What do you do when you're an adventurous homebody? This. - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
What do you do when you're an adventurous homebody? This.

Hi all. Remember me? I'm the one that has taken a week to figure out how to put a handle on my new-to-me 2005 17' Escape trailer. Thanks to the help I received here, I will be tackling this first mod soon. But that's not why I'm here today.

I've started a blog for sharing my full-timing life on the road. It should be good for some laughs since I have no idea what I'm doing. But, that's part of the fun for me. To learn along the way, and share the excitement and bloopers with others.

Sarandipity Travels | What do you do when you're an adventurous homebody? This.

My "Sarandipity Travels" Blog: http://sarandipitytravels.com/
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Thank you for sharing your blog spot. I know there are many of us who will be following you and waiting to hear how it is being on the road full time in an Escape. Safe travels!

Oh, almost forgot to mention that Australian friends of ours used this app http://trackmytour.com/ to track their five month journey around the States last year. Maybe there's something like it you can use for your blog.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Thank you for sharing your blog spot. I know there are many of us who will be following you and waiting to hear how it is being on the road full time in an Escape. Safe travels!

Oh, almost forgot to mention that Australian friends of ours used this app TrackMyTour: Travel Sharing for iPhone and iPad to track their five month journey around the States last year. Maybe there's something like it you can use for your blog.
Thanks for the kind words, and especially for the trackmytour link! I was thinking about how I could show my journey in map form for my "The Where" tab. I'll definitely check it out and see if I can add it to my blog. Yay!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
And we have very good friends in Tucson whom we are planning on visiting while we're camping in the Spring. If you're around, I'll send you a private message and perhaps we can meet up .... unless you're camping in the hinterlands.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
And we have very good friends in Tucson whom we are planning on visiting while we're camping in the Spring. If you're around, I'll send you a private message and perhaps we can meet up .... unless you're camping in the hinterlands.
Please do message me when you come to town. It would be great to meet up. Not sure if I will have left on my adventure yet. I'm looking at the end of March, but that could change.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #6

I thought the next update I’d make to my blog would be to share all the wonderful modifications and renovations being made to “Sarandipity”, my tiny rv.

Then last month life put a huge speed-bump in my way called leukemia. My best laid plans have been postponed for a while as cancer and I have a little talk. In order for me to get on the road, I need to send him on his way first.

So, for a little while, I’ll use my blog to share the unexpected cancer journey I’m on; the detour that life has presented. I have not given up on my goal to hit the road and share my experiences, so sprinkled in among my leukemia story, will be updates on my “Sarandipity” travel preparations.

And so the story begins:

“I’m back.” | Sarandipity Travels

If you'd like to follow along you can hit the "Follow" button on the lower right hand side of the blog and it'll send you an email when I've made a new post.

I'll see my fellow Escapee's on the road soon.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
So sorry you are having to deal with this 'bump' as you call it. Keep up your spirits and your hope...there are great treatments out there and many cancers are now more like chronic conditions to be dealt with and lived with. As a survivor of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma I can tell you that the path can be tough at times but just hang in there and keep you great adventure plans as your goal to get you through it. Best wishes.
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Keep your plans and dreams and continue to move forward. Your mental attitude will be the best weapon you have against this. You bought a trailer and you are going to use it a lot. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Sara I'm sitting here just don't know what to say. Hopefully I won't say the wrong thing. It's heartbreaking to to hear of this development. I only know you through this forum and now your blog but I feel that connection. Please know that I am sending positive thoughts and energy your way. I love what you've written so far and very much want to see a happy ending to this story. Stay strong, my friend.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
I'm very sorry to hear about your "detour". Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope that soon you'll be in your Escape and enjoying exploring.

Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote