TV recommendations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
When ordering my Escape I planned on using 12v for everything, other than the a/c of course. I had extra 12v outlets installed where a tv maybe beneficial. Most tv's are DC anyway and I have a DVD/TV combo in BlackJack- purchased on Amazon.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We have a 24" Jensen TV. It is the largest TV that will fit in the closet, and fold to be flat against the closet wall without sticking in the aisle of our 21. We carry it on the floor of the closet, using some rubberized shelf liner as padding. We have been on the road a bit over a month, and only watched TV / movies a couple of times. Maybe we will watch another movie tonight.

We like the TV because it is 1080p, works well with our jensen stereo/dvd player (one remote for both), and we didn't have to do any futzing to make it work with our 12 volt systems. We don't have an inverter because someone suggested just going whole hog 12 volt, so we did, and we are happy running almost everything off 12 volt systems. No inverters for us!

On the other hand the Jensen stuff is expensive for what you get, and if I had to do it over again, I would be strongly tempted to get a bit bigger samsung, carry it on the bed when traveling, and just put it up every night. It only takes a couple of minutes to put up. I would also need a small inverter, but I don't think it would need to be much over 100watts. Who knows, we might watch more movies that way. I like campfires, but they are more of a social thing for me. If we are alone, am more inclined sit inside with a good book or watch a movie.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post

....I would be strongly tempted to get a bit bigger samsung, carry it on the bed when traveling, and just put it up every night. It only takes a couple of minutes to put up.
I take the TV off the arm when we travel. Not sure if it is strong enough to stay there or not, and since the fridge would have to come out to repair the arm, I decided it is easy enough to just put it on the bed.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:30 PM   #14

Trailer: 21 foot ordered for 2016
DeadEyeDan, What TV arm do you have? We are looking for one where the TV is easily removable for travel. We have bought a 22" TV for when we get our trailer.
lips3345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lips3345 View Post
DeadEyeDan, What TV arm do you have? We are looking for one where the TV is easily removable for travel. We have bought a 22" TV for when we get our trailer.
It is what Escape provided in a 2010 19'. It came with the trailer. The arm pivots from near the refrigerator and allows viewing from the bed or the dinette.

There is a plate that mounts on the TV with 4 screws, and it mates to the arm. There is 1 screw that holds it to the arm. You can pivot and tilt the TV.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
It is what Escape provided in a 2010 19'. It came with the trailer. The arm pivots from near the refrigerator and allows viewing from the bed or the dinette.

There is a plate that mounts on the TV with 4 screws, and it mates to the arm. There is 1 screw that holds it to the arm. You can pivot and tilt the TV.
Quick update, I heard from Rick, the original owner of our trailer, he said the arm is heavier than what Escape usually provides, they had provided it to Escape to have it installed, so I got that wrong. But he also said they took the TV down when in transit as we do.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #17

Trailer: 21 foot ordered for 2016
Thanks for the update. We have narrowed our selection for a TV arm down to two choices now.

lips3345 is offline   Reply With Quote