whether to add color graphics to escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Our trailer was ordered without any graphics. I sure hope they don't sneak any on the trailer; I'll double check that later on. We got a credit by not getting any graphics. Which was great as I spent about that much on graphics from this company:

Wall Decals | Custom Stickers | Vinyl Decals | Car Decals

Now to see how they look on The Trailer. I'm hoping we get our trailer earlier than the original due date as that way it might not be too cold to put them on. Fingers crossed!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Graphics whatever combination are a personal choice for sure. I just like that ETI will allow seemingly whatever combination of graphics or no graphics if one wants. Now if we can just get them to offer different color snap caps than the brown ones.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Now if we can just get them to offer different color snap caps than the brown ones.
On my way to me, via USPS, is a multi-color order of those snap covers. I'm not sure if I wanted black, grey, blue or ??, so I ordered 7 different colors. I figure I can switch 'em around when I get bored with one color. Or put multiple colors on at the same time. (It's already been suggested that I need therapy if I do that! )

12/12 Snap-Caps - for #10, #12 & 1/4" screws | Pro-Dec

Or just take what I don't want to a rally and sell 'em to someone else that wants that color. Yeah, that brown is not what I wanted. I don't care if it's used to match the trim color around the top of the countertop (as I was told), it's still ugly (to me). Least the side edge is black to go with the countertop we're getting.

And I'm thrilled that I can make all these changes to our trailer so it'll be super personalized and won't look like a bazillion others that are out there. Yay!
Old 06-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
In my situation buying a new trailer it is because Escape is accommodating enough to only put on the decals you want, so saves removing them later. I don't think many outfits would be so accommodating.
it only takes a few minutes to remove them if you change your mind later.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
On my way to me, via USPS, is a multi-color order of those snap covers. I'm not sure if I wanted black, grey, blue or ??, so I ordered 7 different colors. I figure I can switch 'em around when I get bored with one color. Or put multiple colors on at the same time. (It's already been suggested that I need therapy if I do that! )

12/12 Snap-Caps - for #10, #12 & 1/4" screws | Pro-Dec

Or just take what I don't want to a rally and sell 'em to someone else that wants that color. Yeah, that brown is not what I wanted. I don't care if it's used to match the trim color around the top of the countertop (as I was told), it's still ugly (to me). Least the side edge is black to go with the countertop we're getting.

And I'm thrilled that I can make all these changes to our trailer so it'll be super personalized and won't look like a bazillion others that are out there. Yay!
Wait until you see how many snap caps there are. More than I want to count. You might need most of your order. A multi-colored look.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
On my way to me, via USPS, is a multi-color order of those snap covers.
I just spray painted mine. Easy peasy.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I just spray painted mine. Easy peasy.
Yeah, I know you've done that, but I don't want to. Pressing the nozzle on a spray can absolutely kills my hand, so I avoid it at all costs. It was well worth it to me to purchase them in different colors as opposed to using a spray can and having my hand hurt for hours on end.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
My trailer is eight years old with no sign of deterioration of the graphics. Regular coat of wax on the trailer helps I expect, and the weather here in BC, and how it is stored.
Waxed our nine year old trailer yesterday and noticed the terrible fading on passenger side. Likely it's because both at Alf's place and now at ours it's parked with the passenger side facing south. The decals behind the awning arms are fine. Also the front Escape 5.0 decal is well worn, but that's likely from having to clean off so many bugs over the years

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #29

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Yeah, I know you've done that, but I don't want to. Pressing the nozzle on a spray can absolutely kills my hand, so I avoid it at all costs. It was well worth it to me to purchase them in different colors as opposed to using a spray can and having my hand hurt for hours on end.
You need one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-7091-S...ray+can+handle

I've found them at most hardware stores. Just be sure to get on that has a trigger that uses more than one finger.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
You need one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-7091-S...ray+can+handle

I've found them at most hardware stores. Just be sure to get on that has a trigger that uses more than one finger.
Thanks, but already tried it and it killed my hand as well. I'll pay 14 cents a piece for the screw covers, which is what it cost for all that I got with postage figured it. Well worth it to me.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:01 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
In case anyone is interested in two-colour graph is, Escape will do that (swirlies in one colour/Escape in another) for an extra $85, according to Sarah. I may be in the minority, but I like colour!! ��
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
In case anyone is interested in two-colour graph is, Escape will do that (swirlies in one colour/Escape in another) for an extra $85, according to Sarah. I may be in the minority, but I like colour!! ��
That is what we will get, swirles dark yellow, front window "escape" dark yellow, and the rest all black. As soon as ETI sends production pictures I will post those. Production just started.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #33

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
What do you mean by "the rest all black", Marry? The belly band? I just picked my new Cherry Red Skrento and I'm thinking of going Vibrant Blue for the swirlies and Forest Green for "Escape". I'm hoping not too matchy-matchy, but 3 deep, vibrant colours. What do you think?
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
What do you mean by "the rest all black", Marry? The belly band? I just picked my new Cherry Red Skrento and I'm thinking of going Vibrant Blue for the swirlies and Forest Green for "Escape". I'm hoping not too matchy-matchy, but 3 deep, vibrant colours. What do you think?
Brenda
Our belly band is going to be black, as well as all the "escape" they put on, except for the front window one what will be printed in dark yellow. (We deleted the "19" on the front window.) Also the name we choose for the trailer, which will be put under the back window, will be black.
I think the colors you picked will look awesome!!! That is the nice part: with ETI you are able to put your own "stamp" on YOUR trailer, representing who YOU are, what YOU love.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #35

Trailer: 2010 19'
Quote:
Our trailer was ordered without any graphics. I sure hope they don't sneak any on the trailer; I'll double check that later on. We got a credit by not getting any graphics. Which was great as I spent about that much on graphics from this company:

Wall Decals | Custom Stickers | Vinyl Decals | Car Decals

Now to see how they look on The Trailer. I'm hoping we get our trailer earlier than the original due date as that way it might not be too cold to put them on. Fingers crossed!
We too have been considering some decals from this company. We just got our "ghost" (no graphics) Escape with black belly band, and want to add some color and uniqueness. Let us know how yours turns out!
BajaZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
That is the nice part: with ETI you are able to put your own "stamp" on YOUR trailer, representing who YOU are, what YOU love.
One of the cool things about a gathering of Escape trailers is they don't all look alike. I mean, of course, they do, but they don't. It's very nice.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaZephyr View Post
We too have been considering some decals from this company. We just got our "ghost" (no graphics) Escape with black belly band, and want to add some color and uniqueness. Let us know how yours turns out!
Yeah, well, you may have to tell ME how it goes! Our trailer is due at the end of the year and it'll probably be too cold to put them on at that point, so I'll have to wait quite some time before they go on. But, since you have your trailer now, you'll have perfect weather for slapping 'em on.