To OB or not to OB - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
xyz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: about PoC, New York
Trailer: nunya
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
OK, in all farness how do the rest of you feel ... please speak up.

TOM
I'm offended by it too.
__________________

xyz is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,436
Tom to know where everyone is coming from you have to meet Glenn and Leslie in person. They are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They also have an awesome sense of humour, rest assured there that they are no different then any other couples short of having different nick names for each other

Cheers
Doug
__________________

__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
LarryandLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Leslie ( Old Bag ) calls me Baglo. My daughter calls me Glennnnnn. My brother calls his kids, "Litter Bags".
Les is a year and a half older than me and when she phones her friends, she announces, "Old Bag here".
And, that's my story.

Bags, Bagsie, Lobags, Baggers, Bagpipes.

When I first read the term "Old Bag" referring to Leslie it took a moment to figure out the play on words. I'm not offended or taken aback by the way Glenn uses the phrase.

Since being on this Forum I have never read a misogynist, chauvinistic comment that Glenn has made about any female, certainly not his wife. (I am nearing the final days of a career in criminal justice where I deal with domestic violence on a daily basis. I have a fine-tuned antenna for attitudes of male privilege, male down-putting of a female).

I think the poster who brought up their concerns went too far by asking for Glenn's dismissal and for the large bold print (online culture bold print this is viewed as a loud shout).

Glenn would be a huge loss to this Forum.

Lets move on......

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #14
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,659
In all fairness to Tom and Casey and Glenn, this issue is not a new one. However in the past it was resolved by merely suggesting those involved to utilize the "ignore" option in the tools menu.
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
When I first read the term "Old Bag" referring to Leslie it took a moment to figure out the play on words. I'm not offended or taken aback by the way Glenn uses the phrase.

Since being on this Forum I have never read a misogynist, chauvinistic comment that Glenn has made about any female, certainly not his wife. (I am nearing the final days of a career in criminal justice where I deal with domestic violence on a daily basis. I have a fine-tuned antenna for attitudes of male privilege, male down-putting of a female).

I think the poster who brought up their concerns went too far by asking for Glenn's dismissal and for the large bold print (online culture bold print this is viewed as a loud shout).

Glenn would be a huge loss to this Forum.

Lets move on......

Larry
Half the time Glenn's the only one who gets my warped sense of humor.
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #16
Member
 
Washingtonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Seattle, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Ltd Edition 15B (1 of 47)
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post

Glen you should be ashamed of yourself! If not I am for you! You are a total embarrassment. I WANT YOU TO REMOVE YOURSELF AS A SITE TEAM MEMBER! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE AS A OFFICIAL OF ANY KIND.

OK, in all farness how do the rest of you feel ... please speak up.

TOM
OK Tom, you asked. I can't jump aboard your Outrage Express. Whatever he calls his wife is between the two of them.
Washingtonia is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: n/a, Texas
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
In all fairness to Tom and Casey and Glenn, this issue is not a new one. However in the past it was resolved by merely suggesting those involved to utilize the "ignore" option in the tools menu.
Good suggestion except that the site does not allow a user to "ignore" a moderator. It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership. Kudos to StarvingHyena for speaking up. Maybe OB's husband is kidding, maybe he's not.
Viajante is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #18
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership.
There's only three moderators on this site. Me, Glenn and Jim. We're volunteers at zero pay/benefits. What benefit is there to attracting readership for us? And why do you think that's what we're trying to do? I'm confused....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,659
and to refute your synopsis, Donna has over 20,000 posts on FGRV, more than anyone else and she is not a moderator there?
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Half the time Glenn's the only one who gets my warped sense of humor.
There is a chance I might too, I am just not going to admit it in public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
Good suggestion except that the site does not allow a user to "ignore" a moderator. It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership.
There is one more option that will definitely work......logging out.....

I think you are very off base regarding the moderators here. Churning up interest is a good thing, and unless I have been missing something for the last 7 years here, that what this site is all about.

Go, Mods, Go!
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.