Wild Ride to Chilliwack n Back - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Congrats guys! Wish we were headed to Phoenix!

I got three of these baskets for the frig. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030AI3PG/...I228PEH9FOLDI9
Two for the top shelf and one for the bottom. They fit perfectly, stuff doesn't fly around and there's good air circulation.

Happy trails and, as always, Safe travels!

Kathie (and Dave whose out winterizing the trailer)
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Yup, no ice on the bird bath , there was a weather window there and it looks like you got lucky.

Nice rig, just the right size and my favorite color for the graphics. It's what I'd order. Oh wait, I already have one.

I notice you didn't get the factory tongue box. A box is handy and if you if you decide that you'd like one I could attach some dimensions to the one I fabricated.

Hope the icy outflow winds that are predicted don't catch up to you and enjoy your maiden voyage.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I highly recommend one of these discussed here...http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...uard-6144.html
Old 11-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Congratulations!!! Safe travels back south!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Update: We had our orientation with Reace this morning at 11 and the trailer looked great.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Don't know which way you're headed, haven't read every single post in this thread... but, be careful I-5 through Oregon. The three passes (Siskiyou the worst) are expecting snow the next couple of days.

Safe travels!
Attached Thumbnails
SiskiyouSummit.jpg   StageCoach_Sexton.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wild Ride Update

Well the wild ride to Chilliwack n back is done and "70 Degrees" is back at the storage lot in her element, nice and warm in the Phoenix sunshine.
We considered the I-5 route, but thanks, Donna for your report we went back the way we came.
We conquered Snoqualamie Pass and all the Eastern OR passes with dry roads and mostly sunshine. Reace had suggested since we broke the winterization on our stay up in Lynden, that we run with the furnace on which we did. Seattle campground froze up the night before we left which delayed our take-off. Stayed the first night behind the Cracker Barrel in Boise, ID and after a luxurious comfort food dinner we encountered 12 degrees overnight there. The decision to get the twin 6v system paid huge dividends as we were able to run the furnace at 69 all night and keep the cabinets open to hopefully prevent any freeze up. Didn't even dent the batteries. Only fail we had the entire 6 nights in the trailer was in Boise. At 2:30am the fridge started beeping and the lovely auto changeover regulator did not do it's thing. So out I go in 12 degrees to flip the tanks manually. I don't know yet if the regulator is bad or the 12 degrees crippled it.
Due to the extreme temps we ran the next day with the furnace on 55 and headed south on NV 93 for Las Vegas. No issues and made the KOA in Las Vegas. Hooked up full utilities and checked the first two hours if we had any freeze damage, but it was perfect!
This was quite a trip and the trailer was almost letter perfect even in extreme situations. (Thanks ETI) We really lucked out as two days either way coming or going would have put us in winter storms and delayed us. We got narrow windows of good weather both directions and slipped through.
Really no issues with the trailer, we love it! Thanks Reace n Tammy and all ETI for building us a great unit. It has already been battle tested and came through with flying colors.
Also, a big Thank You to Canada and Canadiens for showing us a small piece of your Country. The kids loved Chilliwack, Vancouver, and Vancouver Island. (Especially the Ferry rides.) We did stump our restaurant staff on Vancouver Island as no one knew who governed in the Parliament buildings or really how the government even worked. They did know that something happens in December there every year, but beyond that, completely mystified. The staff was going to go take the tour the next day and find out.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #27

Way to go As we often say, "timing is everything".

Of course you didn't have to put in the warm and sunshine part. I've got to go out and scrape the ice off my windshield.

Happy travels.

Ron
Old 11-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #28

We'd have never made it without your bird bath reports, Ron.
Spring is coming.....

One question for all the Vancouver Islanders we were curious about. After going back and forth on the Ferry to the tune of about $220 Canadian with our truck and four people, how do you do that full-time? Is there a super discount for residents of the Island?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Spring is coming.....

One question for all the Vancouver Islanders we were curious about. After going back and forth on the Ferry to the tune of about $220 Canadian with our truck and four people, how do you do that full-time? Is there a super discount for residents of the Island?
Yes, the unseasonable cold snap is over today. Back to warm and rainy tomorrow.

Don't get BC residents started on BC Ferries It's a sad state of affairs. We made a day trip to Victoria a couple of weeks ago. Two people and a car; $176. There are some token specials but they don't usually amount to much so our trips to Vancouver Island are greatly reduced these days.

Ron
Old 11-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Two people, RAV4 and 17' trailer cost me about $176 each way.
Is your number for a return trip?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #31

Yup, pricey day trip.

Ron
Old 11-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #32

We got a half price sale going to the Island, but they told us there was no sale coming back. Hence the approx $220 Canadian was RT.

Wow, that's an unbelievable fee if you live on the Island to go over and back. We best not get the BC residents stirred up or it will be bordering on the political no no.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #33

Trailer: 5.0TA
Greg, Glad to see you made it back to warmer weather without incident and had a fun trip as well. We drove down to Olympia after the orientation and Sumas hand-off, then stayed close to the coast until we got further south away from cold. Dan
oilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:39 PM   #34

Hi Dan,
We just missed you at ETI, and was wondering what route you were taking home. Glad to hear your trip went well and sounds like ur 5.0 did well. Hope to see you at Quartzsite in Feb.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Hi Greg,

It was nice to meet you and your wife in the frozen Washington state and I'm glad that you had a mostly uneventful drive home. Your pleasure with the new trailer was so apparent in your big smiles. Glad to know that the two-foot-itis that you came down with was a good thing.

Happy camping ahead, no doubt.

Kelly
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
....We considered the I-5 route, but thanks, Donna for your report we went back the way we came. ...
Glad to be able to help and VERY glad you had a safe trip home . Here in Oregon we talk a lot about the rain, but the snow in the passes can be treacherous. I-5 (the Willamette Valley) is basically a bowl between two big mountain ranges.

Safe travels, always.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:08 PM   #37

We have determined that the propane regulator is not working correctly. It didn't roll again at Scamp Camp and then wasn't getting any feed to the right side tank even when switching manually. Moved the tank to the other side and worked. Viewing in the glass ports it was full of water. Left a call for Warranty and waiting to hear back.