To OB or not to OB - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #51
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I think we need a group hug.....
While I was employed, as the dreaded tax agent, the majority of time I was not a welcome addition to a meeting with lawyers and other accountants. That said we all wanted to work to an agreeable solution. We all all agreed that we will not agree with one another all the time, but we all agreed that we can agree some of the time.

never in doubt, often wrong
Old 01-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #52
Trailer: 2013 19' Escape (2017 5.0 TA on order)
Coming on-line and reading this thread all I can say is that it would make a great Case Study in cyberspace group interaction.

It's really discouraging that anyone would open a thread with such a personal challenge/attack. While the original question may have been spurred by a perceived, legitimate concern,it could have been resolved with a note to the individual in question.

Y'all need to mind your manners and use more sense.

Rich & Mary
"Everything in moderation, including moderation."
- Oscar Wilde
Old 01-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #53
Hi: al... I think it's time for a "Zip loc" bag here!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #54
Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
A reasonable person might well take offense at this particular method of referring to one's spouse. When I first saw it, I was taken aback. BUT, it soon became clear that it was not meant as either derogatory or disrespectful...just a playful, family play on words and apparently perfectly ok with the spouse so named. I admit that I personally would not like that 'term of endearment' and I still find it a little jarring when I see it but it's really not my business to police other people's 'pet names'. Context and intent is important here.
Fran & Dave
2008 Escape 5.0
2011 Frontier Crew Cab Short Bed Pro4x
Sandia Park, New Mexico
Old 01-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #55
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I just make it a strong point not to be critical of anyone or anything and to be very easy going. My grandfather was this way and lived to 96. For example, I saw no problem with the furnace location change. Loren
Old 01-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #56
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Blatant cheer-leading can be tedious....
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
LOL... And constantly griping is better? ...
I think that these two opinions represent the extremes of Escape ownership, and the majority of Escape Owners fall somewhere in between.

Dave W - 2013 Escape 19' and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Old 01-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #57
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
I'm with Rich. If you have a problem with a moderator, message them. Probably not best to use a new thread to attack them and call for them to leave their post.

One of the main reasons why I use this forum far more frequently than FGRV (besides the fact we have an Escape), is that it's always been far more civil. Drama is a rare thing here, and FGRV is filled with it. Should that change, my life is far to busy with real concerns to add another one, and I'll probably bow out. I'd miss it, mainly because of people like Glenn and Donna, who, despite the claims that I'm cheerleading, are VERY helpful and welcoming indeed.
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
Old 01-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #58
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21. Tow vehicle: 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax.
I'm late to this discussion, but I want to attest that I've known Glenn and Leslie for about 20 years, and know that the Old Bag thing is just Glenn's style of humour. He and Leslie have a great relationship. Camp next to them sometime and you'll see.

The true test of his character is that our mutual friend Fran would have grievously harmed Baglo long ago if she had perceived that he was being disrespectful to his wife or daughter. Despite the occasionally edgy exterior, perhaps the result of 30+ years in a very tough business, he's a kind and generous guy, and is one of the most reliable sources of advice (and quirky humour) for newcomers and regulars to this site.
Brent and Cheryl.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #59
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Okay, after reading all of this, I've decided we're getting to the NOGs early so no one is around to hear us when we're trying to back up the trailer ....

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
Old 01-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #60
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I remember as a young teenager hearing my friends refer to their father as "my old man" which I thought was demeaning since I referred to my father by his name, Bob or my father. But the world still turned out ok. at least until I discovered girls.

never in doubt, often wrong
Closed Thread