Stove vent hood uses.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
My 2009 vents outside. I find it difficult to grasp the concept of not venting out, as it is meant primarily to remove moisture from cooking, or if you should burn your toast.

I too converted my hood to LED.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
My 2008 17B vents outside.
Our 2008 5.0 vents outside too.

Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Many of the older models of Escapes do not have an outside vent with their stove vent hood. I recall Escape made an offer to send the outside vent but you were responsible for installation. So we have a hood but no vent
For a very short time, I believe in 2010 or 2011, Reace started using a hood that didn't vent to the outside. There was some complaining so he quickly changed back to the vented hood and at the time offered anyone who had the non vented hood the option to change to a vented one at no charge. I had a 2005 17B and it's hood was vented to the outside.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We all know the purpose of the metal hood over our stoves but did you ever consider using the vent in the winter or rain to allow fresh air into your Escape?. By propping open the exterior vent cover and turning on your Maxx Fan for exhaust you will pull in enough air to keep condensation to a minimum. This will work even in the rain since the vent has a cover. Thus those without an awning window can still have fresh air in the rain.
In addition consider switching the light to a small led bulb, it becomes a perfect night light that can be left on with minimum battery use. Just my .02 worth.
Thanks for the ideas. Mine also vents to the outside. However, one has to remember to unlock it prior to use lock it before leaving, and the little plastic catch doodads are a bit on the fragile side.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
One of our little clips did come off when opening one day but it seemed to clip in place again--and it is still in place!
Think I'll try an LED light there too. Thanks for the idea..all our other lights are LED
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Thanks for the ideas. Mine also vents to the outside. However, one has to remember to unlock it prior to use lock it before leaving, and the little plastic catch doodads are a bit on the fragile side.
Hi: Sandra L... I made new doodads from screen clips and mounted them on a new vent hood and then had it replaced while getting the bearings packed. There is a remote option avail. with a pull open lever on the inside.
The vent hood is also a great place for your fridge magnet collection... if it's not stainless!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Alf, Can we have a picture of your doodads?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Sandra L... I made new doodads from screen clips and mounted them on a new vent hood and then had it replaced while getting the bearings packed. There is a remote option avail. with a pull open lever on the inside.
The vent hood is also a great place for your fridge magnet collection... if it's not stainless!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi Alf,
Can you post pictures? I have all kinds of magnetic items on my vent hood! I even got a magnetic utensil holder from Amazon: Amazon.com: Better Houseware 2406 Magnetic Paper Towel Holder, Stainless: Home & Kitchen. I also got the paper towel holder, but since the towels block the window, it is now attached to the stove cover, for the time being: Amazon.com: Better Houseware 2406 Magnetic Paper Towel Holder, Stainless: Home & Kitchen)
The magnets are strong, but I had the towel one fall off when travelling. (Which is why it is now on the back of the stove top.)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape
Can anyone provide the source and part # for the LED bulb that replaces the OE 12V 10W wedge bulb in the stove venting hood ?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I have used these before in vent hoods 194 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base | Boat/RV/Other Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs | Boat/RV/Other LED Replacement Bulbs | Boat, RV, and Other Lighting | Super Bright LEDs