What options would you not want to live without? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
What options would you not want to live without?

Hi,

In doing research on an Escape 19, I am wondering what you feel are then most essential options to have.

The plan is to take week to month long trips throughout the West.

Thanks!
Mary LG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary LG View Post
Hi,

In doing research on an Escape 19, I am wondering what you feel are then most essential options to have.

The plan is to take week to month long trips throughout the West.

Thanks!
Mary,
Do a search on options, there are many threads on this subject. We all have opinions on this and have stated them before. Your question is a common one. Just recently your question was discussed in detail. I personally think extra insulation thermal windows, solar, dual six volt batteries, storage box, AC are some of the important options to get. We put $10,000 worth of options on our trailer. It really is fun to research and pick your options.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
It comes standard with everything that's essential.

Favorite options are solar, larger battery capacity, thermal windows/insulation, A/C with digital thermostat, exterior gas quick connect, counter extension, and the surge protector. Most used option would be the foot flush toilet. Everyone's favorites differ.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
gosh we put $10,000 of options on our 21'

did tons of research here on the forum

you just have to read lots of threads, and maybe post a few specific questions...

keep a spread sheet....

just read thru the list of options, and figure out what might suit you now, and later.

you didnt mention camping with hookups , or without?

we like the quiet sites with no hookups, and running the fridge on 12v while towing, plus shady campsites, so to us dual 6v + TWO solar panels on the roof of our 21; was important.

we like cold weather camping, and extra quiet, so thermal windows, wall + belly insulation.

hope this helps.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Based on experience with other rv's one option I did go wo is the antenna. My thinking rightly or wrongly is that if I'm out boondocking I won't be able to get a signal and if I'm not boondocking I am probably in a rv park and many of them have cable, which I did get. Now to be clear, I also don't watch a lot of tv, especially when on the road.
When choosing options or not, the key is to think about what kind of camping u will be doing.
Granted this can be tough to do if this is ur first camper or u later decide to change camping styles. I ended up adding a significant number of options as well.
One I did go back and forth on was the stereo CD player and I ended up getting it and am glad I did.
Lastly, I'd think a little bit about resale. There r some options that r very popular which will broaden the appeal of ur Escape when u delude to sell it.
Good luck, and remember deciding on options is one of the most important decisions u will make in ur life time...right up there w choosing a spouse!
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19' 2017
I really like the solar, dual 6v batteries, and inverter, but like others have said it is really a personal preference thing. We did a month trip after picking up the trailer doing a lot of boondocking and never had an issue with the power.

The one comment I will make as your deciding what options is to consider how difficult it will be or how much it would cost to add any given option later.
JohnFromABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I would tend to go with the options that are difficult or impossible to add at a later date and with the options that allow you the greatest flexibility in where and when you camp . Escape thankfully offers a vast array of options but trying to choose can seem overwhelming at times . I am cheap and a form following function type of guy so I would go for things like solar with dual batteries or the added insulation with thermopane windows over custom counter tops but that's just my personnal preference and my wife says I have no sense of decorating so I would probably make the wrong choice anyway
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
The way the dollar is, we have all of that. I can now see if there are spills on the counters which I could not with the standard. But then everyone does not have my eyesight!

After eight months' worth in our 19', we needed a big change in the 21' so we have as much new and different as we could get. I would have changed the woodwork if I could!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
The way the dollar is, we have all of that. I can now see if there are spills on the counters which I could not with the standard. But then everyone does not have my eyesight!

After eight months' worth in our 19', we needed a big change in the 21' so we have as much new and different as we could get. I would have changed the woodwork if I could!
Cathy what do your counters look like ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Cathy what do your counters look like ? Pat
Pat, we have light gray counters. Hard to see how light in this photo but you get the idea. You can enlarge it to see better. The floor is also the same shade of gray and did not even plan that! Fine with me.
Attached Thumbnails
P1090566.jpg   P1090687.jpg  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Pat, we have light gray counters. Hard to see how light in this photo but you get the idea. You can enlarge it to see better. The floor is also the same shade of gray and did not even plan that! Fine with me.
Very , very nice Cathy ! We went with the light gray but just a plain except for the kitchen counters which I wanted a little busier but couldn't find anything to make us happy so just put the aluminum edging on and looks fine . The counters and table drove us nuts though with the new fabric and pillows . Also love your flooring ! Pat
Old 11-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Very , very nice Cathy ! We went with the light gray but just a plain except for the kitchen counters which I wanted a little busier but couldn't find anything to make us happy so just put the aluminum edging on and looks fine . The counters and table drove us nuts though with the new fabric and pillows . Also love your flooring ! Pat
You have all of your great new cushions and Linda's pillow covers!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I am configuring my ordered 17A--I see that there's a charge for changing the counters, and it sounds like the customer supplies the goods in addition to that. Is that right? If so, can someone give me a ballpark for counters? Mine will have the flip up and the 33 inch counter with stove and sink, and backsplash. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #14

Quote:
You have all of your great new cushions and Linda's pillow covers!
I know love going in the trailer with the new look . Pat
Old 11-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I am configuring my ordered 17A--I see that there's a charge for changing the counters, and it sounds like the customer supplies the goods in addition to that. Is that right? If so, can someone give me a ballpark for counters? Mine will have the flip up and the 33 inch counter with stove and sink, and backsplash. Thanks!
Hi . I think your best bet is to discuss with Escape if you are needing to know how much to get or ? Not sure how Escape goes about it . I just ordered from Home Depot and knew I had enough with left over for what I needed to do . If Escape is making your counters for you they can help with answers to your questions . Pat
Old 11-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I am configuring my ordered 17A--I see that there's a charge for changing the counters, and it sounds like the customer supplies the goods in addition to that. Is that right?
There is a charge to change countertops. The cost should be noted on your build sheet and is likely ~$100 CAD. This fee includes the cost of the materials and installation. Escape will manage securing the materials.
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #17

They used to have a counter situation where, if you ordered counters ending in 58 (which I believe is basically a matte finish), there was one price, and if you ordered some design that did not end in that, you paid maybe another $100 in addition to the $100 regular fee. I like matte and that is a 58 but many others prefer shiny and paid the extra for it. Don't know if they have changed all of this or what, but some people here should know.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #18

Quote:
They used to have a counter situation where, if you ordered counters ending in 58 (which I believe is basically a matte finish), there was one price, and if you ordered some design that did not end in that, you paid maybe another $100 in addition to the $100 regular fee. I like matte and that is a 58 but many others prefer shiny and paid the extra for it. Don't know if they have changed all of this or what, but some people here should know.
Cathy yes 58 is the Matte and what I ordered Pat
Old 11-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #19

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup 58 was cheaper but i preferred the mat finish so it worked out great -mine are sort of dark grayish
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #20

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I could not live without the u-shaped dinette option we got. It's one of those that people either really like or don't. So, try it out ahead of time, if possible, to see if you like it. and decide how you'll use your dinette.

However, since you're getting a 19, I don't know anything about that type in that trailer. We have a 21.

We also added firmer foam for the cushions as my butt was getting sore from sitting there reading after a while with the stock foam. We got that style dinette as I like to read a lot and would be more comfortable with that style.

I would not want to use the trailer with the stock flooring, countertop and fabric. But, that's us. Many are fine with ETI's choices in that department. We weren't and we were willing to pay extra to not go with their decisions. The options to choose your own was one of the factors in our decision to get an Escape trailer. So, very thankful we could make those changes.

We also got the extended cabinet over the drawer stack at the foot of the bed and I love having that extra storage space. But I don't think there's an option for that in the 19 (but I could be wrong; it's happened a time or two ).

Those are the options that we got that I think really make the trailer work for us. We did get others, but those are the ones that stand out.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote