RV Superbag - your thoughts? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 19'
Hmmmm, so many of you who have the sleep system love it. How does the RV SuperBag compare to those who love the Travasak? Are they identical?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 AM   #42

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm not sure I could give up my high thread count sheets and my down comforter
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:31 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornanaugle View Post
Hmmmm, so many of you who have the sleep system love it.
There are many who made the choice for sleeping in these bags, and stand by their decision, enjoying their use. But I would bet there are many times more folks that prefer a good set of sheets and a nice duvet/comforter/quilt with an portion for another blanket.

I am not saying at all that the bags are not the right choice, as for many they are. Just saying to not forget the silent majority.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #44

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Double sleeping bags on sale

For those interested in using a double sleeping bag rather than bedding, but have trouble finding them, Sportsman's Guide currently has a couple of their double sleeping bags on sale.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...iffCampingpos2
I can't speak for these specific products, but I've had a good experience with the company over several years. If you're not familiar with them, they have a fairly extensive camping section.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
For those interested in using a double sleeping bag rather than bedding, but have trouble finding them, Sportsman's Guide currently has a couple of their double sleeping bags on sale.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...iffCampingpos2
I can't speak for these specific products, but I've had a good experience with the company over several years. If you're not familiar with them, they have a fairly extensive camping section.
Thanks for the links. Have also been considering this:

3 Season Sleeping Bag | +25 Degree Grizzly Canvas Sleeping Bag

Gets top reviews in these two links:

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-sleeping-bags

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #46
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Will this work? Have any of you done this?
My goal is to not have the bottom bag 'scrunch' up at night and then we end up sleeping on the mattress cover instead of our bedding. Your input is appreciated.

I plan to make a sleep system so I can wash the sheets during a long trip, and fold up the bed in the morning. We currently cover a sleeping bag with a duvet. My plan is to get a thin sleeping bag for the warmer season, sew two sheets together for the bottom. I can exchange the duvet and sheets depending on the season. It seems a simple enough,

I enjoy reading amongst my bedding and pillows on rainy days. Typically we are outdoors and we don't put the bedding away.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I like sleeping on the sheets instead of the sleeping bag surface. The Superbed style works for me. Simple to straighten out in the morning without having to climb all over the queen bed in the 19.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #48

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
To keep our Travasak from scrunching up at the bottom, I sewed a pillowslip on the bottom edge and tuck that in...Keeps it in place..
Old 04-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I talked with my husband about the Superbag idea because I thought it was cleaver and would be great to roll up and stuff in a cabinet for a neat trailer look. No worry with trying to make up a nice bed in a trailer. He said, "No way!" He likes his feet to be free and able to stick out of the covers.He won't even let me tuck in sheets. So he can't fuss when, by morning I have all the sheets on my side.

I am not so sure that a superbag would work for me either. I would start out all cozy at first, then have a hot flash and try to kick everything off, then a few minutes later get chilled. My bed is a mess by morning. I am afraid I might be too resticted and tangled in a zipped bag.

I guess it just depends on your sleeping needs.
Hi! Hope all is well with you! Just a comment on the RV Superbag and putting feet out. We just zip the very bottom of ours and had great success with it in the Casita. We are using it in our Escape but have decided we want the King Size to give us just a little more “coverage”. I would highly recommend it as a convenient way to either quickly make the bed or as in our case, we had our mattress upholstered and in the morning we roll up the superbag and slide it under the bed. Absolutely no problem to be able to slide a foot out the side just like with regular sheets AND way more convenient! Dave

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have used a "superbag" system in all of my Escapes. Works year round but a PIA to wash due to it's size. Otherwise it works.......
Old 04-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What is the difference between a Superbag and a sleeping bag? We just zip together two XL bags.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What is the difference between a Superbag and a sleeping bag? We just zip together two XL bags.
The RV Superbag, and its “predecessor” the Travasack has sheets which are held in place with Velcro. The sheets can be easily removed for washing. I have a Travasack and it can be flipped over (summer and winter sides, one is thicker). I suspect the RV Supersack also has a summer side and a winter side.

Like to sleeping bags zipped together, it is easy to straighten out in the morning. We do not have a need to “tie it down.” It seems to pretty much stay in place.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:13 PM   #53
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I've looked at the RV Superbag so many times I can't count. But every time I balk due to the ridiculously high price. Blankets and sheets still work.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #54

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Oops,
I stand corrected, it is the Travasak that I use........sorry for the mistake.....
Old 04-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #55

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Lots of good points in this thread on both sides of the argument. We also considered buying one of these RV Superbags, they looked really cool!! In the end my wife decided that for the money required she instead bought two different weight of summer comforters and a cold weather comforter, two sets of nice sheets all with different color combinations so she could "change up the look" now and again. I was ok with this and do enjoy all the different weights which I can choose from depending on the temperature. Cheers
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #56

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have 3lb. and 5lb. bags and place warmer one on top if cold. I don't use sheets ( or want to tangle with / in them ). We just wash the bags.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #57

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Single guy traveler here... Large size, 6'3. I will strive for sheets and comforter and blankets.. Not looking for sleeping bag experience in a beautiful new 5.0.. Maybe hard to make the bed up but I will make it work..
Old 04-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #58

Trailer: Considering a Fiberglass Egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
I would highly recommend it as a convenient way to either quickly make the bed or as in our case, we had our mattress upholstered
Can you describe more about the upholstery? Any pics? Would you do it over again?
MZL1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #59
sdb

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21 Classic {preceded by Casita Liberty Deluxe 17}
Teton Sports offers an “RV Sleeping Bag”. Less than half the price of the the Superbag. It accommodates 2 people, has a 20 degree and a 40 degree side. I sewed Velcro along the sides and added high threadcount sheets that I can take out and wash. It works very well as I have a very bad back and can not make the bed on the 21.
sdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #60

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornanaugle View Post
Hmmmm, so many of you who have the sleep system love it. How does the RV SuperBag compare to those who love the Travasak? Are they identical?
We have used the Travasac since 1999 and are still using the same one, but with new sheets. RV Bags bought out Travasac a couple of years ago and still do supply sheets for the original. Two sided, one for winter and one lighter weigh for summer. Fits a queen size bed very well. Both top sheet and bottom sheet are together in one piece and use Velcro to hold them in place and allow for removal for washing. We have found no issues with the set up, a breeze to make in the morning. In the off season we wash the entire bag and with 2 sets of sheets always have a set clean and ready for the road.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote