What cover do you have? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
What cover do you have?

Hello All,
First, I'm NOT trying to start a discussion about pros and cons of covers (I've read those threads and understand the different perspectives). I'd like to know, IF you have a cover, (1) what brand/type do you have and (2) what are the pros/cons of your particular cover? Thank you!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
17B, no cover, no garage. Have to wash it and wax it more often than I would like.

I like the solar panels to get sun and the vents are always cracked open to let the trailer breathe.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
Hello All,
First, I'm NOT trying to start a discussion about pros and cons of covers (I've read those threads and understand the different perspectives). I'd like to know, IF you have a cover, (1) what brand/type do you have and (2) what are the pros/cons of your particular cover? Thank you!
Cal Mark . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
I had a uv protective one custom made by Camping World. I had a zipper put on each corner (top to bottom) and it came with one for the door. The idea was to be able to toss it on the roof with the sides like flaps which zippered down..It basically worked, but since I am short and it was a bit cumbersome, I couldn't do it by my self and ended up just storing it and my Escape.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
Hello All,
We have a Calmark for our 17. They use Sunbrella fabric, which is very good quality and UV resistant. Calmark covers are reported to last a long time. We'll see; we've had it only a short time.
The fabric is sufficiently light-porous to allow the 150W. solar on the roof to trickle-charge the battery (at least here in sunny So.Calif.).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Have a Calmark, had 2 Adco's in the past (pre Escape).

Low priced Adco, lasted one season before it shredded. Let dirt through.
Higher priced Tyvek Adco, lasted 6 seasons before it just fell apart. Did not let dirt through.
Even higher priced Calmark. Just got it, very well made, heavy fabric, sort of custom fit. They tell me they make them loose to go on easier. The weight and more custom fit make it a little harder to put on. Doesn't slide around as easy as the light ones.

Installed all 3 covers by myself, none is particularly difficult to use. I imagine it will get more difficult as I get older. At the moment I don't mind standing on top 2 rungs of the step ladder. The Calmarks weight could become an issue as one ages too.

I would suggest not wasting your $ on the cheapest covers.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #7

Thank you everyone! I have concerns about the weight of the CalMark covers, but will look into one. Does anyone have an approximate cost for a 21?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #8

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have an inexpensive one that came with the trailer its never been out of the box I keep thinking it would be helpful to keep moss off in the winter. But, the trailer needs to be very clean before you put it on i never want to wash the trailer in the fall by the time i stop camping its too cold. Im also worried that it will be hard to put on- im only 5'2" and not very strong.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #9

We had one for our 19 and used it when it was going to be stored for sometime. We lived at the beach and the combination of sun and salt air made took it's toll on the trailer. We're a bit further inland now, but the sun still takes it's toll and a cover protects the trailer from it and from eyes at the public storage place where we have the trailer stored.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I was all set to get a Calmark for our 21 but then had misgivings due to the weight of it. I wanted something that could easily be taken on and off so we would use it regularly. I ended up getting this from Amazon. It certainly does not fit as snugly as the Calmark but it has straps to tighten and it fits well enough to do the job. It also has a zippered section so you can still easily get in and out. It vents well in the wind and stays put. As I learned this weekend (finally we got rain in California!) it also protects from rain. I put pool noodles over the fridge vent, antenna, and solar panel and all seem to be doing well. Oh, and it's light enough to allow the solar panels to feed the batteries. Apparently it has a lifetime warranty, at least for now. We only got this in July so I don't have long term experience yet, but at this point would recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote