Some News regarding the owner of Andersen Hitches - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
So appropriate punishment for some would mean financial devastation? 🤔
Am I the only one who thinks that's a little harsh for the crime?
Dave's, and some others who are truly disturbed by this behavior, decision to not spend their dollars with this company is quite likely to not cause financial devastation. But supporting or not supporting a company based on things like this are one of the few ways individuals can make at least some impact and statement of their beliefs.

To me, Andersen's behavior is that of someone who seems to believe law and reguations only apply to "ordinary" folk, not himself.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
My last post on this subject.
All I'm seeing is punishment, and most of which could also hurt innocent people. What can this guy do to make it right or is he forever doomed?
Old 04-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Look at it this way. It was HIS actions that harmed the environment and the people that work for his company.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
What’s most boggling is that someone who manufactures products related to camping, etc. could have such a flagrant disregard for nature. No Andersen products in my future.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #45

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Good thing I got my Ultimate Hitch in 2016 before he did this so I don't have to feel guilty about loving it.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Since Andersen is a family owned business and does not have to answer to any shareholders, I am afraid that their employees may feel the brunt of any boycott. Mr Andersen may well be able to go right on living the lifestyle he is accustomed to .
Employees often pay the price of their boss's mistakes
Old 04-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I stopped at Andersen in Idaho on my first trip to Osoyoos with my 21 and the wrong hangers for my Andersen w/d set up. I purchased an early model with the universal brakes, 3/4/5/6" from a distributor and they were too long. Andersen then came out with 4" brackets which were perfect for the Escape. I stopped and inquired about exchanging the universal for the correct brackets and they said "no problem" and someone came out to their parking lot and removed the universal and installed the custom brackets right on the trailer, "No Charge". I gave the man a $10 tip and went on to Osoyoos. They would not take the universal brackets so they sit in my garage.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
So appropriate punishment for some would mean financial devastation? ��
Am I the only one who thinks that's a little harsh for the crime?
I am with you on this. To be honest, I am saddened to see so many who wish for this.

I do not see that the best remedy to a situation that has already happened would be to ruin this guy. What would there be to gain? Satisfaction that a successful businessman got ruined, and the livelihoods of the many people that worked for him also thrown in turmoil? Is there no compassion for them?

Is the action forgivable, absolutely not. Is the person forgivable, possibly, depending on future action.

There is no doubt this was a very irresponsible/stupid/bad/(lots of other evil descriptions) move on his part, but what is done is done. If I saw him doing this, I would have likely taken physical action to stop him. But now, would it not be better to move forward and figure out how best to make good of this very unfortunate action?

He does need to learn a lesson for doing this, it should not be excused, but is there not something much more productive that could be achieved than ruining him.

What good could possibly come from ruining this guy and his family, ruining his business and the livelihood it provides for the families of his company?

And what, for scuffing a national monument. A wrong thing to do, but nobody was hurt or killed, yet the ramifications should he be put to ruin could possibly result in this. Would this make anyone feel better?

Proper remediation of this graffiti would leave next to no trace, and in time there would be nothing showing, and yet the devastation caused to many families trying to rebound from ruining this person will last forever.

People are free to make their own decisions regarding Andersen's actions, for whatever reasons they feel are best. My attitude is more a wait and see where this goes, perhaps there can be lots of good come from one incident of bad. No doubt the outcome, there is no doubt going to be some financial hurt for Andersen, I just hope not ruin.

I am not doing away with my Andersen hitch either. This brings up one more wee point I want to make. Has anyone here ever needed assistance or warranty parts from Andersen hitches? I have, and have found the values instilled in this company and the service I got to be top notch, not at all a lot different that many receive from Escape. This attitude and direction the employees take comes from those at the top

Regardless, what will happen will happen, and I can only imagine that this same attitude is prevalent on other forums and social media. I may just be a rare soul.

Sorry for this rant, I am done on this thread, I am just not the vindictive type who wants to see blood. It is just not among the values I was raised with, nor do I possess now. I have always been one who looks to be as positive as possible about things in life despite the bad we are faced with, and feel dwelling on the negative things thrown at us is just not a direction I wish to go. I may be a blind fool, but this is how I feel. No doubt I have now made some enemies here because of my nature, I will have to live with that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I'm one for throwing the book at Mr. Andersen AND wife. I'd like to see the maximum penalty ... $100,000 fine AND a year in jail! Besides that, I wish the Park Services all over the country would make a poster child out of him with a picture of him behind bars! Hopefully other vandals might take another think about their actions.

Someone, early in this thread, posted a link to his web site with an apology and picture of both he and his wife. There they are hugging each other with big proud s' eating grins. They aren't sorry ... thinking that saying so makes it all well and good. No it doesn't! I doubt that a fine will be enough ... but a year with lonely Bubba as a cell mate might help him remember and think about his actions next time.

I'm not at all worried about his employees. They are no doubt skilled workers who will be in demand by other employers. Yes, sorry for any inconveniences for them but that will be short term I'm sure. Besides, how does anyone know that such a fine will 'ruin' him? Maybe he has a good manager who can keep the business together for a year. I still vote for max penalty.

Just look at his internet apology .... I don't see any sorrow there ... only empty words. In addition, maybe a year cleaning up the damage that other vandals have done would be appropriate.

Just slightly off topic ... I think Alf's comment about our "Twitter In Chief" is right on!!!! That part made me laugh ... thanks Alf. I needed that!

Tom
Old 04-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Going to close this thread for awhile, things are getting too hot.
Closed Thread