What do you leave in your stored trailer? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
What do you leave in your stored trailer?

During the "Escape Season" we leave the trailer as fully stocked as possible to allow for quick getaways. Now that storage season is here I'm wondering what others leave in the trailer over winter.

So far we've removed all of the food with the exception of tea and spices.

Have left anything in the bathroom and medicine cabinet that is not affected by freezing.

All of the cooking utensils, dishes and silverware are left in the trailer.

Camping clothes, socks, underwear, shoes are currently in the trailer.

Bedding and towels are in the trailer.

In our previous RV mice sometimes got in and made quite a mess. Having said that, we plan on heading south with the trailer in 2 or 3 months.

Any advice or experience to report?
Mswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I remove anything that can freeze, be eaten or smells good to mice, all the medicine cabinet stuff, clothing (which comes out after every trip), and anything that I think may make good mouse bedding, within reason. My trailer will sit till after New Years.

Haven't had mice as yet.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
During the off season, In our 5.0TA, I store all linens/pillows/tea towels etc. in rubber made totes with lids.
I don't leave any food or related items (S&P, spices) in the trailer.

I also set traps outside the trailer.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 19'
We keep beddings/camping stuff/some clothing/bathroom items/kitchen items in the trailer during the "off season" (well, our off season is kind of random, it's whenever we don't plan to use the trailer for 2-3 months) and would make sure the black/gray tanks are empty and water tank is full and at least one propane tank full. We didn't have to worry about freezing (lucky!), but need to be mindful about where the things are inside because one side of the trailer got a lot more sun than the other.

I also leave a tub (with lid) of canned and dried foods in the trailer in case we have to evacuate.
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
We remove everything except dishes and pots and silverware and tools.
We find the spices become solid and any form of liquid be it soap windex or bug spray freezes and leaks.
Batteries in headlamps or flash lights are removed.
My wife removes all the linens etc.
We have not had any mice problems.
We have had wasp problems, in the roof vents.
We don’t leave clothes in the trailer normally anyways. We live out of duffle bags.
Everything is loaded in fresh at the beginning of the season using a check list.
We didn’t start out doing it this way but found out over the years that it works better for us.
jxoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:47 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
storage

last winter was our first. We covered all openings and hatches w plastic film held on w gaffer tape. All edibles, liquids and clothes were out as were all medicines. WE put a 10 lb can of Damp-rid on the floor. Put strips of thin wood under cushions to enhance air flow. Put on the trailer cpover. No mess or mold after we opened her up in April..voila'
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 ta
We remove all food except tea in a tin. Cookware & dishes stay. Ugly wet weather gear used only on the road where no one knows us stays. All other clothing is removed. Laundry pods stay. Rest of cleaning supplies and toiletries stay if 1/2 full or less. Put steel wool in the electric cable compartment & shut the lid. Place 4 1/2 bars (2 bars cut in 1/2) of Irish Spring soap on paper plates inside. Basic tool kit, patio mat, aluminum step, 2 pink flamingoes, and a garden gnome stay. Crack 1 window slightly. Wait for better weather to hit the road again.
EllieB is offline   Reply With Quote