To OB or not to OB - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I have nothing but good thoughts for and thanks to our volunteer moderators. Apparently there is a lot of truth to the old saying "No good deed goes unpunished"

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Deed ;-)
Old 01-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape
Since you asked. I have no problem with Jim, if you mean cpaharley. Always a positive.

But I can think of no better example of how poorly moderators serve the interests of Escape owners than Donna. When ETI announced changes to the furnace location in the 21 with resulting loss of storage, owners-to-be were negative. Donna immediately told the prospective owners they were wrong, that the changes were good, that they would like the trailer better. Luckily for the buyers ETI listened to them, altered the plans, and presumably reached a good solution.

Moderators are useful. Censors are not.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Blatant cheer-leading can be tedious. Another moderator lamented that the population of the forum has changed and the tone has become less convivial. To me, nothing is static and as Escape continues to grow and attract new audiences then they need to be accommodated- IMHO.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Omg! Seems to me that a moderators role is to help ensure that forum members play nice together in accordance with the rules of the forum. Being a moderator does not mean you cannot express an opinion, take a side, or heaven forbid say something that is not correct or is in contravention of some other forum members opinion. Take a deep breath people and relax. Life here on the Escape forum is much more civil than many of the countless other forums out there.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Some members should perhaps read the Community Rules. You will find the link at the bottom of this page:

Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

I will leave it to another moderator to close this thread if deemed necessary.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Okay, I gotta ask. What is OB?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
Since you asked. I have no problem with Jim, if you mean cpaharley. Always a positive.

But I can think of no better example of how poorly moderators serve the interests of Escape owners than Donna. When ETI announced changes to the furnace location in the 21 with resulting loss of storage, owners-to-be were negative. Donna immediately told the prospective owners they were wrong, that the changes were good, that they would like the trailer better. Luckily for the buyers ETI listened to them, altered the plans, and presumably reached a good solution.

Moderators are useful. Censors are not.
Wow, that's not at all what I said. This is what I said:

Honestly, I think the new position is going to make the entire cabin heat more even. The furnace in the old position was under the rear dinette (?)

Honestly, those that are buying a new build 21'... the furnance will now be more centrally located. Honest. And you may be worried about the visuals (I'm a VISUAL person), but this looks like a good decision. YMMV

I'm wondering too if moving the furnace further away from the refrigerator will help with THAT issue. No, we're not going to start talking about refrigerators in this thread I was just merely thinking out loud.

And no, after Reace and Tammy announced the change in the first post... it never changed to something else:

Hello Everyone,

After two days of extensive research, trial and error, and several attempts at installing the furnace under the bench in it's standard location. We have resigned ourselves to accept the fact that the furnace simply will not fit under the dinette.

We have reworked the 3 - drawer cabinet located on the driver's side at the foot of the bed so that it will become a 2 - drawer cabinet. -

This is the thread: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...cker-5125.html

Old 01-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #29

D'oh. LOL
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-27-2016, 10:27 PM   #30

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Okay, I gotta ask. What is OB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
D'oh. LOL
Well, I still haven't figured it out, but it sounds like you have. Please enlighten those that haven't.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Old B...g !
Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, I still haven't figured it out, but it sounds like you have. Please enlighten those that haven't.
Weird, the post that enlightened me is now right after yours.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:37 PM   #33

Donna- while I realize that ETI had a tough choice to make given that Atwood stopped making a unit small enough to go in the rear area it is still less than optimal. Being more "centralized doesn't really matter when most people most of the time are going to be in the back of the trailer. Making the cabin heat "more even" is the same as above. The refrigerator comment was a stretch for sure.

Most people don't sleep with the furnace on unless it is really cold, and then- being in the back it doesn't wake Susan up.

Might have been best to just admit that ETI didn't have many choices and they did what they could or had to do.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #34
Site Team

One point in the furnace needing to be moved, is there's now more heat for the bathroom. I never thought having a furnace in the rear, under the table was a very good place to start with. So, at least I was honest in what I perceived.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #35

Trailer: No RV for now.
I think it is important to keep a sense of humor at times like this. I wouldn't/couldn't be a moderator and the time and energy involved in that voluntary position is admirable! Back to the first post on this thread: I am quite certain that Leslie (The Old Bag) is still chuckling about all of this! I have learned (most of the time, anyway) that jumping to conclusions and public negativity usually backfires. A personal message asking questions might be more appropriate. Life is good.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I fail to see how comments regarding placement of a furnace have any connection to that persons role as a moderator. If someone disagrees with an opinion expressed by a moderator on any technical matter relating to Escape trailers, feel free to provide an alternate opinion, maybe you will be right. But don't misconstrue that moderators participation in that discussion as moderating.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #37
Site Team

Life is very good
Old 01-27-2016, 10:52 PM   #38

Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Blatant cheer-leading can be tedious.
LOL... And constantly griping is better?

If you consider when someone is pleased with a product and service, and says so on a forum dedicated to the product, as chearleading, then colour me proudly guilty.

Participation is optional.... Just sayin'.

Hey Jim- so you're saying I'm constantly griping? And if I don't like the blatant cheer responses after legitimate concerns I should just go away?
Old 01-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #39
Site Team

I have an idea. Let's just cool it okay? This is a great place to share information, ask questions and gain knowledge. Let's get back to that okay? This is NOT National Beat Up someone on the forums day.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #40

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have an idea. Let's just cool it okay? This is a great place to share information, ask questions and gain knowledge. Let's get back to that okay? This is NOT National Beat Up someone on the forums day.
Hey, positive note here!

If ETI is correct in telling me our trailer will be ready 3 months early (we hope, we hope, we hope!), then we'll get it in time for the Fall NOG in western Oregon! I'm reading that thread right now and will start researching camping sites next.

So, I ask that everyone send positive thoughts that we'll get our trailer in time and "The Trailer" will be there, along with the owners. And probably Lucy and Spike.

(We don't name stuff, so it's kind of tongue-in-cheek naming of the trailer. Yeah, my humor is kind of weird at times.)
Closed Thread