Unanticipated Attention - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Unanticipated Attention

We have camped for four weeks in four different Provincial campgrounds since July 1. At every campground people walking by our campsite would stop, point and whisper to each other. We starting becoming self conscious. Then some would come forward and want to talk about our Escape 21. Many said it was the best looking rig in the campground and wanted to know more about it. We didn't anticipate this kind of attention when we bought it!
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I know your feeling. We had a man come by several weeks ago and said we absolutely had the best looking camper in the whole campground. Then we had a nice talk with him and gave him a tour. He was impressed with the construction and layout of our 19.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #3

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Tom,

Make sure to give each one who tours an Escape referral card. If they order a trailer and give your as a referral, Escape will send you a referral fee.

I lost the card we were given, but I told Joldie we toured the first 5.0 TA in Texas. That turned out to be Vickie. She'll get a check from Escape. I don't know when it goes out, maybe when we pay for our trailer.

Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I thought of that but he had just purchased a Mini Winnie and wasn't in the market for a new camper. I should have given him a card anyway to pass on to someone else when he told them how nice Escapes are.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Leon and I talked with a guy in a Western Minnesota State Park who kept looking at our 21's. But he didn't want to look inside because he had just spent mucho money on a new trailer that he said was a total piece of cr@p and was afraid to see how nice the 21 must be inside. What a tale of woe he had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
What a tale of woe he had.....
I've heard much of the same at several campgrounds. I'm sure there are some quality stickies out there, but I've heard some real horror stories.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
If you don't want all that attention you can strategically let you trailer get good and dirty, like I did. No one has bothered me lately, so it must be working.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19, 2010 Palomino Y series prior
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I've heard much of the same at several campgrounds. I'm sure there are some quality stickies out there, but I've heard some real horror stories.
I am here because I am tired of the glued OSB and chewing gum that makes up the outrageously priced mass produced campers. Raw OSB floor? Really? Only thing keeping you safe is a bead of caulking.

Rest assured if I come across any of you while camping Ill we one of those folks wandering up to say hello.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunfiddy View Post
I am here because I am tired of the glued OSB and chewing gum that makes up the outrageously priced mass produced campers. Raw OSB floor? Really? Only thing keeping you safe is a bead of caulking.

Rest assured if I come across any of you while camping Ill we one of those folks wandering up to say hello.
You're on the right track Jon. Stickies do have some things going for them, but mainly it's size. People want to take everything with them, and a smaller molded fiberglass trailer doesn't lend itself to that lifestyle. But if you want to CAMP instead of setting up a McMansion and calling it camping, if you want quality, durability, efficiency and resale value, molded fiberglass foots the bill. You can't imagine how many times we've been sidetracked by folks wanting to "peek inside" our 19 at a campground, a gas station, a rest area or a store parking lot. Some folks have wised up.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Escape by any other name

Had a family pull in across from us with a stickie that had Escape written all over in graphics; turned out to be the model of the trailer, not the manufacturer. He was amazed to tour our 21. His comment on his rig was that it was cheaply built rig he bought a couple years ago and maintenance meant owning a staple gun to reattach all the parts that fell off when he hit a speed bump. Bought it because it was cheap and he had kids camping. Intends to go down the fiberglass road in 2-3 years now.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Had a family pull in across from us with a stickie that had Escape written all over in graphics; turned out to be the model of the trailer, not the manufacturer.
That's probably the KZ Spree 'escape'. My insurance company mistakenly showed that as the make and model when I received my first insurance documents, because they didn't have Escape in their system at the time. It took awhile to convince them that one of these things is not like the other.[emoji1]
Old 08-11-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
From the Department of Motor Vehicles, to our insurance company, and then to some of the places we stay, there seems to be confusion when we respond to, "What is the make and model of your trailer?"
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That's probably the KZ Spree 'escape'. My insurance company mistakenly showed that as the make and model when I received my first insurance documents, because they didn't have Escape in their system at the time. It took awhile to convince them that one of these things is not like the other.[emoji1]
We had the same problem with the 17, but when I did the 21 recently they got it right right away.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We've shown our trailer 6 times in the last 7 weeks of camping. Twice it was to people who had recently bought other RVs and were not happy. I always give out the card but now I've started taking down names and I'll send them to Escape.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Had a family pull in across from us with a stickie that had Escape written all over in graphics; turned out to be the model of the trailer, not the manufacturer.
Have seen a couple of these this summer. Manufactured by KZ, which was the company that produced the stick built that we replaced.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/escape-travel-trailers/
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
"But if you want to CAMP instead of setting up a McMansion and calling it camping, if you want quality, durability, efficiency and resale value, molded fiberglass foots the bill."

That one sentence says it all - exactly why we decided to purchase an Escape.
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Less is more in this camp
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #18

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Anyone using the VIN of the trailer should not be confused between brands; however, Escape Trailer Industries was not properly registered in U.S. VIN databases until recently.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #19

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19, 2010 Palomino Y series prior
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
Have seen a couple of these this summer. Manufactured by KZ, which was the company that produced the stick built that we replaced.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/escape-travel-trailers/
Yes this annoys me in google and youtube searches.

Also, the "set up a mcmansion" comment I can agree with too. We enjoy the pop up, except for how poorly it is built. It is a good mix of tenting but with some amenities. Which is why we were hoping Livin Lite made a small hybrid with a tip out bunk. A fiberglass one will work if its well built and lasts. We want to have neough room to hide inside a while with terrible weather, and sleep comfortably. Otherwise we want to hike and ride bikes and sit outside and camp. Not watch tv inside with AC on.