Sight unseen... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefttee View Post
Given that the internet and this forum appear to be such a crucial part of ETI's success, I'm surprised Reece and Tammy (sorry for the misspelling earlier) weren't behind it early on.
I think they're trying to stay out of the mix. Both post the good stuff, like new builds, the rally and step in when something is really questioned regarding the brand.

Besides, they're too busy building quality trailers to worry about chatter.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We purchased our 19' sight unseen as well; however, we did have a chance to view SantaCruzer's 17'. When we arrived in Chilliwack and I entered our trailer for the first time, I felt like I 'knew' every inch of the trailer by heart (except for the refrigerator ... but that's another story). After after all, I'd spent nearly a year looking at "stick" trailers and months hanging out here on the forum. Knowing the pros and cons of other trailers vs. Escape helped immensely in our decision. I should also mention that we looked at the 21' and 5.0 while at ETI and it got us thinking ....
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As a former moderator/administrator on FiberglassRV at the time, I will tell you... this is only partially true.
Roger that, Donna. Over and out.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
When I made the decision to buy our first RV, I naturally used the internet to begin my research and eventually stumbled onto this as well as other RV forums. After deciding on the Escape (mostly driven my the nearly fanatical support this forum's owners' consistently demonstrate) we went to visit with Reace to place our order for our 19'. I have told both he and Tammy several times that this forum and the knowlege base it offers was the single greatest reason we decided to purchase an Escape (aside from the obvious build quality). As a first-timer, I knew that anything I needed to know about any issue I might ever encounter could be resolved almost immediately by the many kind people on the forum who have shared their expertise and experiences with everyone who uses it. Many thanks to all of you who helped me along the way!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You are welcome……...
Old 04-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #26

Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
When I made the decision to buy our first RV, I naturally used the internet to begin my research and eventually stumbled onto this as well as other RV forums. After deciding on the Escape (mostly driven my the nearly fanatical support this forum's owners' consistently demonstrate) we went to visit with Reace to place our order for our 19'. I have told both he and Tammy several times that this forum and the knowlege base it offers was the single greatest reason we decided to purchase an Escape (aside from the obvious build quality). As a first-timer, I knew that anything I needed to know about any issue I might ever encounter could be resolved almost immediately by the many kind people on the forum who have shared their expertise and experiences with everyone who uses it. Many thanks to all of you who helped me along the way!
The forum was instrumental in my decision in buying an Escape.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We bought our EggCamper without ever seeing one, but Jim Palmer, (the designer and owner of the company), assured us that he would refund our deposit and not hold us to the purchase agreement if we didn't like it once we saw it in person. We were happy with it but eventually wanted something a little larger so sold it last year after having it for four years.

We have only been inside of one Escape, back in 2010 we saw a 19' at the Townsend rally - we liked the layout, but wanted something with a little more open feeling; when the 21' came out with it's wider design, we jumped on it - again, sight unseen.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
When I put down the deposit on my 19, I had not seen an Escape yet, other than lots of photos. The 19 was just being developed, and one had not been built yet. I had been looking at a lot of other brands trying to figure out what I would buy, and when the concept for the 19 was put out to the public by Reace, I was all over it.

I don't have a single regret for making the purchase site unseen.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
A few years ago Liz and I sold a leaky sticky trsiler at a huge loss. We Egan dreaming about traveling during our retirement years. I started doing web searches on light trailer options and happened across fiberglass and then Escape trailers. Since we live in the BC Lower Mainland, were close enough to see Escape trailers in person and on-sight at the factory, for us the big decision was going to fiberglass at a considerable higher cost then going with stick built and then deciding between a 19 or 17b.

I understand that those with distance from Escape Trailer Industries can view examples of Escapes via the Escape referral program which allows people who face geographic challenges in seeing an actual Escape in person. We could simple travel to ETI and see examples of our future trailers and meet ETI people.

We aren't looking back. Going with fiberglass and then Escape and then 17b or 19 and then new or used are all big decisions. For those contemplating "sight unseen" our hats off to you: keep researching, try to see an example through the ETI Ref,Errol program and then if all else fails go for it. Follow your dream and your gut instincts.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I too only spent a few minutes in a 19 and a 21 at a rally last year. After trying to find a used one, which was about a 2 month search and not finding one close enough to make it financially viable. I finally decided to buy a new 19 built to my specs and I'm sure I'll be happy when I pick it up in June. The exchange rate on the Canadian dollar vs the US dollar helped seal the decision.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We are planning a trip to Chilliwack, but would have absolutely no problem buying an escape trailer sight unseen. This gives us a good excuse for a road trip that we love plus a chance to put a few miles on the new tug. Also it would be great to meet Reace and Tammy. I never test drove the new tug either, just ordered it.
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #32

Trailer: none
We bought our 2008 5.0 used in 2013 and drove all the way from NM to Chilliwack to pick it up. Had never seen one until the side of the road 'advertizement' Escapes that you pictured on the way to the factory. No regrets.
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote