So, what should I do now? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
So, what should I do now?

I am in limbo. I have a build sheet completed with thermal frameless windows and power awning on a 21 Escape to be completed in late December. Escape will honor my build sheet or allow me to change it. There are no frameless single pane windows, just sliders, single or thermal paned. The awning is the manual with straight arms.
If I buy what is on my build sheet it will be the last of the frameless/power awning models. Will I have issues, I have not had any so far. Will it be unique, yes it will.
What would you do? and buying another one in 2 years is not an option.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Here is a photo of the manual awning...notice the straight arms....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (147.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0120.jpg (146.0 KB, 125 views)

Old 07-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I actually like the manual awning on our Classic 19. But I also love the look of the frameless windows on the new models. So if it were me, I would get manual awning and frameless windows. But, I'm not sure how that helps you decide
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Site Team

That would not work as the awning arms would block the windows.....
Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
We are in the same boat, but haven't had the opportunity to see many Escapes. We really don't want the electric awning and are glad that we have a choice on that. We are uncertain that we want the frameless windows and are certain that it wouldn't work for us to have the awning arms blocking windows. That would be a deal breaker. However, we would like to have a back window that opens. Guess that we want it all!!!!
Mtn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Well, there is that...
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I am in limbo. I have a build sheet completed with thermal frameless windows and power awning on a 21 Escape to be completed in late December. Escape will honor my build sheet or allow me to change it. There are no frameless single pane windows, just sliders, single or thermal paned. The awning is the manual with straight arms.
If I buy what is on my build sheet it will be the last of the frameless/power awning models. Will I have issues, I have not had any so far. Will it be unique, yes it will.
What would you do? and buying another one in 2 years is not an option.
I'm in a similar situation with an October completion date. I can tell you what we are going to do...once we figure it out.

I like the manual awning for a couple of reasons including simplicity, (mechanical/technological not ease of use) what I perceive is a bit heavier duty, and I think the ability to hang an additional shade screen from a side.

The windows, I'm at a bit of a loss but would prefer function over form so if the sliders are more weather tight that is a big plus. I do like a window cracked in the rain though.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
I don't think it will look bad to have the frameless window on the back and the rest sliders, since they are not placed beside each other. That will give you the option of opening those rear windows by the dinette!
What I would ask Reace first is: can those frameless ones on the back be replaced later down the road by framed ones if necessary?
Old 07-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
I don't think it will look bad to have the frameless window on the back and the rest sliders, since they are not placed beside each other. That will give you the option of opening those rear windows by the dinette!
What I would ask Reace first is: can those frameless ones on the back be replaced later down the road by framed ones if necessary?
Just a thought here but the opening window in the rear we would never want , because our bed is there . The rear of the trailer , camper , motorhome is the dirtiest . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Li'l Hauley
For the person who is torn betwixt and between... get frameless on the driver's side, and framed on the passenger side. Problem solved.

The power awning looks so much more 'finished' and elegant, versus the vertical support arms. Yet for $600 savings I would opt for the less elegant looking ones. YMMV.

Actually I would want to specify "Indiana built" frameless, otherwise I would not want the frameless, after reading some of the comments posted recently. It sounds like the IN ones aren't giving very many problems. Whichever windows you get, since both styles probably fit the same holes in the body, one could switch out later for some $$$ if it came to that.

Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote