width of aisle 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 scamp sold july 2021 Escape 5.0 sep 2021
width of aisle 5.0TA

Good day; My wife and I are considering our retirement trailer and I have been hooked by the 5.o ta she is concerned about the walk way in the trailer, we currently have a scamp 19 and at times it is difficult for us to pass one another, I know the escape is wider than the scamp but I was wondering what is that measurement, from counter to counter. it looks to be about 36" is that a good guess?
Thank you in advance Brett
bandtescapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There isn't any counter to counter measurements for the 5.0TA since there's only one kitchen counter. I can't provide the aisle measurement because my trailer isn't stored at home.

You may find this information on the ETI website beneficial however: http://escapetrailer.com/wp-content/...asurements.pdf
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Narrowest spot is 34" from counter by sink to bathroom door, stovetop to fridge door is 35". So add about 2-3" to those for the space in between.
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandtescapers View Post
Good day; My wife and I are considering our retirement trailer and I have been hooked by the 5.o ta she is concerned about the walk way in the trailer, we currently have a scamp 19 and at times it is difficult for us to pass one another, I know the escape is wider than the scamp but I was wondering what is that measurement, from counter to counter. it looks to be about 36" is that a good guess?
Thank you in advance Brett
Hi: bandtescaper... We have had both 5.0 and 5.0TA now. Reace added to the isle at least 8" in width and more now with the new straight sides!!! We can pass safely if one is at the sink or stove. You will find a major difference from the Scamp 19. It feels so closed in and dark!!! We have the #2 unit from 2014 and have used it our entire retirement and at least 2 months in Florida each winter. BTW... it tow's like it's not even there!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030934.jpg   P1040872.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
hi there, a bit off topic but we just ordered a 2019 5.0 TA. Is that a Ford F150 shortbox (5.5 ft) that you tow with? Do you have to use a slider hitch or regular? Thanks
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
hi there, a bit off topic but we just ordered a 2019 5.0 TA. Is that a Ford F150 shortbox (5.5 ft) that you tow with? Do you have to use a slider hitch or regular?
Alf can describe his own rig, but it is relatively common to use a truck with a 5.5 ft box for the 5.0TA. A sliding hitch is not needed, but the hitch needs to be mounted further back than usual for suitable clearance between the front of the trailer and the back of the cab.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
The attached photo is of Reace & Tammy's rig, the one Reace pulled all over the "lower 48" when he was replacing shower hoses. I'm pretty sure that's a 5.5' bed. So I imagine Reace can tell you all you need to know from both his professional and his personal experience....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09430.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
hi there, a bit off topic but we just ordered a 2019 5.0 TA. Is that a Ford F150 shortbox (5.5 ft) that you tow with? Do you have to use a slider hitch or regular? Thanks
Hi: marsman... Its a 2016 Ram EcoDiesel 5'7" box. We have a slider but haven't slid it yet!!! The hitch is located right over the axle. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:49 AM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
A sliding hitch is not needed, but the hitch needs to be mounted further back than usual for suitable clearance between the front of the trailer and the back of the cab.
Just to put that in context, the usual location is a couple inches forward of the axle, so anything at the axle (or behind it) is further back than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
The attached photo is of Reace & Tammy's rig, the one Reace pulled all over the "lower 48" when he was replacing shower hoses. I'm pretty sure that's a 5.5' bed.
This truck has been discussed a few times, as it was the first to tow a 5.0TA (even before the first of these trailers was finished construction). The only thing that's consistent about information concerning this specific setup is that it is not quite consistent:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Center of hitch is approx. 30" back from cab. Box length is 5'-6".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Sharon View Post
Since there seemed to be some confusion on the forums about Reace's setup (same TV as ours: F-150 w/ 5.5' bed), I checked with ETI, and learned:
- He does use the Reese Pro Series 15K, non-sliding hitch. It's mounted ~2" behind the axle / ~33" from the back window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicVic View Post
I spoke with Reace a few weeks ago and I thought he said he just used the standard rails in bed on his F150 screw with a 5.5 bed.
(Standard rail placement is centred ahead of the axle)
So it's 30" or 33" from the cab, and ahead of (standard) or behind the axle. In any case, if you follow the link on Reace's own post you can see that the hitch is centred just behind the axle and that the trailer can't turn 90 degrees, but it can turn quite a bit (maybe 70 degrees?), and that has proven to be enough for most purposes... but maybe not all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Sharon View Post
- He had the sliding version but found he didn't need it. However, he says I probably should have a slider for the very tight maneuver I need to make where we'll park the trailer at our cabin.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have a short bed 5'5" F150 i use an Anderson hitch attached to a turn over ball hitch not sure where it is located Tradmasters set it up they do it all the time and work with Escape . But i have done very tight turns pretty close to 90 degrees i worry if we will hit the window but we never have. i am very comfortable with my set up. But if you want more room in the bed get the bigger bed. I wanted more space in the truck and i didn't want the truck to be too long to park in town easily its my only car. Also be sure to get enough pay load.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #11

Trailer: not yet
Back to aisle width---Hi guys, newbie dropping in to ask: could a zero gravity recliner be set up in the aisle in front of dinette? Looks like I need about 24" wide and a total of 72" long, and the kitchen counter is 56" long, so it looks like I would need another 17 inches before the loft steps begin, and it looks like we have that. Has anyone tried such a thing?
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE View Post
Back to aisle width---Hi guys, newbie dropping in to ask: could a zero gravity recliner be set up in the aisle in front of dinette? Looks like I need about 24" wide and a total of 72" long, and the kitchen counter is 56" long, so it looks like I would need another 17 inches before the loft steps begin, and it looks like we have that. Has anyone tried such a thing?
Yes, I've setup my Lafuma in the aisle when camping where it rained hard for days straight. Worked okay, until it was time to get up and move around. Then the chair had to be folded up. So, if you're planning on doing this, know which way the bathroom door swings and plan ahead
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote