Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #121

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Jim you pretty much just summed up my buying philosophy.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #122

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I'm being reminded of Jeff (who I think started this forum) who had an Escape at the time. He said he had always wanted an Airstream and bought one that came on sale near him. Later someone here asked him how the Airstream compared to his Escape in quality. If I remember correctly he said something to the effect of, if he was honest he would have to say that the Escape had fewer problems.

Side note, at City of Rocks we saw what looked to be 23' Airstream being towed by a VW SUV. I'm thinking that that tow was way overloaded.
Eric, it would have been a Touareg, tow rating is 7700lb, very capable of handling a 23' Airstream.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #123

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
Eric, it would have been a Touareg, tow rating is 7700lb, very capable of handling a 23' Airstream.
Thanks David. I didn't know they had that high a tow rating. I won't worry about those folks anymore now.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 PM   #124

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Over the years, I've gotten to know Roger H on FiberglassRV, we were once both moderators/admins there. See what he has to say about the new Pendleton Airstream: New Pendelton Airstream - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV, since he's owned six Airstreams I kinda trust his judgment.
This Pendleton Airstream was in the March issue of Trailer Life with the MSRP listed at $114,600. Says it is 28' long.

When we got interested in trailers I kind of settled on a fiberglass trailer early in the hunt. We looked at some stick built trailers in the 10 to 15 thousand dollar range and could have been OK with one of those to see if we really would like the camping life. I guess you can spend from a couple of thousand for a used one to over a million for a big diesel pusher. It all depends on the budget and how you are going to use it. But I have to say after being in the hunt for a trailer for over three years, my opinion is that an Escape trailer is value for the money. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #125

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
When we got interested in trailers I kind of settled on a fiberglass trailer early in the hunt. We looked at some stick built trailers in the 10 to 15 thousand dollar range and could have been OK with one of those to see if we really would like the camping life. (snip) But I have to say after being in the hunt for a trailer for over three years, my opinion is that an Escape trailer is value for the money. Loren
I agree!

We looked for over a year at dealer lots and RV shows, but nothing stuck out as "yeah, I like that". I rented a motorhome for a month to see if I liked the lifestyle. Took it from Seattle to Sacramento along I5 and then back (mostly) along 101. Let me tell ya, I don't want to drive one of those again. It was around 29 or so feet. Noisy! About as wide as the traffic lane and never mind all my white knuckles when a semi went by.

It had more room in there than I really needed. In Coos Bay I saw some R-Pods and even looked at them at a dealer down there. It got me thinking "I could handle something smaller". And seeing all those monster trailers, 5th wheels, class As and Cs at the campgrounds I knew I really didn't want anything that big. My dad suggested a fiberglass (Scamp, to be precise, as he had toured their factory), of which I was clueless about. I had seen a few, but they didn't register. And, of course, you don't see 'em at the RV shows.

I looked at all I could find on the internet and the Escapes had the best floor plans (to me) and especially the longest bed. I was so tired of my feet hanging over the edge in that Jayco. Sleeping sideways did not work very well. After viewing some in person, we knew we had found "our" trailer. Of course by then their books were closed for orders (figures, huh?), until an opening came up.

We plan (and hope) to have The Trailer for many, many years to come. How many more months until the end of December? Or September, if what Sarah told us about their doubling production comes true (and we get it earlier). I'm going nuts here with impatience!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:19 AM   #126

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have looked at buying RV Lot below the winter DMZ in FL and it is approx $75-100k to buy. The rental return on these lots is pretty phenomenal due to the large influx of RV snowbirds that is getting worse every year. Returns currently are way better than putting it into an annuity or some such and no hands on. One we looked at was still over 80% occupancy through the hot summer months, go figure.

You are absolutely correct! We purchased two lots, one for ourselves and one for rental. They are 8 miles from Disney so we have had a lot of rental activity. Our 5TA gets a lots of showings when we are there.
Jollyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote