West Marine High Back Seat - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sherburne, New York
Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Posts: 273
West Marine High Back Seat

Just FYI, The High Back Seat from West Marine Is on sale until 12/24. Just added one to the Dinette area for my Wife as she has back problems. Huge, Huge improvement in comfort enough so that I’ll be geting another for myself.https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...seat--10967917
__________________

Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Trailer: 5.0 TA due June 13, 2019.
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Just FYI, The High Back Seat from West Marine Is on sale until 12/24. Just added one to the Dinette area for my Wife as she has back problems. Huge, Huge improvement in comfort enough so that I’ll be geting another for myself.https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...seat--10967917
Any pictures, instructions or explanations of how you use it, it seems large and cumbersome. I know I have seen other's who have mentioned it as well.
__________________

__________________
The Sweet Suite
Ronn and Colleen
Ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sherburne, New York
Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Any pictures, instructions or explanations of how you use it, it seems large and cumbersome. I know I have seen other's who have mentioned it as well.
Iíll try to get a picture up tomorrow. Basically you just take the side cushions out and the chair just sits on the bench. The back is adjustable fore and aft and thatís it. Maybe put a rug remmnet under it to hide any of the bare plywood that may show, something that matches the back bench cushions. It is easily removable to access under under the benches. Itís very lite but well constructed.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
The back is adjustable fore and aft and thatís it.
In that location I think the term would be athwartships. Looks like a good solution for the situation.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Posts: 115
I bought one of these last week, put it right on top of the dinette cushions, and I love it! We have the u-shaped dinette and we have it set up as a lounge area with the table down. I tried all sorts of pillow arrangements, but couldn't get comfortable. This chair is great. We ordered another one for my husband.
__________________
Doug & Lucy Metz
2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Pick up date in July
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Trailer: not yet
Posts: 17
Thanks for tip! More questions: Is there any room to recline the chair when used in the dinette? And when using this chair in the dinette, where do your feet go? Up on a cushion or down on the floor?
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE View Post
Thanks for tip! More questions: Is there any room to recline the chair when used in the dinette? And when using this chair in the dinette, where do your feet go? Up on a cushion or down on the floor?
You put your feet where you're comfortable, up on a cushion or the floor.


I sat in Jon's West Marine Chair at the Boler 50th. It won't work for me. It doesn't really recline... at least recline and then sit back upright. The straps have to be adjusted (not easy) to get into a reclining position, so that makes the adjustment 'semi-permanent.'
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2018 Ford F150
Posts: 3,079
Here is one in a 21:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1017.jpg (149.6 KB, 79 views)
__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2018 F150 3.5EB, 2017 21
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami, Florida
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 95
Thinking of getting one of these....https://www.sportaseat.com/gallery/
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You put your feet where you're comfortable, up on a cushion or the floor.


I sat in Jon's West Marine Chair at the Boler 50th. It won't work for me. It doesn't really recline... at least recline and then sit back upright. The straps have to be adjusted (not easy) to get into a reclining position, so that makes the adjustment 'semi-permanent.'
I put the chair all the way back in the corner and put my feet on the cushion. I either bend my knees and put my feet flat or stretch my legs out. I think it's very comfortable.
__________________

__________________
Doug & Lucy Metz
2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Pick up date in July
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.