Viewing Before Buying - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Had you seen an Escape before purchasing?
Viewed the model I bought 17 47.22%
Viewed another model, but not the one I bought 9 25.00%
Never viewed an Escape before buying 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #21

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We first saw an Escape at a RV show in Chilliwack and although we had a Boler I dreamed of a bathroom and a bit bigger unit..(and really liked the quality of the product).
Reace did many upgrades to our Boler so we continued to be aware of Escape and their products. We were going to buy a 15 when they were announced and sold our Boler...Then the 15 was delayed a year and I saw our used Escape posted--went out and bought it.
Reace continues to modify and upgrade our trailer.

Tomorrow solar is being installed..
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharms View Post
I saw an array of different trailers before ordering Cafe Egg, but not any Escapes. So I bought without seeing one in person before. This forum helped me to decide, and I never looked back! Cannot wait to get Cafe Egg out this year again and introduce my little baby boy to camping!!! And this time around, would I be on the market again for a camper, I would just go straight to Escape and not look anywhere else!
When we first joined this forum , we really enjoyed reading your " excited anticipation thread " . Congratulations and " Hertzlichen Glueckwunsch " !!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Danke!! And now I am in excited anticipation to get Cafe Egg back in my hands, out of storage. And then it will not go back to storage anymore, as I have now enough space at our new to us home in the country. By the way, referring to your motto: my daughter and I are now enjoying a really good cup of tea, complete with sugar kluntje from Northern Germany...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharms View Post
Danke!! And now I am in excited anticipation to get Cafe Egg back in my hands, out of storage. And then it will not go back to storage anymore, as I have now enough space at our new to us home in the country. By the way, referring to your motto: my daughter and I are now enjoying a really good cup of tea, complete with sugar kluntje from Northern Germany...
Oh funny .... I wonder if there are penalties for hijacking threads - just a quick comment .... Oh my mit kluntje !!! ..... we are from Bremen + Dusseldorf ..... haven't had Kluntjes in decades ..........
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
You got to be kiddin' me... I lived in Bremen from 1989 to 1998!!!! Grew up just 1.5 car hours west of it, in Ostfriesland!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Wink

I had to look up tee mit kluntjes. You are providing this at an Escape rally, no doubt....

Wonder how many Germans or other non-NA owners there are of Escapes!! You could have more neighbors around than you know.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #27

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I had to look up tee mit kluntjes. You are providing this at an Escape rally, no doubt....

Wonder how many Germans or other non-NA owners there are of Escapes!! You could have more neighbors around than you know.
We are pretty much NA... specifically Canadians ..... actually spelt " Calgarian " .
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Jim Bennett...Sorry I can't vote in this poll as there isn't a category that applies. We didn't buy the model we viewed... we bought the trailer and truck we viewed... 8 mo's. later.
I recall saying when we finished looking over the 5.0 that it had every option that I would order. Getting the truck/trailer combo was a bonus!!!
When it came to paying we found we all used the same bank so a simple transfer of funds was completed at their branch. Went to the licence bureau and did transfers payed taxes and then went out for diner. 5 years later were still enjoying "Our Escape Hatch". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #29

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
Hi Jim,
A few years ago, we were tent camping (post pop up - liked it, but had sold it), when I rolled out one morning and told my wife, "I love camping, but my bones need to get off the ground!" That afternoon we saw a white egg in the campground, a Scamp. Wrote the name down, and started looking. That year, we bought a used Casita, and loved it...but, it only had one bed, and we needed room to include a grandchild occasionally (we have 14 now). Somewhere, I saw the name Escape, researched it, saw the 5.0 listed (always wanted a 5.0...although it's really a 3.0) in the Escape info, and ordered! Never saw an Escape before, because no one had them on the East Coast when I ordered. Jan and I sold our Honda Pilot to my youngest son in Richmond, we dropped it off, he took us to the airport, we flew to Seattle where we picked up our Nissan Frontier, off to Chilliwack, and then headed home. It's been a great adventure!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #30

We hadn't camped for several years (that ground was just too darn hard on the old back and my husband didn't want to tow a trailer). Unfortunately his eyesight failed so he couldn't drive anymore. Fortunately, ( ??) this put me in the drivers' seat (in more ways than one!) and I decided we should visit the annual RV show. There was nothing that really seemed to fit our needs but it lead me to search on line. I discovered the fiberglass rv website, which led me to the Escape. After viewing the site, reading the glowing reviews on the forum, and visiting the factory (only half an hour down the road from us!) we were hooked and contemplating whether to order a 15 or a 17. Suddenly we discovered a used 17A on the fiberglass rv site. Turned out it was close by in Vancouver! At that time (2 years ago) there were no other used Escapes to be had so we jumped at it. I had a friend tow it home for me and he taught me how to hook it up and back it up. We've never regretted our decision and have now enjoyed two summers of wandering Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast. We're eagerly looking forward to getting out again this year as soon as the weather dries up...I'm still working on those backing up skills.
Pam

2004 Escape 17A "Doodle Bug"; 2010 Highlander
dpsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We viewed a Casita, rented a Scamp for a weekend, and saw Eric and Mary's 'blue'. The build quality of the Escape is head and shoulders above the others. We traveled from MN to NM this week, camping in Temps from the 20s to the 70s. Snug as proverbial bugs in a rug, and couldn't be happier.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote