What I like about Canada.... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm having a great Canada Day in Juneau, Alaska. Managed to think ahead and bring my flag with me so I could fly it today. I must be among those 3 or 4 Canadians who actually fly a flag. It always amazes me at the difference between Americans and Canadians when it comes to hoisting the flag.

Love these long hours of daylight although they take some getting used to. Sundown at midnight and sun rise a couple of hours later, love it. Although now that we're much more South than Fairbanks and the sun sets just after 10:00 p.m.

Ron
Well done, Ron.
And that Solar on a pole is looking good. I'm assuming it works as well, with the ability to make azimuth and altitude adjustment!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Well done, Ron.
And that Solar on a pole is looking good. I'm assuming it works as well, with the ability to make azimuth and altitude adjustment!
Yes, it's working really well. At the higher latitudes its never been "flat".

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I'm having a great Canada Day in Juneau, Alaska.
I was in Juneau just a couple weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago today met with Tom (StarvingHyena) for supper with the gang (8 of us), then he took me out to listen to some folks jamming at the Alaskan Hotel. Tom is a great guy, and lots of fun was had. Look him up if you are there for a while. He was at the rally trailerless (has 17 on order), not sure if you met him there.

I would love to hear more about your trip, Ron. I hope you plan to do up some kind of trip report, as Alaska is one of our first major RV trips when time allows. I have thought to take the Marine Highway down to Alaska, down through Sitka, Petersburg and Ketchican. There seems to be some camping available.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
I must be among those 3 or 4 Canadians who actually fly a flag. It always amazes me at the difference between Americans and Canadians when it comes to hoisting the flag.
That's interesting. I would think Canadians would want to fly it proudly. They've much to be proud of.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That's interesting. I would think Canadians would want to fly it proudly. They've much to be proud of.
We are very proud of our country, at least the most of us. I think we are just generally more laid back, and not too many feel the need to wave a flag to show it. To be honest, it is not something I have really ever though of doing, though it might be a great conversation starter throughout the US.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We are very proud of our country, at least the most of us. I think we are just generally more laid back, and not too many feel the need to wave a flag to show it. To be honest, it is not something I have really ever though of doing, though it might be a great conversation starter throughout the US.
Yeah, that's probably true about alot of things besides the flag, Jim. Americans have a reputation (I believe partially undeserved) for brashness.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
As Robin Williams pointed out 'we are the flag'

https://vimeo.com/106953873

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
I'm having a great Canada Day in Juneau, Alaska. Managed to think ahead and bring my flag with me so I could fly it today. I must be among those 3 or 4 Canadians who actually fly a flag. It always amazes me at the difference between Americans and Canadians when it comes to hoisting the flag.

Love these long hours of daylight although they take some getting used to. Sundown at midnight and sun rise a couple of hours later, love it. Although now that we're much more South than Fairbanks and the sun sets just after 10:00 p.m.

Ron
Hey, my sister's in Juneau today. Tell her hi for me!
Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

I would love to hear more about your trip, Ron. I hope you plan to do up some kind of trip report, as Alaska is one of our first major RV trips when time allows. I have thought to take the Marine Highway down to Alaska, down through Sitka, Petersburg and Ketchican. There seems to be some camping available.
Funny you should mention that, that's the route that we're departing on tonight.

Then on to Prince Rupert and inland.

Yes, I'll do a summary with a few photos when I'm home.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, that's the route that we're departing on tonight.

Then on to Prince Rupert and inland.

Yes, I'll do a summary with a few photos when I'm home.

Ron
Certainly looking forward to hearing your experience doing this part of the trip. I may have to bug you further at the rally next year too.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Thanks to Canada for hosting the women's Fifa cup. My wife had the pleasure of attending the USA vs Nigeria match at BC Place in Vancouver, the day after we picked up our Escape.

Also, congrats to USA for winning the championship They are a very talented group of athletes! [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #52
Site Team

We watched the final, although its the only match we've seen. Great play by the US team. If the American men could play as well as the women's team, perhaps soccer would be more popular here.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Wow! That kind of scoring in a soccer game is very rare. A couple of the shots were just beautiful.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
We watched the final, although its the only match we've seen. Great play by the US team. If the American men could play as well as the women's team, perhaps soccer would be more popular here.
I think that if soccer was more popular, the men's team would be higher in the world standings. Kind of a catch 21. Lol.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
The USA women's team played so well and were a joy to watch. Glad they had a huge supportive crowd in Vancouver to play for!
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I will tell you what I like about Canada-- Victoria. What a nice city! I left my trailer in Mt. Vernon and made an overnight trip via ferry just to see Victoria, and I wasn't disappointed. I'll have to go back sometime and stay on Vancouver Island longer, with the trailer. I was really impressed.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #57

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I will tell you what I like about Canada-- Victoria. What a nice city! I left my trailer in Mt. Vernon and made an overnight trip via ferry just to see Victoria, and I wasn't disappointed. I'll have to go back sometime and stay on Vancouver Island longer, with the trailer. I was really impressed.
And when you do, be sure to let forum folks know. Those of us who live here -- at least this one of us! But I'm sure most others as well -- would be more than happy to share the hidden secrets of Victoria & Vancouver Island, that only those who live or have visited here, might know.

We love showing off our home turf almost as much as we love seeing other parts of the continent!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #58

Quote:
I will tell you what I like about Canada-- Victoria. What a nice city!
Victoria is a very lovely city, I love visiting there too, as well as the rest of Vancouver Island which is beautiful too. BUT, there is a heck of a lot more to like about Canada. Just like the rest of North America, lots of great places to see. However, it would take many lifetimes to see it all.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #59

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Yep, we love Victoria! We take the Clipper up from Seattle about every two years and just have a blast. I'm looking forward to eventually getting a trailer and exploring the island that way.

Did you happen to discover the JOYS of Rogers Chocolates?!??!?! Especially their Victoria Creams? OMG - heaven in dark chocolate and then some. We mail order them several times a year.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #60

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Did you happen to discover the JOYS of Rogers Chocolates?!??!?! Especially their Victoria Creams? OMG - heaven in dark chocolate and then some. We mail order them several times a year.
No, no chocolate for me. I went to the Royal BC Museum, some art galleries, and just parked the truck downtown and walked around for a while. Victoria seems like a busy, happy place. I hope to spend more time there in the future.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote