TV Mount Question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
TV Mount Question

I have never had a TV in our Escape 19 (nor any other trailer), but with the debate coming up while we will be traveling, I have decided to pack our small TV for this next trip. When looking at the extendable TV arm, I realized that the arm needs the TV to have a plate attached to the back of it. I guess the previous owner kept it. I can't find a model number for the bracket and don't want to uninstall and reinstall a new mount. Anyone know how to find the correct plate? Are they universal?
NMLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Photo of TV arm

This is the TV mount arm that came with the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0010.jpg  
NMLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
NMLien, I'd take your small TV to a store that sells TV''s and wall mounts (Frys Electronics, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) and see if they have something that works. Hopefully, you'd only have to buy the part you need.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you order this, overnight you will have it in time
https://smile.amazon.com/Mount-Brack...mount+tv+stand
Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I think the thing about these wall mounts is I wouldn't want to be towing while the tv is attached to it because of chances that movement will create momentum for bending or flying. Wonder if there's a mount with a quick-release plate?
Old 10-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I think the thing about these wall mounts is I wouldn't want to be towing while the tv is attached to it because of chances that movement will create momentum for bending or flying. Wonder if there's a mount with a quick-release plate?
I came up with a pretty simple hack to secure the TV (which so far we never watch...) while traveling. A ~ 3' x 3' piece of thin plywood under the corner of the mattress. Two 'yoga straps' I found on Amazon (amazon.com/gp/product/B00X8EJJX4/) wrapped around the plywood with the rings hanging out the side -- one at the bottom of the bed, one on the side. Beefy bungee cord wrapped over the tv mount, hooked to the two rings -- holds the tv solidly to the mattress. Worked well so far, even when things were tossed out of the kitchen cabinets...
Tom and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Once mounted I just secured the tv against the wall with a bungee strap and a towel, worked for 3 years and 20,000 miles.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Someone - I think it's Jim Bennett - uses a mounting arm which releases at the other end, from the wall. The makes sense to me, and even allows the TV to be moved between two locations using one arm (and two wall brackets).

There certainly are quick-release mounts which leave just the plate and a bit of hardware on the TV, but I've only used them with computer monitors (which use the same VESA Part D mounting pattern). Offhand, I don't know of a supplier of these for a pivoting arm in the style that people want to use for a TV in their trailer, at a moderate price. You can insert a quick release adapter (such as this one from Ergotron) between the TV and the arm.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLien View Post
This is the TV mount arm that came with the trailer.
That looks like the same unit that ETI is currently installing in the trailers. I've attached the manual for the tv arm that came with our trailer.

It is a removable arm. Doubtful that you could get just a tv mounting plate to match but you could get the whole unit that would match the bracket already installed on your wall. That way you would not have to mess with adding or subtracting holes in your wall. Hole subtracting is a lost art, though hole addition is relatively easy for anyone to accomplish. Ask me how I know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RCA Universal TV Mount.pdf (386.2 KB, 36 views)
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
That looks like the same unit that ETI is currently installing in the trailers. I've attached the manual for the tv arm that came with our trailer.

That looks like what I was referring to... it looks this arm has the removability feature already handled, and an additional wall mount plate is all that is needed to make it usable in a second location.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Someone - I think it's Jim Bennett - uses a mounting arm which releases at the other end, from the wall. The makes sense to me, and even allows the TV to be moved between two locations using one arm (and two wall brackets)...
We have the ETI supplied mounting bracket. It comes with a quick release that allows the TV and mounting bracket to be taken off the wall in seconds. For travel, we take the TV down and use a strap to fasten it face down on the bed. After arriving at a campsite, it takes literally a couple of seconds to unstrap and rehang on the wall mount.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #12

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
I believe this one is similar to the one ETI installs and comes with 2 mounts. This will give you idea how the ETI offered unit works and mounts to the wall.

Secondary mount gives you the ability to move TV from say the bed area to the dinette area. Of course power and cable connections would need to be installed at both locations.

https://www.amazon.com/Ready-America.../dp/B00149RVK8
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I believe this one is similar to the one ETI installs and comes with 2 mounts.
https://www.amazon.com/Ready-America.../dp/B00149RVK8
That's the one that I recalled Jim Bennett mentioning... I now realize as a plan, rather than what he already had:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...757 (post #55)