something to think about - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Posts: 1,869
And how is this going to be enforced? I can just picture "the man" knocking on your camper door and saying, "according to our records, you have stayed in your trailer for 29 consecutive nights. One more night and you will be legally defined as a full timer, and we will have to take you in. I would advise that you spend the next couple of nights in a motel."

You may all have to escape to Canada where it is legal to stay in your rv as long as you want, providing that you can manage the cold in the winter.
__________________

__________________
2013-19' & 2013-15B {avg is two 17's}, towed by 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Laredo, Texas
Trailer: 2001 Casita
Posts: 24
Truck drivers keep a log. It might be done like that. It could be by using the info on the number of nights you stayed at a state or federal park. We might even be forced to get a permit every time we travel. For a small fee of course.
The part that really concerns me is the requirement to adhere to building codes. I don't know if the Escape would meet these codes. We might not be able to import an Escape if this bill is passed. The first statement defines this. It would be like trying to import a foreign car.

"This rulemaking proposes to incorporate ANSI A119.5-15 and NFPA 1192-15 consensus standards for Recreational Vehicles by reference. The ANSI A119.5-15 standard covers fire and life safety criteria and plumbing for PMRVs considered necessary to provide a reasonable level of protection from loss of life from fire and explosion. The NFPA 1192-15 standard provides the minimum construction standards considered necessary to protect against loss of life from fire and explosion for non-Park Model Recreational Vehicles.
__________________

Marky is offline  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Rochester, Massachusetts
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 112
I don't like this title

"something to think about"

I really prefer post titles that give some clue as to what the post is about.

David
D&R_MA is offline  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
I just realized your my neighbor! I'm just south of you!


Wow, Laredo eh?

Too hot for me, and I like heat.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 04:16 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
Posts: 594
I'm one who is glad to be informed of issues like this that could effect us all. Usually, unenforceable regulations like this one is pretty easy to squash .... in its early stages. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.


There are many similar issues that I find concerning ... like continued funding for our Park systems (at all levels of government) and wild spaces..... funding to keep our road infrastructure intact .... particularly less traveled back roads and others. As budgets drop, it may well require our voices to keep poorly thought out regulations like this one out of the law books. I could easily see a regulation such as this being a way to extract more fees from RV owners .... why else make an attempt at a such a regulation.


I hope discussions like this thread isn't seen as about politics but rather as a "heads up". Please continue.


Tom
__________________
Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
StarvingHyena is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 06:58 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
And how is this going to be enforced? I can just picture "the man" knocking on your camper door and saying, "according to our records, you have stayed in your trailer for 29 consecutive nights. One more night and you will be legally defined as a full timer, and we will have to take you in. I would advise that you spend the next couple of nights in a motel."

You may all have to escape to Canada where it is legal to stay in your rv as long as you want, providing that you can manage the cold in the winter.
Naw. Just bring a small tent with you. Pitch it every so often. When Big Brother comes knocking, just tell him you are not full timing in the RV because some of the time you use the tent!

And the move to Canada probably wouldn't work. Whatever stupid bureaucrats in the US do, there will be stupid bureaucrats in Canada who will think it is a good idea and will jump on the band wagon. Of course, certain priviledged groups in both countries will be exempted.
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #27
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
"something to think about"

I really prefer post titles that give some clue as to what the post is about.

David
If you knew the ending you would not read the book.....
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I'm one who is glad to be informed of issues like this that could effect us all. Usually, unenforceable regulations like this one is pretty easy to squash .... in its early stages. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.


There are many similar issues that I find concerning ... like continued funding for our Park systems (at all levels of government) and wild spaces..... funding to keep our road infrastructure intact .... particularly less traveled back roads and others. As budgets drop, it may well require our voices to keep poorly thought out regulations like this one out of the law books. I could easily see a regulation such as this being a way to extract more fees from RV owners .... why else make an attempt at a such a regulation.


I hope discussions like this thread isn't seen as about politics but rather as a "heads up". Please continue.


Tom
Pat
Patandlinda is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
"something to think about"

I really prefer post titles that give some clue as to what the post is about.

David
ETI is a Canadian company. many (most?) of the people using this Forum are Canadians. This thread is about US politics. Yes it can be argued that it is about a proposed US regulation that might impact upon US RV users, but that fact is being used as an excuse to post ones own political viewpoints here.

To me, this thread, out of common courtesy, should at least be named to reflect that it is about US politics, so that our Canadian friends can more easily ignore it. They, like many of us Americans, can get our fill of politics easily elsewhere. I personally think that this thread already contains posts that are violating Forum rules. At the very least it should be more accurately named.

Let's not be like noisy US neighbors in a nice quiet Canadian campground.
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline  
Old 04-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #30
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,658
I beg to differ with you Eric, I'm not running for any office nor am I tying to collect votes, that is the definition of politics. I am merely disseminating information, you can do what you want with it, but please do not label it.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.