because it's soft, doesn't 'krinkle', is waterproof and comes in various colors.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #37

Trailer: 2015 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
After many years in sleeping bags, I "upgraded" to real sheets and a down duvet. Best thing I ever did. Pretty sure I'll do the same with the new Escape, although I'll probably splurge for new bedding. More decisions!! Being that the Escape bed will be permanent, I won't have to worry about making the bed into a dinette.
We thought we'd try RV fitted sheets and they pop off; it's a pain to make the bed in the morning. Looks like we should use fitted sheets for the home instead. I'm with you -- Love our duvet. The Travasak (now RV Superbag) -- sounds like it may work, but at close to $300, it is pricey.

L-
Old 03-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #38

I was fortunate enough to grab one at Tuesday Morning @ $99 and in green, my favorite color.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Thank you!

I sold a few spare body parts and ordered the most expensive sleeping bag o earth.Had I had more time and skill I would have tried to make one. Thanks to all for their thoughts. I took Kountry Kampers advise (and his Escape) and ordered a King.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornanaugle View Post
We thought we'd try RV fitted sheets and they pop off; it's a pain to make the bed in the morning. Looks like we should use fitted sheets for the home instead. I'm with you -- Love our duvet. The Travasak (now RV Superbag) -- sounds like it may work, but at close to $300, it is pricey.

L-
We have a Travasak we purchased before they went out of business. They were slightly less expensive than the RV Superbag at that time. I like it so much that if it wore out I would buy a new Superbag in a heartbeat without even thinking about it.