venetian blinds - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape19
venetian blinds

have any of you Escape Techs replaced the pull down window shades that come with trailers over to venetian blinds?.. doable?
dacry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Maybe you could explain why one would want to do that.
Looking at my blinds at home, I can't figure how they would work, but not flop around and swing left and right under braking and acceleration when underway.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape19
i find more privacy options and like being able to still see out windows yet block direct sunlight as u can do with venetians
dacry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
They used to be built with venetians a long time ago. can't remember exactly how they were attached to the windows...Ours is a 2008

We changed ours over to the newer style a number of years ago....
Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 AM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Had metal ones in our Starcraft, they worked fine but I don't recall how they were mounted. They did get a little beat up where they went over the window handles. Probably because we tended to push them out of the way to open/close the windows, as opposed to raising them out of the way.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:41 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
venetians in the Eggcamper, noisy, not as private, does not stop cold like the stock ones do ..
Old 07-31-2019, 06:45 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 - "Here We Go Again"
We had them in our Casita and absolutely hated them! We would have found another solution to them if we had kept it. We love the shades in our 21'. We wouldn't consider any other choice.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Would have to agree, much prefer the shades in our Escape to the blinds in the Casita. Function, look and every other reason I could think of but to each their own.

Enjoy the journey,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have had Venetian blinds in a stick built trailer. Personally, I would never do them again. They did not look that good, and got messed up easily. Plus, they were a pain to use.

Maybe there are better ones for trailers now though. Maybe some brands are better made for trailers. I would want them held at the bottom too so they could be closed for travel. Something you could look at after you get your trailer.

While maybe not the best choice out there, the blinds Escape uses are great for us. Pretty much open most of the day and closed at night.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:01 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
So far, no one has answered Darcy question. Yes, you can change the shades to venetians. And I agree, you can open them a bit to look out without needing to raise the entire blind. Blinds that are properly installed will provide as much 'privacy' as the shades. I consider venetian blinds 2-way blinds and shades 1-way shades.

Former Casita FD people, now owning an ETI 21' Dave&Kathie installed faux wood blinds in their Casita. The look was fabulous! THIS is the company: https://www.selectblinds.com/fauxwoo...od-blinds.html While not their trailer, here is several pictures of the same blinds D&K installed in a Casita.
Attached Thumbnails
CasitaBlinds-01.jpg   CasitaBlinds-02.jpg   CasitaBlinds-03.jpg   CasitaBlinds-04.jpg   CasitaBlinds-05.jpg  

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:25 AM   #11

Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17. Looking for something else.
I had venetian blinds in my previous trailer. They had clips at the bottom to prevent them from moving around. Occasionally a clip would break, but Camping World had replacement clips that were easy to install. I liked the blinds because they could be adjusted so someone inside the trailer could see out while making it very difficult for someone outside to see inside the trailer. If spending the night in a rest area, Wal Mart parking lot or truck stop, this was a real plus. The biggest negative was cleaning them. When they get dusty it becomes a tedious job to clean them.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Day/night cellular shades

We recently toured a Bigfoot 25RQ just for fun. We were impressed with the day/night shades that it had which provided both light filtering for daytime and light blocking for night. Something like these, I think. https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Cell...s%2C222&sr=8-3
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote