Trailer Storage - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Trailer Storage

Winter is moving in all across the US and Canada and a lot of campgrounds are now empty or closed for the season. A trailer is a fairly large acquisition which just isn't going to fit anywhere. With the 21 coming next August, storage is another issue to think about as well as the build sheet. There is probably enough room here with the large corner lot but even if the city would allow it, we won't be storing the trailer here. Most garage doors are only 7 ft. tall so that won't work either. Where do most of you store your trailers in the off season or when not in use? Home, Inside, outside, RV storage lot or where ever. I would hate to have to pay more than $70 or $80 a month to store the trailer. As I have said before, all comments and advice are greatly appreciated. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welllll, right now Ten Forward is in a storage yard I have an 18'x25' carport, but it needs to be raised 2' for the 5er to fit under. So, the Scamp is snug as a bug and my wonderful Escape is currently sitting outside. Come April... that's going to be fixed! It's wonderful having my trailer parked next to the house. Makes getting ready to go camping a snap... and returning from a trip just as easy. If you can arrange home parking, I highly recommend it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScampParkingCarport.jpg (34.6 KB, 26 views)

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I have a large driveway area, so the trailer stays at home. For most people, that isn't an option... or at least not an easy one.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Unfortunately, I can't keep my trailer at home either--at least I don't want to as I live in a cul-de-sac and it would stand out like a sore thumb; I wouldn't do that to my neighbors or to myself for that matter. Covered storage is $110 a month here but I knew that going into this so can't complain (other than a big, fat OUCH once a year).
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Wow Donna, you're so lucky. Two trailers and a hard roof shelter. Sure wish they were allowed here.

I'm lucky, I have 9' between the edge of my driveway and the fence so the trailer is out of the way of the driveway. Technically trailers aren't allowed to be at the front of houses but I don't have a lane and fortunately they don't seem to enfore the rule

So for the 19 I opted for another soft cover. It's better than the one I had for my Scamp. I like the way it conforms to the shape at the front.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-11-2014 8-14-42 PM3_resize.jpg (207.8 KB, 10 views)
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Ditto. Also living in North Van. I have no lane. Trailer is supposed to be stored within a building ( read garage ) or in the back yard. I can't do either.
However, you just have to get along with your neighbours. District will not apply the bylaw unless there is a complaint from somebody who lives within 300 meters ( as I recall ).
So, be nice.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Two of you have already stated the main problem of storing the trailer in the back yard. It would stand out like a sore thumb and I'm sure the neighbors would not be happy. Looking like RV storage with a cover although those things sound like a pain to put on and take off, especially with a lot of roof mounted equipment. I have seen several Casitas that were always outside and they looked pretty rough. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post

although those things sound like a pain to put on and take off, especially with a lot of roof mounted equipment. I have seen several Casitas that were always outside and they looked pretty rough. Loren
The Scamp cover was a bit of a struggle. But a little grunting and brute force and I'd get it on For this new cover my wife said "hold up a minute, let me read the instructions" (whatever they are) Wouldn't you know it, there's actually quite an easy way to get them on. But yes, they are a bit of work to put on and I wouldn't do it if I was going to use the trailer again in a couple of weeks but for anything longer, on it'd go, except in summer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0
I like Glen have no place to store my 5.0 but in my driveway but I used to store my Westfalia there too. I paid 24,000 for it twenty years before I sold it and got 20,000 for it. Look after what you own and It'll look after you. Incidentlly my wifes' 20 year old Suzuki Samuri sold for 5,500 and was purchased fo 7,500 all sitting out in a driveway 24/7.
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Prior occupant has been replaced with an Escape 21. Entry is 16 ft wide and 14 ft high, 30 feet deep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0174.jpg (357.1 KB, 35 views)

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote