want to see a 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #1

Trailer: none yet
Question want to see a 5.0TA

I am looking for a 5.0TA and have never really seen one up close and personal. Is there anyone in north central Indiana who has an Escape I could look over, preferably a 5.0TA?
druber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by druber View Post
I am looking for a 5.0TA and have never really seen one up close and personal. Is there anyone in north central Indiana who has an Escape I could look over, preferably a 5.0TA?
Welcome Ray, to our little fiberglass world. Please contact the factory and they will give you some phone numbers of owners near you. According to the owners map, there is a 5th wheel in Richmond, In.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome.

If for some reason a 5.0TA is too far away, you could still take a look at another model, like the 21, to get an idea on build quality and stuff like that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 21
I've tried the factory route but no one want to show there's off so back to the hunt for a fiberglass rv might have to make do withe a ����������������scamp
Rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
I've tried the factory route but no one want to show there's off so back to the hunt for a fiberglass rv might have to make do withe a ����������������scamp
I have yet to meet an Escape owner that would not be happy to show off their Escape trailer, and there are lots in Texas too. Kinda sounds like you are leaning to a Scamp, and they will do the trick.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Said it before and I'll say it again. The growth at the front of the Scamp 19 doesn't look like it belongs there. I recommend surgery.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again. The growth at the front of the Scamp 19 doesn't look like it belongs there. I recommend surgery.
Yes, Escape did a much better job integrating their loft, IMO. The Scamp loft must have a plywood bottom instead of moulded fibreglass.

The Escape is much larger too, being 3' longer and 8" wider.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #8

Would much rather purchase an escape. They look better built and better quality all the way around. But I'm one that needs to see one in person before pulling the trigger. So until I can see one this will not happen. I agree with the comments on the scamps they look kinda thrown togather to me.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #9

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
21 escape

Also if you see a 21 you are seeing a 5.0TA from the door back they are almost the same .The bathroom on 21 is in the front whereas the 5.0TA has the bath on the side where the tv will be on the 21
You will be able to see the build quality on the Escape units that way . Also if you come down to SW Florida We can show you ours JIm .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #10

Any escape will do as the constructon quality will be the same so if they're any members here in Texas that have a free moment to let me peek at yer home away from home, give me a shout
Old 03-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Any escape will do as the constructon quality will be the same so if they're any members here in Texas that have a free moment to let me peek at yer home away from home, give me a shout
Hi: Rockhead... If I wasn't so far away I would. There was a time we had the only Escape fifth wheel east of the Rockies but that was 10 yrs. ago.
I have some pic's to show along the Natchez Trace Pkwy. To bad they won't help. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040551.jpg   P1030690.jpg   P1030665.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Would much rather purchase an escape. They look better built and better quality all the way around. But I'm one that needs to see one in person before pulling the trigger. So until I can see one this will not happen. I agree with the comments on the scamps they look kinda thrown togather to me.
I absolutely understand your apprehension about spending a bunch of money on something you've never seen. I think the first dozen buyers of the brand new model 5.0TA classic felt the same thing! I was one of those dozen. I'm also a Scamp owner and know every pitfall and sadly lacking quality issue of my Scamp. It's a great little trailer! Sounds contradictory doesn't it? In truth, it's a quality issue. But, I know without a doubt, my 5.0TA won't provide me more fun or will I make a different kind of memory just because of the brand. It IS important that you visually see an Escape, of any model. So, if and when you see a Scamp you'll know what I'm talking about. Besides... there IS that visual
Attached Thumbnails
Together.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #13

Tks Donna dont mean to put the scamp down. Was
looking hard at those before I came across the escape brand. The scamp is a nice rv but I prefer a tandem axle rv for the stability ( old school here ) There are several areas I want to ck out on the escape on the structure itself I'm a retired maintaince supervisor so I do go a little overboard on how things are done. That and the areodynamitcs of the escape are much much better. I know when the time is right I'll be able to look at the escape brand and should be able to go forward with an order for one.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #14

And Escape artist ty for the pictures
Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I absolutely understand your apprehension about spending a bunch of money on something you've never seen. I think the first dozen buyers of the brand new model 5.0TA classic felt the same thing!
Like Donna et al buying into a 5.0TA before one was even produced, I was one of the first to buy into the 19 putting down my deposit while it was still in the planning stages. Heck, I even had some input into the interior layout. At this point I had not seen any Escape in person, just made a judgement call on what all I heard, with a wee leap of faith thrown in. I made this decision due to how happy every last customer I came across was, something I did not see with other brands of moulded fibreglass trailers. And, I was not disappointed.

You could always make a wee holiday of heading to Vancouver area and take a trip to Escape to see the 5.0TA all the models first hand, and meet some of the great folks that work there. I have done this a couple times, though it is a much shorter flight for me.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #16

Lol momma n me gave a trip up there a thought as we will be in Wyoming end of May but she can't extend her vacation at tks time busy time of the year coming up ( she works at a tractor dealership) I might fly up there to see it and the try n talk them into letting me see some of the production process
Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Lol momma n me gave a trip up there a thought as we will be in Wyoming end of May but she can't extend her vacation at tks time busy time of the year coming up ( she works at a tractor dealership) I might fly up there to see it and the try n talk them into letting me see some of the production process
If you do end up going, definitely give them a call ahead. If you want to see some of the production I am pretty sure they will now pretty much only do it when employees are off the floor. They now have a great, large indoor showroom.

BTW, a farm machinery dealership is what put food on my table as a kid. My dad owned a John Deere dealership.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The scamp is a nice rv but I prefer a tandem axle rv for the stability ( old school here )
Don't let this one issue sway you in the least. There's a million, billion, trillion trailers that have been towed everywhere on single axles without issues. I believe the only reason to go to a tandem axle is because of the weight and length of the trailer. There will be those that say... but those blow outs. Yeah, those can happen on any trailer. A single axle you'll know it, a tandem you may not know it until a wheel is destroyed. And you just wait until you have to buy five tires instead of three. Oh my. Best of luck. I hope you get exactly what you want.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Escape inspecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by druber View Post
Hi Ray,
Sorry you can't get a quick and easy review on an Escape. As you know an Escape is a significant purchase for most people. That said, I believe it's certainly appropriate to thoroughly investigate before purchasing. To me, if there's a travel cost to investigate, it's well worth the cost. If I were you I'd consider attending a couple of rallies, especially ones where your target purchase will be present and the competition too so you have a good chance to compare. Rally scedule is easy to find and follow over on fiberglass RV. Best of luck in your search and travels.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I believe the only reason to go to a tandem axle is because of the weight and length of the trailer.
This is a good reason, and even more axles and tires are needed as you get bigger. However, there is no doubt that you get a smoother ride from a dual axle, with two axles/tires sharing the effect of some dips and bumps. This does not affect towing ability though, as if a single axle is rated for the weight, it will handle it just fine.

Heck, my dump trailer has tandem 7,000 lb axles. Just one of those would carry any Escape.

I am more than willing on a trailer like the 5.0TA to exchange the added cost for improved performance.