Viewing Before Buying - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Poll Results: Had you seen an Escape before purchasing?
Viewed the model I bought 17 47.22%
Viewed another model, but not the one I bought 9 25.00%
Never viewed an Escape before buying 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Viewing Before Buying

Thought I would throw this poll up to see whether folks had seen an Escape or the model they bought before putting down the deposit, or just went in on good faith.

I imagine the majority would have seen their model before buying, but curious to see the numbers.

You could even add your story as to how you came to select what you did. I like to hear stories.

My story has been told many times. I was on the hunt for a moulded fiberglass trailer, looking at used, and willing to do the mods required. My wife vetoed this as I already had years of tasks ahead of me to do. I went looking for new, and had looked at Scamp, Oliver, Casista and Escape, and was waffling a lot, but pretty much was leaning to Escape though nothing fit our bill of a permanent bed and a small wet bath. Then Reace announced the 19 would be going into production, and was all over that like a dirty shirt, helping with the layout, and well.....the rest is history.

4 years later, and still happy with our decision.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #2

Trailer: '07 17B
We were looking at some older Bolers & Trilliums & thought they were ok. Then i noticed an ad for an Escape 17' not too far up the road. We went to see it & liked it (it was/is a LOT better than what we had looked at!). So we bought it & have really enjoyed it since. There was a time we almost sold it, due to my health, but, luckily, we didn't. My health still isn't the greatest, but we do love to get out there & enjoy everything! I've convinced my wife to take some driving lessons with towing & backing the trailer, so that she will feel comfortable doing this when i can't anymore. Apparently she won't listen to me!!......go figure
GaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
We were looking for a bigfoot 21 rb at the time and stumbled accross the Escape, we were fortunate that there was a 19 ft very close to us to view before we put our deposit down. Its hard to say for sure but I think we would have done with out seeing one if there wasn't one close by to look at. A new 19 ft escape was not that much more than we were going to have to spend for a good used bigfoot and we like everything except the bathroom alot better, the bathroom seems to be the only compromise we had to make.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I spent over a year looking online for a small trailer without a bathroom and with a permanent bed when I stumbled upon the Escape. I looked at a 17A at the Bellingham airport RV park (someone was on their way to the Oregon rally) and really liked the quality of the Escape and the enthusiasm of the owners. (I wonder who that couple was?) I lurked on this site for a year before going up to Chilliwack to decide between a 15A or 17A. It was a no brainer...the 15A is plenty of trailer for me and I placed my order within a week.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Thought I would throw this poll up to see whether folks had seen an Escape or the model they bought before putting down the deposit, or just went in on good faith.

I imagine the majority would have seen their model before buying, but curious to see the numbers.

You could even add your story as to how you came to select what you did. I like to hear stories.

Then Reace announced the 19 would be going into production, and was all over that like a dirty shirt, helping with the layout, and well.....the rest is history.

4 years later, and still happy with our decision.

The layout is the greatest. Viewed a 17' and a 19'.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #6

Trailer: No more Escape 21
We were at the 2009 Oregon Gathering in our Casita. And there it was, the Escape 19! It had space. It had headroom. The bath/shower did not have any rounder corners like our Casita. It had a queen size bed. It was lightweight fiberglass travel trailer made just for us. And to add to the others, "the rest is history."
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2012 15-A
I used to own a Boler in the mid 1990's but ended up selling it when I moved to a remote community for a few years. My wife and I are both avid kayakers and love kayak camping. As we are getting a little older, day trips are becoming more appealing. Last year we talked of getting a fiberglass trailer and went up to a Boler rally to look at some Bolers. My wife thought, a 40 year old trailer which will be an ongoing project is a no go... Much like Jim's wife!! We looked at a new Scamp at the same rally and thought okay, this is better. We then stopped in to see some friends on the way home as they had a Casita. Again better, but furry walls!! Our friends told us they had looked at Escapes but opted for a used Casita due to $ and suggested that we should look at the Escapes. We got home and Annette went to Escape's website and she was hooked. We went to Chilliwack the next week to look at them and talk to Tammy and Reace. It was a done deal right then and there and we ordered up Kærnehuset, our 15A, which we took delivery of in late August 2012. We have not looked back and it was well worth the money!

And the moral of this story is two fold:

1. Women are always right!!
and
2. If momma's happy, everyone else is happy .....right Jim?!!!

Regards
Scott
Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
We've had both old and a new 13 ft fibreglass trailers . Some years back we did see an Escape 17 B up in the Kootenay Park - Red Streak Campground and admired how much nicer everything was put together than the new Trillium . However the 17 B we saw ( as well appointed as it was ) just felt a little tight for us , and we decided maybe not - after all we did pay a lot for what we had with all the after purchase up-grades and repairs . But again and again we went to the Escape Trailer web site and finally went to view 15 A ( really loved the thought of a larger bed ) . Although the mods in that particular trailer left it feeling snug after talking to Reace we felt confident they would build to suit us .... and they really did . Couldn't be more pleased with our " Lil Gem ".
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape
The bride is always right !
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kærnehuset View Post
2. If momma's happy, everyone else is happy .....right Jim?!!!
A happy wife, is a happy life. :
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005-17B, 2013 - 5.0, Cabin, 2018-21'
As the new trailer is our second Escape RV we could have voted twice.

The 17B was purchased used so we viewed the one we bought, meanwhile we were camping and some fellow Escapers said hello and told us about their 5.0, so in this case we viewed a different trailer before purchasing.
islandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Escape 13
In July 2009 we began looking for a small fiberglass trailer, saw an older 13' Scamp and looked at Scamp's website, then discovered the Escape trailer through an internet search, found this forum, went to Chilliwack to see their product and ordered our Escape 13 the same day. We also looked at Ron Stewart's Escape 17B but concluded the Escape 13 was all we needed, and we are still happy with our choice. I think the key selling points were (1) seeing the quality of the trailers that Escape produces and (2) being impressed with how customer-oriented Tammy and Reace are!

2003 Subaru Forester
2012 Toyota Highlander V6
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug" Feb 2010
bvansnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15B (c)
In 2011 we met Baglo and his wife who, because I had become ill, very kindly helped us break camp and then proudly showed us their 17B. A year later we started looking at various trailers but always came back to the Escape. Finally, this spring, we went back to Reace and he showed us several "lightly used" units. We bought the 15B (c)
Last week we had the brake controller fitted by Trialmaster, truly a great outfit, and We'll be picking the trailer up at the end of the month.

"It's quicker to go slow" &
"You're only young once, you're a helluva long time dead"
Dixhiccup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Got to say, I was sure glad I wasn't you that day, as ill as you were and having to pack up all that stuff. At least it wasn't raining.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
We spent a weekend at a rally in Pennsylvania looking at mostly Casitas and Scamps. Lynne said "no way" after standing in a Casita but liked the roominess in the Scamp 5th wheel and the Parkliner. Later, Alf & Mary Anne graciously allowed me to tour their Escape 5.0 at a campground in NH.

We have a 5.0 reserved for this July.

Tim
onetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #16

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 "Sunny" , tow - Highlander XLE
We were looking for a step up from tenting as we move into retirement and were impressed with all the testimonials on this site relating to quality and integrity of the Escape trailers. We checked out Scamps and other fiberglass eggs online and viewed a used Aliner and a new Trillium 13. Tammy put us in contact with the Eddys, the only Vermont Escapers at the time, and they graciously toured us through their 19 and entertained us with wonderful stories of their happy adventures. We were hooked! We knew we didn't want to lock ourselves into owning a truck for a tug and the moderate sized15A with a full, permanent bed seemed just right. We so happy with our decision.
Cozy Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Rosie View Post
Tammy put us in contact with the Eddys, the only Vermont Escapers at the time, and they graciously toured us through their 19 and entertained us with wonderful stories of their happy adventures.
They picked up their trailer the day before us, and we spent the weekend at a rally sharing a campsite. Great folks. They would not have seen a 19 before buying, as theirs is something like number 5 or 6 built.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #18

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
I saw an array of different trailers before ordering Cafe Egg, but not any Escapes. So I bought without seeing one in person before. This forum helped me to decide, and I never looked back! Cannot wait to get Cafe Egg out this year again and introduce my little baby boy to camping!!! And this time around, would I be on the market again for a camper, I would just go straight to Escape and not look anywhere else!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While I saw 2 17's prior to purchasing mine, what convinced me was seeing Alf's 5.0 & talking with him about it & Escape. Only problem is I just couldn't find a way to attach a 5.0 to my RAV4, so I settled with the 17B!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape