something to think about - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Correct....
Old 04-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I thought I was helping people by posting this information, and several members agreed, so why isn't it helpful.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My thread, my title, your thread, your title, very simple.
Absolutely, but might it have been simpler to just post the proposed rule (see below) rather than a Youtube video of someone's very much over the top interpretation of what a proposed sticker is going to lead to?

II. This Proposed Rule
After reviewing the MHCC's recommendation, HUD is accepting the recommendation with revision. Initially, HUD proposes to restructure the exemption by removing it from § 3282.8 and codifying it at § 3282.15. HUD is also proposing to incorporate ANSI's updated 2015 Recreational Park Trailer Standard, A119.5-15, which after review, HUD believes best reflects the current state of recreational vehicle construction. Finally, to ensure consumer awareness of the difference between manufactured housing and recreational vehicles and the construction standards used to build each, HUD is proposing to require that each ANSI A119.5-15 certified structure seeking an exemption include a notice to be prominently displayed in a temporary manner in the kitchen (i.e., countertop or exposed cabinet face) until the completion of the sale transaction that explains that the manufacturer certifies that the structure is a recreational vehicle designed only for recreational use, and not for use as a primary residence or for permanent occupancy. The notice shall further explain that the manufacturer certifies that the unit has been built in accordance with ANSI A119.5-15. This notice shall be placed prominently to ensure consumers are made plainly aware of the distinction between recreational vehicles that are not self-propelled and manufactured housing, reflecting the intent of the MHCC in its recommendation to draw a clear distinction between the two products.

(OK I promised myself I was not going to post and keep this thread going - but I think people deserve to see the exact proposed rule that this is all about. I'm done )

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread