Who built my Escape? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
Who built my Escape?

I bought a used Escape, so I don't get to participate in the "It's Friday" posts ( but do enjoy vicariously the new owners's anticipation!)

But I can't help but wonder about & admire the folks who actually build these trailers. I don't mean Reece & Tammy who are "responsible" for them, and many of us have met, whether in person or by phone or mail, the front office folks who are the customers' first point of contact. I'm talking about the actual constructors -- the fibreglassers, the cabinet-makers, the electricians, the seamsters (?), and all the others including the photographers of the Friday posts -- all the folks who have made our trailers the quality products they are.

So here's a thank you to all of them from one very happy new owner of a used Escape! It seems most of them toil unsung behind the scenes, and they deserve recognition.

Maybe Escape should have a plaque or label somewhere in/on the trailers listing the contributors -- like software programs & movies do!

Happy travels.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #2

Trailer: No RV for now.
Glad you are so happy with your "new" Escape! I love your idea for honoring those who built the Escape trailer, especially the one that you personally own. We have always enjoyed visits to the factory and have met some of these folks. They do deserve recognition, although their good work certainly contributes to the success of this company and that is, at least indirectly, some degree of honoring their work! Hope you have many happy adventures in your Escape!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurerl View Post
I can't help but wonder about & admire the folks who actually build these trailers. I don't mean Reece & Tammy who are "responsible" for them, and many of us have met, whether in person or by phone or mail, the front office folks who are the customers' first point of contact. I'm talking about the actual constructors -- the fibreglassers, the cabinet-makers, the electricians, the seamsters (?), and all the others including the photographers of the Friday posts -- all the folks who have made our trailers the quality products they are.
Good question.
Attached Thumbnails
19 bed under construction.jpg  
Old 08-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
A lot of us have met Dennis. Knows his stuff. Set up our Reese hitch and I have never had to touch the adjustment. Obviously ETI has some top notch folks, especially with all the customization they do.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Or this guy? Build pics for Ten Forward.
Attached Thumbnails
040.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
A lot of us have met Dennis. Knows his stuff. Set up our Reese hitch and I have never had to touch the adjustment. Obviously ETI has some top notch folks, especially with all the customization they do.
Hi: skiman... Nice of you to say this of Tammy's Dad. He adjusted the hitch plate on our pickup truck. Said it's better to be 1/2" low... than a 1/2" high. From my perspective it's just perfectly level!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040198.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Or this guy? Build pics for Ten Forward.
Judging by the arm tat, same guy Donna?
Old 08-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Judging by the arm tat, same guy Donna?
Could very well be Robert. As much as customers love the ETI builds, I'm betting ETI is a good place to work!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Could very well be Robert. As much as customers love the ETI builds, I'm betting ETI is a good place to work!
The way some of their delivery dates are out 14 and 15 months, I would say it is job security. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:49 PM   #10
Site Team

I don't know who it was, it's been a long time, but someone... who was picking up their custom built ETI trailer at the factory, took a 10# (?) box of Sees Chocolates to share with the build group.

I'm sorry I forgot about that when I picked up Ten Forward. Makes me a bit melancholy to think I should have THANKED everyone involved in the build
Old 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Here's a pic of an ETI employee who really gets a head in the job. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
040.JPG  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
I don't know who it was, it's been a long time, but someone... who was picking up their custom built ETI trailer at the factory, took a 10# (?) box of Sees Chocolates to share with the build group.

I'm sorry I forgot about that when I picked up Ten Forward. Makes me a bit melancholy to think I should have THANKED everyone involved in the build
Donna, that is a great idea and thanks for the heads up. So many people work so hard to do a good job and never get a pat on the back. We will figure out something to show our appreciation to the whole crew. Loren
Old 08-15-2015, 03:41 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Quote:
I
He Donna,

you can always get a case of beer delivered to the factory. I bet those guys appriciate beer more then chocolate.
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:07 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
The mysterious workers in the shop are all true craftsmen ... and they hide rather well as these two tried to in the build of our "Escapen".

Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Escape Employees

I'm attaching pictures of Jose the Window Man -- who fixed our kitchen window right after we bought the Escape, and Dennis, who delivered our trailer to Sumas and attached the hitch.

There is also a pic of one of the guard dogs. I am totally NOT a dog person, and was not happy the first time we went to Escape and the dogs were barking like crazy. Kim said, "They're doing their job" and that is true. But when we went to pick up the trailer, the dog was off leash and was totally a sweetheart.
Attached Thumbnails
Jose the window man.jpg   Jose fixing our window.jpg   Dennis 2.jpg   Dennis working.jpg   The guard dog.jpg  

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Remember Kim? She's the one with the curls. Tammy's the blonde and Rhonda is standing by our Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
Kim2.jpg   Rhonda 2.jpg   Tammy.jpg  
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #17

When we were at ETI last fall, there were two very large Rottweilers in the office. They were very friendly and relaxed but Tammy shooed them out when one of them started to "break wind". Loren
Old 08-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Remember Kim? She's the one with the curls. Tammy's the blonde and Rhonda is standing by our Escape.
Never met anyone as organized or knowledgable as Kim . There wasn't any question she couldn't answer for us . Many options were due to Kim explaining there use and why we might like them . Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #19

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:

I recently sent a box of goodies from The Popcorn Factory to a rubber stamp store that holds this Recycled Rubber event every month where you can sell your used stamping stuff. The store personnel do a lot of work and yes the store gets a share of the sale, but it's still a lot of work and I greatly appreciate that they do that. One of the gals there said they've never had anyone do anything like that before. Kind of sad, if you think about it.

So, it's never too late to send the factory a gift box of goodies as a thank you.

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote