What would you exclude - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have hit my head a few times on the cabinet in front of the door, but not on the hood fan....yet.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
[QUOTE=Rossue;60085][QUOTE=Donna D.:. You CAN get the cabinet wired for a microwave and get the cabinet door mounted.

Does anyone know if the cabinet where a microwave would be (but isn't) installed on the 21 has a 120V plug ? It was there in our 17B and the previous owner's build sheet didn't indicate any option for a plug. There are 5 plugs standard, yet there is no map as to where they are on ETI website. Could call them, but know they're really busy.[/QUOTE]

The standard electrical layout Kim sent me shows a 120V outlet in the microwave space. Send her an email to confirm, they always get back pretty quick.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #43

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We got the MW and the extra door if we find we prefer more space, but I doubt it. By the way, ours is a MW/Bread Box. Not a complete waste of space.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #44

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I to have knocked my head pretty hard a couple of times leaving the trailer on the top of the door but have not hit the range hood.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #45

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
We ordered a lot of options and love our 19' Escape but would eliminate;
1. No Bathroom sink...never use it.
2. No Go Power Solar Controller..not at all appropriate for charging multiple Interstate 6 volt batteries. We would get 2 solar panels instead of one and have the wiring run and put in our own commercial, programmable controller.
3. No battery charger in the WFCO Distribution Panel. We would install our own that is appropriate for the batteries previously mentioned.
4. No waste hose storage tube. This was way too small for the waste tube we needed with and we had to remove it.
5. No antenna system. When we camp we purposely avoid television so this was an unnecessary cost...and unnecessary protrusion from our trailer.
6. No microwave. We use it but the larger refrigerator option would be much more valuable. We have a 4.3 cuft model and should have ordered a 6.7. ...and we would have Escape install a compressor type refrigerator. The Dometic unit will never cut it in the hot climate I camp in.
7. We do not like the style nor size of the single fire extinguisher located near the door. We installed two more larger Kidde all purpose extinguishers; one in the bed area and one in the dinette area. If we wake up with a fire in the kitchen area we now have an extinguisher within reach.
8. No range hood nor the ugly yellow outside vent... connected to it. This was a total waste of money. The maxi fan does the job easily.

...but we still love our Escape!!

Steve
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote