Tipping Delivery Driver - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Tipping Delivery Driver

For all you that have had your new Escape trailers delivered what do think is a fair tip for the delivery drive? I am thinking maybe some where around fifty dollars assuming you have good service. I know there is no one right answer when it come to tipping just looking for some input.
Thanks
Mark
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Never occurred to me to tip him. I did buy him dinner, since he arrived in the middle of a serious rain storm and we wanted to wait for the rain to slow down before we unloaded...

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I did. Two twenties was a small token of our appreciation.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA
Mark to Mark,
I'm really glad u asked that question because I honestly did not think of that. Picking up new 5.0 in October in Goshen, and if all goes well, I believe I will go with the amount you mentioned. Sounds fair !!
Mark from Florida
Weldingmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape
Check the condition of your trailer before tipping the driver. Water drained out of the rear drain holes as the trailer was being unloaded. After opening the trailer entrance door we found the table on the floor and the flooring scratched. The Maxx fan vent was fully open and the floor has a creaking noise from day one. We believe it was the result of water intrusion.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
10 or 15% ?

LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #7

Mark to Mark
My wife and I like to tip people it gives of us chance to make someone's life a little bit happier. Sometimes it puts a smile on peoples face that will last all day. We are not rich but we do what we can.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #8

Hi Jubal,
How did ETI handle your handle your cracking noise and the scratched vinyl floor?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #9

Larryand Liz
Ouch!!! 10- 15 %
Old 05-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Mine was filthy on the outside when it arrived but it was due to weather. I don't see any point in penalizing the driver, he hooks in up in BC and unhooks it at delivery. He has in own sleeping arrangements in the truck and said they only open it at the border if requested.

These guys are amazing. Mine left BC Wed am, delivered to the Central Coast of Cal Thurs am (how he did it is still a mystery!), slept for a couple hours in a parking lot, and was on his way to Phoenix, AZ for a pick-up and figured he be home for the weekend! WOW! Maybe instead of cash, we should be comp'ing him with some Preparation H! That's ALOT of sitting!

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I found a nice Italian Restaurant not far from me and on the way out of town where Dave could pull his truck/trailer combo onto the large parking lot. I gave him some $$ and said dinner was on me. He seemed very pleased. I failed to do this the first delivery time, I guess I was too excited to even think about it back then, but now Dave and myself are on first name basis after him coming twice to my house.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape
Hi Jubal,
How did ETI handle your handle your cracking noise and the scratched vinyl floor?

Tammy expressed dismay but did not offer any resolution. She stated that ETI had never replaced a floor before and to wait to see if any other problems surfaced. I did not press the issue as we were primary care givers at the time without any resolution in the near future. Chilliwack is a long trip and purchasing from a business without any regional or national reps is the risk we take. I do not believe the problem with the table on the floor is the drivers fault but the trailer should not have been hauled on the trailer deck with the tongue low to the deck with Maxx fan vent open and the solar panel tilting towards the vent. Who is responsible? The trailers are hauled with most of the weight on the front axles.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0553.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldingmedic View Post
Mark to Mark,
I'm really glad u asked that question because I honestly did not think of that. Picking up new 5.0 in October in Goshen, and if all goes well, I believe I will go with the amount you mentioned. Sounds fair !!
Mark from Florida
Mark, did you get a deal from Escape for picking up in Goshen or did they charge you full freight? We're planning an East Coast trip (driving from Oregon) and that could work out well for us to pick up there on the way to South Carolina.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #14

Hi Bob,
You are right about this "Chilliwack is a long trip and purchasing from a business without any regional or national reps is the risk we take" I have to say I thought about that for a couple of months before I placed my order with ETI what happens when something goes wrong.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #15

Hi Charlie,
I was told by ETI there was two things that determine shipping cost one was having a full trailer with three Escape Trailer loaded on the truck going in the same direction. The other was cost per mile to your location.
Mark
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by markvt View Post
Hi Charlie,
I was told by ETI there was two things that determine shipping cost one was having a full trailer with three Escape Trailer loaded on the truck going in the same direction. The other was cost per mile to your location.
Mark
Escape is only a 6 hour drive for us to pick up at the factory; logistics of our East Coast trip and timing make the Goshen Indiana pickup favorable if they'll be hauling trailers there free (or really cheap) when they make their pickups there.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I doubt you can pick up in Goshen, In for less than having it shipped to you in Oregon, even if it was the only unit being sent.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #18

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
15 % of the trailer cost .... before or after tax.? Holy !...
maybe some securitiy tape on the door will guarantee that it's not used when you recieve it..
Old 05-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Escape is only a 6 hour drive for us to pick up at the factory; logistics of our East Coast trip and timing make the Goshen Indiana pickup favorable if they'll be hauling trailers there free (or really cheap) when they make their pickups there.
Escape doesn't ship trailers for free and really cheap is totally subjective. I too am 6 hours from the factory. Living in Portland, OR there's no way I'd have a trailer shipped. I'd rather spend those funds on "options," which to me is a better use of the dollars. YMMV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We talked to Tammy about what would happen if something needed fixing when we were still under warranty and were in NJ and she said that we could go to an RV place and have it done and Escape would pay.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote