Traveling with Cats - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Our inverter is on the back wall even though the monitor is under the side bench.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not sure that is the best location, there appears 2 be several electrical boxes, your solar, inverter, propane detector all within grasp of the feline and it's paws. , maybe the back wall would have been better, at least not so crowded.
That all looks like shallow equipment, so if wiring on the back is a concern, a panel could be added to create a shallow equipment compartment and leave a large compartment for the cat (with a short "tunnel" at the door). I would want that to keep dust from the litter out of the electronics.

From earlier photos under the rear of a U-shaped dinette, that looks like a pretty narrow area for a litterbox, but maybe it could work, too.

I would rather get to the litter through an outside access door (as I do with our current RV, although I haven't set that up in an Escape-style trailer) than by lifting the dinette seat; that's possibly an option on the side, but no so practical at the rear.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Kind of surprised we didn't get to see some feline trailer action shots.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryames51 View Post
Similar to Keager, I fulltime with 1 cat (previously 2 cats). ETI put in a catflap in the banquette for the litterbox, which is the perfect size.

Is that easily accessible to scoop?
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 5.0TA 19 Aug 2016, 2012 Dodge RAM 1500, Andersen Hitch.
1) We currently have 27 ft TT downsizing to a 5.0TA in Oct 16. Nefertiti (Neffie) travels with us. I put a cat door in the Bedroom and the litter box just inside storage area. Used plastic lattice to "fence" in the litter box; made it removable by using nails as pins. Pull them and lattice comes out for cleaning. Hoping I can do similar on the 5.0.
2) When moving, we have crate in the backseat (seats fold up) with open door so Neffie comes and goes as pleases, spends a lot of time on the folded down center seat between the two of us. We carry her papers, she has an electronic chip and she wears collar with ID, and leash when we plan on opening doors/moving to the trailer, etc. Neffie is house cat and escaped (on the road) once. Exciting story, too long, but caught her!
3) At a Texas Rest Stop, the two humans got disorganized. I left the truck with my key in the ignition. Then wife decided to stretch legs, her keys in her purse on floor of truck. Neffie decided to see what was going on and just happened to step on the lock button on the door armrest! Another exciting story, in short, wife coaxed Neffie to a door and she finally stepped on an unlock button!
We thoroughly enjoy Neffie at home and on the road! Precautions are necessary!
ethanallen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Ha, ha, ha, too funny. That'll teach you to go off and leave the cat! At least, that is what the cat thinks.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #27

Trailer: 2016 19'
Too funny!
I had to lock the window controls because Faye Wray kept stepping on them and rolling down the windows
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, traveling with cats