What is yr Favorite Flooring Brand-$,quality and designs? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Is there a reason to purchase your own flooring / countertops beyond aesthetics ?
How about just because we can! Okay, I'm not part of the 'we,' but I know of no other all-molded-towable manufacturer that lets new build owners choose their own flooring. Not even Oliver. It's one more of those customer-oriented items that that many of us owners love. My trailer, my way
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Spent most of a year in the first Escape in three years. We were not going to get stock anything if we didn't have to. Even asked if they could change the wood color as they had in a couple of cases previously, but no, not any more. We like our own choices. Can't do all of this with other fiberglass trailers necessarily.

Quote:
Is there a reason to purchase your own flooring / countertops beyond aesthetics ? . Is the standard flooring / countertop supplied by Escape of poor quality ? Is the reason for incurring the added expense and time only to make a personnal statement ?.
I am just trying to understand why so much time and forum space is devoted to this subject . If the factory supplied products is truly inferior or hideous , it might make sense.

I would rather spend my money on options that cannot be added or easily modified at a later date but I am more concerned about function than the form.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
OK , I guess I have my answer ? . It has nothing to do with guality or suitability for intended use but only personnal preference .
It's probably me , I've had 3 new,trucks since 2009 , all were different colors because that's what was on the lot and on sale .
Color doesn't matter to me as long as the vehicle gets me from point A to point B. Very frustrating for my wife.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Forgive me Steve, but I'm trying to imagine what your clothes closet must look like....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
OK , I guess I have my answer ? . It has nothing to do with guality or suitability for intended use but only personnal preference .
It's probably me , I've had 3 new,trucks since 2009 , all were different colors because that's what was on the lot and on sale .
Color doesn't matter to me as long as the vehicle gets me from point A to point B. Very frustrating for my wife.
Not only did you get answers, but you just answered it yourself. 3 trucks since 2009, when one could have lasted just fine. It is just a preference.

We like quality items, and want our trailer to look close to as nice as our home. Plus, it is the fun of planning things out, not just the choices Escape allows, but the mods to make it our own after the fact.

Not doing it to save money, I am doing it so I can take pride in what I own.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Not doing it to save money, I am doing it so I can take pride in what I own.
Older I get, the less I take pride in what I own.
When I first retired, I was counting sheets of toilet paper. I've gotten over that, but I'm still content with my eight-year-old trailer, with standard floor and counters.
Was thinking the other day of selling the house and moving into an apartment, but where would I put my stuff? This may be a crappy, $1,348,000 800 square-foot shack, but the lack of insulation and single pane windows means I don't have to worry about pipes bursting with all the heat leaking. The increased heating bill will still be less than realtor fees or a plumber.
As long as I am warm and dry in the trailer, with a view of the sun rising over the lake and a case of beer in the fridge, I'm good.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Older I get, the less I take pride in what I own.
When I first retired, I was counting sheets of toilet paper.I'm good.
What the throne isn't good for....
Glad you found your way!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Forgive me Steve, but I'm trying to imagine what your clothes closet must look like....
4 plaid flannel shirts , 3 pairs of jeans , 2 hooded Menard's sweatshirts , a blaze orange parka for deer hunting ,a suit coat that no longer fits me and a pair of Carhartt tan insulated coveralls with matching vest , for dress occasions . All neatly arranged and in proper order .
Hope that answers you guestion.

Happy New Years !!
Never a slave to fashion
Steve D
Old 01-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #29

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I just bought my first plaid flannel shirts yesterday. They are actually micro-fleese, but warm.
Everything else I own is a shade of dark green.
I also have a suit that doesn't fit. Replaced the pants that had a moth hole in the crotch with a new pair. That was for my daughter's wedding.
Pictures would have been better if I didn't have my keys hanging from a belt loop.
You think I'm kidding.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I just bought my first plaid flannel shirts yesterday. They are actually micro-fleese, but warm.
Everything else I own is a shade of dark green.
I also have a suit that doesn't fit. Replaced the pants that had a moth hole in the crotch with a new pair. That was for my daughter's wedding.
Pictures would have been better if I didn't have my keys hanging from a belt loop.
You think I'm kidding.
NO , I don't think your kidding , your just being honest.
You evidently have a great sense of self worth tempered by humility.
I do have to admit that one of my 3 pairs of jeans has patches on the knees but they still function as jeans.

Off to throw a log in the wood stove.
Steve D
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
... and a pair of Carhartt tan insulated coveralls with matching vest , for dress occasions.
Carhartt formal wear! Now why didn't I think of that?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Every manufacturer of vinyl flooring makes different qualities, sometimes as many as four. Quality is determined by a bunch of factors, like the quality and thickness of the different layers, the finish, the vinyl and the base.

A good surface will wear much longer and show less signs of wear, something important for us as we don't tend to take shoes off going in and out unless muddy.

The vinyl layer can be more cheaply done with a printed layer which is much thinner and more prone to wear, making it more affordable. Or can us an inlaid vinyl where vinyl particles are laid on the backing and pressed with the top layer on, creating a more durable product. The latter produces a more textured surface and not only is tougher, it shows and wear much less too.

The thickness and makeup of the backing helps determine the resilience and strength of the vinyl flooring too.

I am sure everyone has seen older vinyl that looks like it has been trashed and is worn out, this is the cheaper stuff. There is also older vinyl that still looks to be in great shape, though the style may be dated. Some of the new vinyl flooring is much better than that made in years past.

This is why I always recommend going into a good flooring store and asking them about the various qualities of their products. They will usually have the varying qualities on separate racks. You can then view large samples. Take a sample of the cabinetry wood and vinyl wall liner with you, and the countertop laminate and fabric samples if you have chosen them too.

We first settled on a fabric, and then chose coordinating laminate and flooring.
Thanks Jim for all the great information, Just what I needed!
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring