To OB or not to OB - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
xyz

Trailer: nunya
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
OK, in all farness how do the rest of you feel ... please speak up.

TOM
I'm offended by it too.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Tom to know where everyone is coming from you have to meet Glenn and Leslie in person. They are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They also have an awesome sense of humour, rest assured there that they are no different then any other couples short of having different nick names for each other

Cheers
Doug

Old 01-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Leslie ( Old Bag ) calls me Baglo. My daughter calls me Glennnnnn. My brother calls his kids, "Litter Bags".
Les is a year and a half older than me and when she phones her friends, she announces, "Old Bag here".
And, that's my story.

Bags, Bagsie, Lobags, Baggers, Bagpipes.

When I first read the term "Old Bag" referring to Leslie it took a moment to figure out the play on words. I'm not offended or taken aback by the way Glenn uses the phrase.

Since being on this Forum I have never read a misogynist, chauvinistic comment that Glenn has made about any female, certainly not his wife. (I am nearing the final days of a career in criminal justice where I deal with domestic violence on a daily basis. I have a fine-tuned antenna for attitudes of male privilege, male down-putting of a female).

I think the poster who brought up their concerns went too far by asking for Glenn's dismissal and for the large bold print (online culture bold print this is viewed as a loud shout).

Glenn would be a huge loss to this Forum.

Lets move on......

Larry
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
In all fairness to Tom and Casey and Glenn, this issue is not a new one. However in the past it was resolved by merely suggesting those involved to utilize the "ignore" option in the tools menu.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
When I first read the term "Old Bag" referring to Leslie it took a moment to figure out the play on words. I'm not offended or taken aback by the way Glenn uses the phrase.

Since being on this Forum I have never read a misogynist, chauvinistic comment that Glenn has made about any female, certainly not his wife. (I am nearing the final days of a career in criminal justice where I deal with domestic violence on a daily basis. I have a fine-tuned antenna for attitudes of male privilege, male down-putting of a female).

I think the poster who brought up their concerns went too far by asking for Glenn's dismissal and for the large bold print (online culture bold print this is viewed as a loud shout).

Glenn would be a huge loss to this Forum.

Lets move on......

Larry
Half the time Glenn's the only one who gets my warped sense of humor.

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Ltd Edition 15B (1 of 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post

Glen you should be ashamed of yourself! If not I am for you! You are a total embarrassment. I WANT YOU TO REMOVE YOURSELF AS A SITE TEAM MEMBER! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE AS A OFFICIAL OF ANY KIND.

OK, in all farness how do the rest of you feel ... please speak up.

TOM
OK Tom, you asked. I can't jump aboard your Outrage Express. Whatever he calls his wife is between the two of them.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
In all fairness to Tom and Casey and Glenn, this issue is not a new one. However in the past it was resolved by merely suggesting those involved to utilize the "ignore" option in the tools menu.
Good suggestion except that the site does not allow a user to "ignore" a moderator. It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership. Kudos to StarvingHyena for speaking up. Maybe OB's husband is kidding, maybe he's not.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership.
There's only three moderators on this site. Me, Glenn and Jim. We're volunteers at zero pay/benefits. What benefit is there to attracting readership for us? And why do you think that's what we're trying to do? I'm confused....
Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
and to refute your synopsis, Donna has over 20,000 posts on FGRV, more than anyone else and she is not a moderator there?
Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Half the time Glenn's the only one who gets my warped sense of humor.
There is a chance I might too, I am just not going to admit it in public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
Good suggestion except that the site does not allow a user to "ignore" a moderator. It appears that some moderators only purpose is to churn the site with new posts to attract readership.
There is one more option that will definitely work......logging out.....

I think you are very off base regarding the moderators here. Churning up interest is a good thing, and unless I have been missing something for the last 7 years here, that what this site is all about.

Go, Mods, Go!

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread