Traveling from Atlanta to visit Chilliwack on 5/11. Suggestions? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Traveling from Atlanta to visit Chilliwack on 5/11. Suggestions?

SWMBO and I are probably overthinking the whole travel trailer thing. But thanks to a Delta bump from a work trip we are going to visit Escape. I've seen the only two known 19's in Georgia and would like to see a 5.0TA. After Escape we will spend two days in Seattle then take an Alaska cruise. Still haven't decided 100% on the Escape - maybe this will tip our decision. Aside from which trailer (you are a biased crowd) anybody out there have suggestions for this Georgia boy?
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Swmbo??
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Sample the fruit in the Pike Place Market in Seattle. Best pears I've ever had, and all the vendors were giving away samples. There are also tee shirts announcing the Seattle Rain Festival (Jan 1 - Dec 31) so bring a rain coat. Bring your checkbook to ETI.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Swmbo??
Are you just joking? To most men it's no joke. She Who Must Be Obeyed

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Make sure your passports are current and won't expire within 6 months or so. Some countries won't let you in if your passport expires within that time period (don't know about Canada, but I've never been willing to try). If you have any DUIs you might not get in either.

You may not need a raincoat here in Seattle as we've been getting some exceptional warm weather lately. But, it's Seattle, so one never knows.

Lots to see in Seattle besides the Market. Allow extra drive time as our high rise Viaduct going through downtown and the waterfront is closed right now as a huge earth boring machine is drilling underneath it so it's been shut down in case the whole thing collapses or moves or whatever. So, lots (as in LOTS) of cars on other roadways that used to use the Viaduct. It might be open again by the time you're here; they were predicting 2 weeks and it shut down this past Monday or thereabouts. Bring your patience and some good tunes with ya as there isn't much on the radio stations around here (unless you don't mind twelve million commercials) - in my opinion.

Bring your camera (or your smart phone, I guess) so you can take lots of photos of the various trailers on display at ETI. You won't remember all of the details later on and the photos will really help.

Enjoy your cruise! Lots of folks take 'em out of Seattle.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #6

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Are you just joking? To most men it's no joke. She Who Must Be Obeyed

Ron
I didn't know what it meant either (the initials) and I used to watch "Rumpole of the Bailey" on TV and DVD. HA!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
SWMBO and I are probably overthinking the whole travel trailer thing. But thanks to a Delta bump from a work trip we are going to visit Escape. I've seen the only two known 19's in Georgia and would like to see a 5.0TA. After Escape we will spend two days in Seattle then take an Alaska cruise. Still haven't decided 100% on the Escape - maybe this will tip our decision. Aside from which trailer (you are a biased crowd) anybody out there have suggestions for this Georgia boy?
Just remember the exchange rate has everything at ETI on sale.
Bring your calculator.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #8

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We loved the Alaska cruise as far as Glacier Bay, (and hope to soon do it again), but the inland portion, from Anchorage to Denali, wasn't worth the time (IMHO). Very mundane scenery, even in Denali - you will see much more spectacular scenery in Banff, Jasper, or even Colorado or Utah.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #9
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We loved Seattle and had awesome weather before picking up our trailer last September. We took our truck on a ferry to Barnaby Island and enjoyed a picnic, awesome views and the quiet. But with two days and if you want to see the sights I'd recommend staying near the Seattle Space Needle It's close to a lot of sights including our favorite: Chihuly Garden and Glass. Check out Trip Advisor.

I agree, make sure your passports are in order.

We loved the Glacier Bay experience on the Alaskan cruise and we woke up early one morning to view the bears feasting on a whale carcass. The towns will be inundated with tourists from the ships, and the cruise lines will try and send you to their company store.

Our Escape is small and easier to maintain and tow than the giants out there. Can't wait for our next adventure! Enjoy.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
but the inland portion, from Anchorage to Denali, wasn't worth the time (IMHO). Very mundane scenery, even in Denali - you will see much more spectacular scenery in Banff, Jasper, or even Colorado or Utah.
I've been to each of those areas. I'd never call Denali mundane and in my view it was very worth seeing. I guess we all see things differently.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Thanks all! We arrive @ SEA on Tuesday then drive straight to Chilliwack. This is a pretty major investment in our due diligence. Right now it's between an Escape 19 and a Lance 1985. Let the record reflect that I'm NOT visiting the Lance facility. We will then spend the nest 2 nights in Seattle right smack in the heart of it all. The cruise departs Friday. Several years ago we had an interior Alaska cruise that would be hard to beat. SWMBO's brother was the Senior Enlisted a Eielson AFB and he gave us a tour of the Alaska interior that would be hard to beat. Denali was spectacular as was Circle Alaska and everything else we saw. Right now the Escape 19 is my front runner. SWMBO wants a little more room. I want easy to maintain, pull, clean, store .... we shall see.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
We toured a north Georgia 19 and ordered one. ETI graciously let us switch to a 21 at the rally two years ago. Tour them all when you get there. Those switches may be hard to get now.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We considered a Lance 1985 when we needed to upsize from a Casita 17; went as far as test towing.

I didn't think the construction was something that would last me 10+ years, particularly the dubious slide-out drive system (retired engineer) so we went for the Escape 21 and it has been great.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
cpaharley bought a 2012 Lance 1575 brand new. Ask him why he only kept it a very short period of time...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
cpaharley bought a 2012 Lance 1575 brand new. Ask him why he only kept it a very short period of time...
Hi: Donna D... Slide outs are like computers... they're wonderful when they work!!! My Bro-in-Law needed a new motor/tranny for his just out of warr. behemoth 5th. wheel. $1600-$2000. There was no provision for a manual crank either. Glad we don't have one!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:34 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, Donna and Alf are both correct, my slide on the Lance 1575 went out after 90 days, luckily it happened at home as there is no provision for manual operation. Although I was reimbursed for the repair I realized if this had happened while away I would have been DOA for at least a week. No manual back up, no way the owner can access, just a royal PIA. No slides again.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Richard, having lost our lovely 2002 Nash stick-built trailer to leak damage in 2014 and knowing many others with similar experiences, I would suggest a molded fiberglass trailer is a far safer investment for you. Of the molded FG trailers, Escape was the clear winner for us, and we didn't even have the benefit of the U. S. dollar advantage. Make sure you talk to Reace or Tammy during your factory tour. Having access to these warm, straight shooting ETI owners is a huge advantage for Escape owners. Since we picked up our Escape 21 a year ago, I have been connected to one or the other several times re questions I had about our trailer or regarding minor fixes we needed. It's like talking directly to the mechanic working on your car.
Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #18

Trailer: 17
The manual disconnect procedure is in the actuator manual. and also covered in the lance forums. The slide is held closed with wood wedged in. But I agree very Scarry going down the freeway like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
there is no provision for manual operation. I would have been DOA for at least a week. No manual back up, no way the owner can access,
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote