Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #91

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
another random thought..
if the 2017 Escape price increase included rising costs associated with components sourced in USA & the current USA/CAD exchange rate being less than 1 to 1
...if the exchange rate creeps back to 1 to 1 will the Escape price decrease?
HA! That's like asking if the airlines are gonna do away with all their extra surcharges that they claimed they needed to charge to cover the high fuel costs. But now with lower costs, are we seeing those charges go away? Nope!

Old 03-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #92

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
It is a difficult thing for a company to back a products base pricing down, but if CA $ does strengthen, and it ultimately will, you can reduce option prices or include popular options for no charge. Most folks probably have almost 30% of their final price in options and reducing the hit on that figure can lower the pricing without having to touch the base price if need be in the future.

Greg A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #93

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
another random thought..
if the 2017 Escape price increase included rising costs associated with components sourced in USA & the current USA/CAD exchange rate being less than 1 to 1
...if the exchange rate creeps back to 1 to 1 will the Escape price decrease?

You do realize that ETI is a private company and can set their prices as they see fit regardless of what the exchange rate is or does.
As consumers we can choose if there is value for money in their product. Judging by the wait for their product we have determined there indeed is.

Cheers
Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #94

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
For huge companies such as Walmart (and auto manufacturers), they buy so much that they can force the supplier to absorb these costs, and the "small" daily quantities are still truckloads.
The operative word here being force. Don't even get me started on the Walmarts of the world driving small (supplier) operations out of business or creating a world of cheap and throw-away goods; low prices and even lower expectations. End of rant. Thank goodness, ETI does not follow this business model.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #95

Trailer: 17B 2017
Escape did lower their prices one year. The materials cost lowered so they lowered the trailer prices. Its in the archives. Reace and Tammy got in here and told us. They are the most honest people you can meet. A rare treat, we are very lucky to have them.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #96

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016?

Also, I was surprised how long it was before they raised their prices. The dollar differential was big and clearly not a fluctuation before they acted. You could see it had to happen. The changes to standard features will likely explain the portion of the increase exceeding the exchange rate. BTW the LED interior lighting was standardized since we got our trailer in May 2015. I can't wait for April 1st to come and see what other goodies are now included.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #97

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
The operative word here being force. Don't even get me started on the Walmarts of the world driving small (supplier) operations out of business or creating a world of cheap and throw-away goods; low prices and even lower expectations. End of rant. Thank goodness, ETI does not follow this business model.
Yay Karen.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #98

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21

We bought two Escape trailers, one in 2010 and another in 2013. I believe the 2010 exchange rate was close to par and the 2013 was not too far away. I would have liked current exchange rates, but we thought the price was good then due to quality and service and if we had to buy another we would because it would still be the best unit available regardless of exchange rates.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #99

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I got my current issue of Trailer Life magazine yesterday and featured on the cover was a 23' Oliver fiberglass trailer made in Tennessee. Price as equipped was $57,000. Loren
Exactly why we did not even consider the Olivers. Even though they are a short 45 minute drive from us, and I drive by their factory about once a month.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #100

Trailer: None
After reading this thread through several times and taking the sentiments expressed to their logical conclusion ,we have decided to go for an Oliver or Airstream trailer. It will wipe out a large portion of our retirement savings but what the heck you only live once.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote