Weather observations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Alf,

With weather reports from you...how am I supposed to stay focused on my job?

Glad retirement agrees with you. It was a cold day in January when Candy and I visited you a year ago to check out your 5.0. This sounds much better.

Enjoy.

Glenn
SeldomSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeldomSeen View Post
Alf,

With weather reports from you...how am I supposed to stay focused on my job?

Glad retirement agrees with you. It was a cold day in January when Candy and I visited you a year ago to check out your 5.0. This sounds much better.

Enjoy.

Glenn
Hi:SeldomSeen... Maybe you need to "Refocus"...like I did. This is a great winter to test the waters down here!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Ft. Myers Beach Florida for now
Attached Thumbnails
P1030508.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
California should warm up nicely when the whole state catches fire this spring with no rain in sight combined with santiana winds. I am thinking food prices are likely to skyrocket to boot from that important agricultual area. I saw where spring snow melt is predicted to be almost nothing and the water reservoirs were at a all time low.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
It's not just California. Almost the entire West Coast is hurting for precipitation. Last year in Oregon at least two counties banned outdoor fires at parks for a while because of their fire situation. I've always loved Oregon State Parks for, among other amenities, their abundance of water for free showers, whereas California charges for showers. It will be very interesting this summer season to see what restrictions are in place because of the drought and fire danger.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
For the past four winters we have had a snowbase of 12 to 22 feet at Mt. Washington Alpine Resort near Courtenay here on Vancouver Island. This winter we have less than a foot, and that's melting fast as a persistent high pressure system continues to generate unseasonably warm weather with no significant precipitation.

Our lakes and reservoirs are at near-record low water levels. As well as costing ski industry employees and owners a lot of money, this drought increases the likelihood of dry wells and poor production this summer on farms, increased forest fire danger, and insufficient water in streams to support salmon migration and spawning.

Until now, our moderate West Coast climate has spared us from the anomolous and extreme weather that many attribute to climate change. With this persistent drought, our turn might have come.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Boondocked at Cabelas in Lone Tree, CO the other night. (Just south of Denver.) When I got inside at 7PM it was 44 degrees F. in the refrigerator and 37° in the trailer. By morning it was 7.8° outside but a cozy 63° inside. Heater ran all night so there was no recycling to annoy me. Perhaps this because by morning when I lifted the blinds to peek out at those noisy plow guys I noticed I didn't latch a curbside rear window and it had done shifted open half an inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabelas.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Looks like they plowed around you while you were parked.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:32 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
At least you should not have had any condensation issues with the window cracked…….
Old 01-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyclink View Post
California should warm up nicely when the whole state catches fire this spring with no rain in sight combined with santiana winds. I am thinking food prices are likely to skyrocket to boot from that important agricultual area. I saw where spring snow melt is predicted to be almost nothing and the water reservoirs were at a all time low.
You nailed it except there have already been fires. We are in emergency drought rules already too. We now use water in the house as if we were dry camping in the trailer. Our lawn will be dead by March. Prolly water our trees a bit to keep our shade. What they need to do it tell people to stop topping off their swimming pools, especially in SOCAL where they have so many.

Went to the big Home and Landscape Show yesterday. The pool and sod vendors didn't look very busy.

SUX.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #30

After my last post I heard a story on NPR about the west coast drought. The state of California is asking everyone for a 30% reduction of water use. I didn't realize that 50% of all US fresh food is produced in Cal. A lot of agricultural land is laying fallow. Restaurants were being forced to cut hours and not serve water. I guess if we travel to the west coast, we should bring a full tank of water with us and watch the US forestry fire maps.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Yes, it's bad all over CA and the Central Valley (where much of the fruits and veggies come from) is really getting hit hard. We sit in the Santa Cruz mountains and, every time I hear the fire siren, I hold my breath. The West Coast is drying up while the rest of the country is inundated with snow and rain (and cold ... can't forget the cold).
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #32

This years winters weather is really strange. It is colder down here in south central Texas than it is in Anchorage, AK today.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Magnetosphere?

Found this online today.

Forget global warming, worry about the MAGNETOSPHERE
Quote:
In fact, a recent Danish study believes global warming is directly related to the magnetic field rather than CO2 emissions.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #34

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
You have to take anything the Daily Mail reports with a grain of salt.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Lots of folks read "global warming" to mean their particular area of the country (world) is getting hot. Following the scientists.. it really means the poles are warming and that will change the oceans.

Anyone ever watch the movie "Day After Tomorrow."?

We finally have some rain here in Northern Oregon. I hope our mountain gets many feet of snow...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post

Barry
Hi: barry... Pass the salt!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030509.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post

Barry

Horror of horrors. Story on CBC TV news tonight is that the tabloid Sun may drop the Page Three Girl.
What is the world coming to?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Lots of folks read "global warming" to mean their particular area of the country (world) is getting hot. Following the scientists.. it really means the poles are warming and that will change the oceans.

Anyone ever watch the movie "Day After Tomorrow."?

We finally have some rain here in Northern Oregon. I hope our mountain gets many feet of snow...
Good movie---makes me so cold to even think about it! And even colder when I watch it!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Our climate has been warming since the end of the last ice-age. However, the chances are that the planet is going to go through another ice-age at some point in time. You might want to check the recent reports that the extents of both Antarctic and Arctic sea ice are growing. Not saying that an ice-age is happening now (could be many thousands of years from now), but I don't think you should trade your long thermal underwear for shorts just yet. :

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #40

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
I know you folks up north won't be impressed, but this morning Pensacola is covered with a sheet of ice. The interstate is closed, almost all bridges are closed, all schools, government offices, etc. are shut and the authorities are telling us to stay at home. We aren't used to this kind of weather - or prepared for it. They are spreading sand with front-end loaders and graders.

Pictures taken in my back yard, this morning. Spring was starting to show itself, daffodil sprouts are about 3" high, loquats were setting fruit, and the blueberry buds were starting to swell.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01474b.jpg   DSC01470b.jpg   DSC01469b.jpg  
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote