We've got the opposite of 2 foot itis - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I don't feel any urge to move from a 19' to a 21'. When we bought our 19' just over two years ago, we still had three kids at home. One has since left the nest and a second will soon be moving away from home also. That has really made the old 19' seem a lot bigger. It will be a number of years yet before our daughter leaves the nest, But I expect that the 19' will grow a bit more at that time. now I just have to keep saying to myself, 'don't look at the 5.0TA, don't look at the 5.0TA, don't look at the 5.0TA, ...'

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Dave, if you want a 5.0, the U.S. dollar is so high right now. You might look at the options you want and see.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Dave, if you want a 5.0, the U.S. dollar is so high right now. You might look at the options you want and see.
High US dollars are not going to benefit me. I live, breathe and work in Canada and deal in loonies.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #64

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
High US dollars are not going to benefit me. I live, breathe and work in Canada and deal in loonies.
Ha, ha, ha, I thought of that right after I posted and came back to see!! Yes, wrong side of the border!! Forgot you are up there!!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 AM   #65

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I got 7 foot itis! I've really enjoyed my Scamp over the past dozen plus years. It was/is a great weekend (long weekend) trailer. No one has had more fun than me. BUT, it is the wrong layout for long term desires. I want to be more like Jon V and less like the younger me The longest I went out in the Scamp was 2-1/2 weeks. By the end of the second week, I was going nutz. Storage was a PITA. I hate totes. They're always in the way or in the tug! There's no comparison between a 13 foot cabin (and storage) and one nearly 20 feet, and all the storage... SWOON.

The interesting part is there's only a few short inches in length between my 16' Scamp and pickup (6.5 box) and Ten Forward (also 6.5 box). But, I get almost seven more feet of living space. THAT is huge.

Ten Forward is nearly a year old and I'm just as thrilled today as the day I picked up the trailer in Sumas last July.

Best of luck on your decision.

Happy Anniversary DonnaD! Sounds like a great excuse for a party!!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #66
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Happy Anniversary DonnaD! Sounds like a great excuse for a party!!!!
THANKS! Sounds like a terrific reason to go camping Haven't been out since the first of June when I got home from the ETI rally. I need to fix that this month
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote