Where to mount a TV in the 19? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #11

We have our TV arm mounted on the bulkhead aft of the fridge and it works fine for most occasions. However, if we do a long winter trip south to California and Nevada and want to watch TV for the evening, we tend not to use the arm. We place the TV on it's own stand on top of the stove cover and then it can be viewed easily from both sides of the table.

Mountain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I didn't get warm fuzzies with the swing arm tv mount and dangling wires idea so I did something different.

We have 2 TV's. Maybe an Escape first. I ordered the Winegard antenna and Reace installed the jack in the rear driver's side corner. I also had them run a separate cable up to the front corner and install a second cable box. I used ProMount under cabinet mounts and have a 21.5 in the rear corner and a 19 in the front corner. One for me and one for Ann. Very happy with the location(s)! Of course, I reinforced the cabinets and ran a 110v electrical line to power it all and it looks and works great.

I also fabricated a shelf using Escape cabinet materials and installed it under the overhead cabinet in the rear to hold the directv box and my blue ray.

As far as I'm concerned, the rear corner is the optimal location for a tv. Readily visible from the front dinette.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3838 (640x480).jpg (159.9 KB, 51 views)

Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Very impressive, I am going to copy and paste this and ask Reace to duplicate this configuration on mine. This site is so great!

Thanks,
Mike
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I'm thinking of a dual set up in my new 21' Blackjack, where there is a night stand at the bed foot for a table top set up and having the second mount in the dinette area but on curb side. I'm going to have the little bump out wall reinforced and the mount right in the middle, that way it should swing around within the bump out for kitchen viewing and swing back flush for dinette viewing.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Here's another view of the dvd/sat receiver shelf. Very easy to do and very sturdy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shelf (256x192).jpg (50.8 KB, 145 views)
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #16

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1 View Post
I couldn't decide where to put a tv so opted to have the walls reinforced. Once We have the trailer and figure out which way we will sleep and how we use it we can put a tv in.
Reinforcing the walls will also make it easy to install hooks, a shelf etc.
Dave
Good plan! It is hard to know exactly where things need to go until you actually start using the trailer...unless you've owned the same rig before!
Have a great trip!
Fran & Dave
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Fran and Dave, you may not have had your 5.0 long enough to know, but was wondering if you're able to store items in the bed around the hitch while traveling? Seems to me you could do that as long as you secure the items and keep them at a level below the pivot point of the hitch?

Thanks,
Mike
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
cpaharley2008

I like the new name of your 21' !!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Fran and Dave, you may not have had your 5.0 long enough to know, but was wondering if you're able to store items in the bed around the hitch while traveling? Seems to me you could do that as long as you secure the items and keep them at a level below the pivot point of the hitch?

Thanks,
Mike
On our trip home from Chilliwack and a recent short trip we have carried a few things in the truck bed. They are stowed between the hitch and the cab and, yes, lower than the hitch top. We don't put much there because there is no way to secure it so it is not valuable stuff. The only thing we put back there is a carryon suitcase sized bag that contains oil, hazard markers, other odds and ends and a metal milk crate that contains the chocks and leveling pads for under the trailer feet. everything else goes in the trailer or the truck cab. I suppose we could put a water jug or two if we wanted.
Fran & Dave
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
cpaharley2008

I like the new name of your 21' !!
Thanks, I'm hoping I can get the factory to put it on the trailer someplace, like they did the Texas Rose model.