ukulele - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
Brodah IZ.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Dang

Dang you, Fox hunt, dang you. I'm a bloomin' impulse buyer and now - - - just because of you I've bought an ukulele.

Actually this thread reminded me of the group I worked with 50 or so years ago. We were close knit and got together with spouses and children about once a month. Before long we all had guitars, together we learned a few chords and had a great time “jammin'” together. Of course as with many good things it came to an end with company transfers, etc. but, obviously, the memory still lingers.
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Hello to all,
Wow just came in to download some pics of our new 5.0 TA and saw this cool thread regarding Ukuleles. We are leaving for my Sept - Oct Tour on Friday and will be picking up our 5.0 TA Sept 10. Can't wait. In the meantime I'll be performing and teaching Ukulele at various cities. My website has all the dates so please checkout markbakermusicaz.com
It also looks like I'll be performing as well as teaching Ukulele Workshops at Quartzite in Feb. 2016..This is all I know so stay tuned. It's going to be fun meeting all of you so hope to see you in Feb. if not sooner. You can also follow our travels on Face Book. Just search Mark Baker Sun City. Until then.
Ukulelemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:03 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I'm excited that you'll be teaching a workshop at Quartzite. I blew the dust off my uke and have joined a local song circle. Can only play chords so far, but am working on strumming. Looking forward to Quartzite.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:03 AM   #25

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm a total beginner but I love learning new things and the ukulele seems like a fun instrument to play.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 AM   #26

I'm a terrible impulse buyer too!
Old 08-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerh View Post
I'm excited that you'll be teaching a workshop at Quartzite. I blew the dust off my uke and have joined a local song circle. Can only play chords so far, but am working on strumming. Looking forward to Quartzite.
Hi Ginger, glad to hear you'll be bringing your Ukulele down in Feb. I'll put a post in later but wanted to tell you, Ohana Ukuleles is now my Sponsor. They build a beautiful and sweet sounding Ukulele. Check out their website and I might be able to help you with a substantial discount.
Uke on
Mark
Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
UkuleleMark is a member here on the EscapeForum and has a 5.0TA in the pipeline. Wowser can he play! Great all around entertainer. He entertained us at the Oregon Gathering several years back.

I bet he'd really encourage your learning! Me too.
Hi Donna, well I was just talking to Greg ( our new host at Quartzite) and I looks like I'll be performing at Quartzite as well as a couple of Ukulele Workshop. Also FYI we will be in Portland for about a week staying with our Daughter and Son in Law. Maybe we can meet for coffee? We will have our new 5.0 TA. The dates are Sept. 18 - 23. If your thinking about buying an Ukulele check out Ohana.. The are my sponsor and built a sweet sounding Ukulele. Maybe we could get a quick lesson in with coffee?
Old 08-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #29

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Just noticed this interesting thread. Fox hunt kicked it off with a reference to the uke's portability for his 17. I sometimes take along both my 5-string banjo and guitar, always at least one; enroute under the rear table, then either in the car or my hands in camp. But then we also bring along two BIG dogs, so we're accustomed to optimizing small spaces. For campsite peace and quiet, and (as they say) a good marriage, a banjo mute is a must. Fun stuff…Glenn.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #30

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You would be welcome around our campfire any time. Rarely a night goes by without some playing of guitars and singing. One of the great things about camping, in my mind.

On the rare occasions when in campgrounds, I play more quietly, and not late. It very often draws in other musicians, or just others who love music.

This is old, but I have always loved it. Check out some of his other stuff, and while you are at it, find even more great ukulele music on YouTube.

Nice - prompting a bit of trivia recently forwarded by a uke playing, Hawaiian native, college classmate: Eric Clapton played lead guitar on the Beatles' recording of this. Apparently in part because George Harrison thought Eric,his friend, played it better than him.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #31

Wow beautiful
Old 08-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Man, with all this renewed interest in the ukulele I hope that I never end up in a campsite next to someone practicing "Tiptoe through the tulips"

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulelemark View Post
Hello to all,
Wow just came in to download some pics of our new 5.0 TA and saw this cool thread regarding Ukuleles. We are leaving for my Sept - Oct Tour on Friday and will be picking up our 5.0 TA Sept 10. Can't wait. In the meantime I'll be performing and teaching Ukulele at various cities. My website has all the dates so please checkout markbakermusicaz.com
It also looks like I'll be performing as well as teaching Ukulele Workshops at Quartzite in Feb. 2016..This is all I know so stay tuned. It's going to be fun meeting all of you so hope to see you in Feb. if not sooner. You can also follow our travels on Face Book. Just search Mark Baker Sun City. Until then.
Dang Fox Hunt, Mark and all who posted, now I want to buy a ukulele too! Dave might too! Didn't realize the depth of that instrument. Always loved IZ though! Mark - We will miss you in PDX in September guess we'll have to come to Quartzite. Congrats on your 5.0.

Happy trails,
Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2012
Congratulations on your new uke! A couple good items I found helpful is Ukulele Mike online and a book called Let's Kanikapila, Ten Steps to Learning Ukulele (I think that's the title). It's available on Amazon. Kanikapila is a Hawaiian jam session. Ukulele Mike is a teacher in Seattle. His online lessons are clear and easy to follow. Fun stuff.
Eric
Old 08-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #35

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
My musical career ended in grade seven when, though I attended every mandatory choir practice after dinner at the boarding school, it was suggested that I mouth the words.
In grade two music class I was given a can of rocks to shake, and then asked not to shake the can.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:55 AM   #36

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Man, with all this renewed interest in the ukulele I hope that I never end up in a campsite next to someone practicing "Tiptoe through the tulips"

Ron
Ron, with the number of us west coasters gettin' ukes your chances are gettin' slimmer by th' day. Or as Tiny Tim would say...........................
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
It Doesn't Have to be Tiny Tim...

this:

Brick in the Wall, Maui Uke style:

We've watched this group twice and they are very entertaining
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #38

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Another great tune with a ukulele used.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #39

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
In grade two music class I was given a can of rocks to shake, and then asked not to shake the can.

There are some classic instruments of elementary school instruction, chosen for some combination of low cost and ease of playing - the ukulele is one, and the recorder is the other one which comes to mind. I think many of us associate these instruments with bad music, which is unfair to the instruments and to more accomplished players of (better made versions of) them. A friend of mine took up recorder in his 20's... but not with the plastic instrument that we played a decade earlier!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
You can play pretty softly they are pretty quite not as loud as most conversations. Not nearly as loud as the neighbors rap music or the playing children. I will be a very bad player for a while so i don't really want to subject anyone to it.
Hi there, I hope to see you at Quartzite in February. I'll be teaching a few workshops at all levels plus lots of jamming..
Mark