RVlock 20% off Labor day sale is on - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
RVlock 20% off Labor day sale is on

Thought you folks would like to know that RV lock is having their 20% off sale starting today and running for several days. You also get the wireless key fob with that deal. Go to: RVLock.com

I have been waiting since June for this sale. I m all happy. I just ordered mine.
Now to get hubby to put it on when it arrives
Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Thought you folks would like to know that RV lock is having their 20% off sale starting today and running for several days. You also get the wireless key fob with that deal. Go to: RVLock.com

I have been waiting since June for this sale. I m all happy. I just ordered mine.
Nancy
Thank you!
Rapha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 17
Appreciate it
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Does it fit the 2014 Escape 21'?

We'd love to switch to a keypad lock for our 2014 "Classic" 21-footer with the slightly curved door?

Has anyone installed one on the older Escape 21?

Thanks,
Brent.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Never mind your keys; what if you lose your memory?
Old 09-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
RVlock on Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post
We'd love to switch to a keypad lock for our 2014 "Classic" 21-footer with the slightly curved door?

Has anyone installed one on the older Escape 21?

Thanks,
Brent.
I was wondering the same thing, but was told by another member the the RVLock (even the compact model) will not work on the 1st gen / classic models. After looking at the door today, I would agree... not enough room.
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post

Nancy
Hello Nancy, I went to the site and I do not see the 20% off. Do I need to sign-up or have a special code to get that price? Thanks... Bill
CoolCampingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
What function does this $250 lock perform that my $3 key can not ?
Both lock and unlock the door
I guess I am old , too stubborn and too cheap to accept modern electronics
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post

The RV Lock lock allows you to lock and unlock your RV without a key. Your standard keyed lock lacks this feature.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Never mind your keys; what if you lose your memory?
I can still yodel out the right questions to most of Jeopardy's answers, but all bets are off regarding mental functioning for us Canadians after October 17.

We've had keyless deadbolts on our house for years, and would like to have the same convenience and protection from senior moments on the trailer.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The primary reason I installed one was that the keys are not "mastered" from a limited set of keys. With the trailer lock that most RV uses, you will find that you can open other peoples trailers with the key to yours. I tried it with my 2017 Escape key and could open my 2013 Casita with it. The electronic lock comes with unique keys so the possibility that someone could open your trailer with their key becomes remote.

Also, we like to hike and with the electronic lock - we don't have to carry keys with us. Losing your trailer keys while doing a water crossing would be bad news. Not much chance of finding them even if you noticed that they were missing.

Oh, and the remote fob comes in handy when you are trying to get into the trailer during a rain storm. Hit the open key on the fob and jump in the door from a run.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
...Also, we like to hike and with the electronic lock - we don't have to carry keys with us. Losing your trailer keys while doing a water crossing would be bad news. Not much chance of finding them even if you noticed that they were missing...
I would expect that a water crossing is going to be less likely to cause an old fashioned key to malfunction than an electronic key "fob". When I go paddling, I try to take my non-electronic car keys with me rather than my key with the electronic "fob" on it. This has saved me many times from having to purchase new electronic keys due to an unintentional swim in whitewater.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I would expect that a water crossing is going to be less likely to cause an old fashioned key to malfunction than an electronic key "fob". When I go paddling, I try to take my non-electronic car keys with me rather than my key with the electronic "fob" on it. This has saved me many times from having to purchase new electronic keys due to an unintentional swim in whitewater.
It's not that the key would fail but would come out of your pocket. Waterproof bags help as they tend to float but it's still a challenge catching up with them as they rush down stream. The trick is to notice that it has left your pocket as you are trying to navigate the rocks without tripping.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I guess that we all develop our own arguments to justify our purchases to ourselves. My own experience is that electronics these days are cheap and non-durable, and rarely last as long as you would like them to. I personally prefer to minimize my own use of electronic devices wherever possible. I guess my solution to the possibility of the electronic lock failing would be to carry an old style key with me that can be used when the electronics fail. But wait, if I was to have a key with me I would not need the electronic fob. I guess I can keep my old style keyed lock.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Neither key nor fob will be of use to you, if you drown.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #16

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I would expect that a water crossing is going to be less likely to cause an old fashioned key to malfunction than an electronic key "fob".
In this case, I don't think the idea was to take the electronic fob instead of a traditional key - it would be to take nothing, and use the combination keypad to get back into the trailer.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
It's not that the key would fail but would come out of your pocket. Waterproof bags help as they tend to float but it's still a challenge catching up with them as they rush down stream. The trick is to notice that it has left your pocket as you are trying to navigate the rocks without tripping.
When you take keys paddling and put them in a dry bag as the last thing in, then reach in when underway to grab something else out and you hear this "kerplunk" sound and then watch your shining keys slowly sinking to the bottom of a very deep lake, it makes you go "uh oh". Yeah, there are set of my keys at the bottom of Kinbasket Lake.

I keep a spare RVlock key in the truck should the batteries ever fail. I had not fully realized how great going keyless was until after using it. It also prompted me to put a combo lock on my house. I had installed dozens of them for customers in the past, but never really realized their merits until actually using one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I mounted a piece of 3” PVC schedule 40 pipe underneath my trailer (Out of sight)
One end of the PVC pipe has a glued on pipe cap and the other end has a clean out fitting with a screw in pipe plug . Inside the 3” PVC pipe is a combination lock box with a set of keys for my trailer
The cost for the parts was less than $20
Only needed to use them once . May not be as technologically advanced as an electronic lock
but it was far cheaper and it works .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote