Using trailer when's it's -10F below to +30F or so. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #21

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We were headed to Davis Mountains State Park stopping at Balmorhea State Park for a night on the way. Bet the spring fed pool would be nice come mid summer, it was pretty nice in early March. Little fish, but no gators or snakes that I could see.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Grand Forks ND, one balmy March morning about 8 or 9 years ago, it was 45 below on the way to the job site at 8 am. I remember many things about that area, but I don't recall it being "fun"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't know why you wouldn't think that was fun Robert

Leaving for the south in Jan 2015 we stopped for breakfast in Grand Forks (just an hour from us) at Perkins, it was about -40. One of the restaurant's two furnaces was out. We were glad to get in the truck after that chilly breakfast. At least that trip the Escape was already down in KS.

Jan. 2016 it was not as cold as we took the trailer south, no problems other than the missing license plate when we got to the border, figure someone snapped off the plate while it was parked near our back lane. Here's a pic when we stopped at our duty free just before we discovered we had no plate.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0152.jpg  
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Aw, c'mon Steve. 90s in the summer, maybe hitting the century mark once or twice. Good excuse to go take a dip in the Frio river, kick back and have an iced tea. Besides, it only lasts a few months, whereas the cold death grip of the far north can last for 3/4ths of the year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Our lake warmed up to 61 deg today , the pontoon boat is in the lake. , swimming / water skiing starts on Saturday . The grandkids are all excited .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Another issue depending on the size of Escape you choose is the furnace included is the same size regardless of the trailer size. We were able to stay warm at -20 in the 17 B but I doubt we would do so well in larger trailers.
I believe all of the "classic" trailers use an Atwood Hydro Flame "Everest Star" 8012-II furnace. Rated at 12,000 BTUH input/ 9,120 output. It does appear that the higher output, 7916-II and 7920-II series furnaces that have the exact casing size and configuration could be easily installed as a direct replacement. These are rated at 16,000 BTUH input/12,160 output and 18,000 BTUH input /13,680 output, respectively. Unfortunately though these look like they might be discontinued and may be hard to get ahold of. This may be what prompted ETI to switch furnaces in the newer model.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote