Why choose a 5.0? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #11

Re: Why choose a 5.0?

I'm with you Alf, I like those narrow passages : - ) Hope you've recovered from the hoard! We're on the Outer Banks of North Carolina tonight, until the 4th. Expecting the younger son with his wife and 6 kids. It won't be quiet too much longer : -)

Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
This spring I'm planning on doing drawers on that side with full extension slides. That should solve the problem!
Here's a site for rolling shelves, there's locking slides for RVs, etc. May work for you!
http://yhst-55148511090951.stores.yahoo.net/

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #13

Thanks Donna, that is a very useful site for home and RV. I may be able to by from them cheaper than I can do it myself! Looks like a great DIY site
Old 12-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA

Hi: HokieEscape...Dan I too have the same problem...not enough "Drawers". We inherited a raft of plastic trays with "Our Escape Hatch". Dollar $tore kind so any stuff destined for the back recesses of the pantry shelves goes in them. Easier to pull out later!!! I put a "Dot It" light in the small cupboard at the stairs as it seems so dark& deep.
Good luck on your drawer glides...I'll be looking for pic's!!!
Speaking of looking, we are thinking of a spring trip south to warmer climes!!! How warm would it be for camping in Virginia say in Apr. or May Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #15

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I don't disagree that the 5 is a great unit provided your lifestyle is adaptable to a pickup. In my case it isn't. As a (semi) retired person, and with my wife's disability and now a one vehicle couple I find the mini van to be ideal being lower to step into. (looking forward to towing my 17B.) (Small SUV good to). To compensate for the lack of drawer storage space and expanded closet space needed for longer excursions we have adapted the rear of the van. 1) a full width rod for hanging clothes. 2) drawers for undies, socks, etc. We found the combination worked great on recent 2 month trip to Alaska. Shorter trips no problem anyway. As the saying goes, "each to their own".

Alf, let us know when you have set your going south dates.

Jerry
Old 12-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
Good luck on your drawer glides...I'll be looking for pic's!!!
Speaking of looking, we are thinking of a spring trip south to warmer climes!!! How warm would it be for camping in Virginia say in Apr. or May Alf escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Jerry, you are very right. If a pickup is not suitable, then a 5.0 is not in the picture. Thank you Escape Trailers, that we have many fantastic choices according to our needs!!!!! I'd be proud as a peacock to pull up beside another Escape and wave, shout, and throw kisses! We're family, are we not? (Notice I said, just "throw kisses"!).
Wait til you meet your 17!!!!!! You will be soooooo pleased!
Alf, when I get back from Christmas/New Years at the beach, I'm gonna start evaluating those cabinets, and when I do something, you bet, pics will be coming!
April can still have some pretty cool temps in the Western parts of VA. East can be beautiful though. May in SW VA is fabulous usually, because all the wild flowers are blooming, and the trees are blooming, and all's well with the world : - ) The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most wonderful drives you will ever find. Starts up closer to Washington, goes through the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, into the mountains of North Carolina and ends up down in SW North Carolina at Cherokee, right next to the Great Smokey Montains National Park! Of course, Mid way down is Blacksburg, and a free place to camp right next to Hokie. We might come outside and camp with you : - )