Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Ruthe:
A lot of us have the depression training inherited from our parents. I am fortunate to have had parents who knew how to make a lot of low cost memories, balanced with living basically a debt free life. As adults,
it took us about 45 years to progress from tents to the Escape. The desire of some people to live beyond their means or to not understand how to live a financially balanced life has my sympathy.
Dave

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Alf,
You need Mary Anne to clear your cache......

Old 03-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Alf,

Jim is that cache or cash, I know which one my wife can clear quickly.

Cheers

Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
I thought a cache was where a wolverine stored some food for eating later. Kinda like cold pizza in a box in the back of the Dometic.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #45

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
After experiencing 2 devastating slow leaks in our 2002 Nash trailer that finally made it a write-off, we decided to go for a fiberglass trailer, as we saw so many Bigfoot trailers that seemed impervious to water and long lasting. We hesitated because they went out of business briefly, and we found the Escape trailers. Before buying our Escape I compared it with similar Bigfoot models and found the latter to be a lot heavier and about $10,000 Canadian more. Despite the announced price increase the Escape is still cheaper and lighter than the Bigfoot, and the customer service no where near as good as ETI (according to owners I spoke with). If we were in the market for s trailer right now I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Escape again. I continue to gush about these trailers even with the price increase. We spent a ton of money on our stick built and watched it rot away in 12 years. Our Escape is a far better investment!

Bob K
2015 Canadian purchaser
thank you for your perspective...Bigfoot is on my list to review also despite its cost and weight.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Alf,
Hi: cpaharley2008... I can chuck my own cookies while I cash my cheque.
I doubt with the production increase, that ETI will be sold out for 2017 in one day.
I could be wrong though.
We have an appointment with a kitchen designer tomorrow. I may need to sell some or all of my toys to pay that bill!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:01 PM   #47

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
(snip)Value is determined by what you get for what you pay, NOT for how much you have to pay. Where else can you get the combination of features that Escape offers? Things like the ability to choose from as many standard options that they offer, PLUS to be able to may custom modifications to suit your needs. This alone has huge value.
That was one of the biggest draws to us for getting an Escape. Nothing in the stick builts appealed to us, especially all the stinking brown interiors. And leather - yuck! But now I can pick the colors *I* want for the interior and know that it will keep me happy for many, many years.

Anxiously awaiting the next 10 days to see if we go with the 2017 version and spend more money or stay with the 2016 version. Ack!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Anxiously awaiting the next 10 days to see if we go with the 2017 version and spend more money or stay with the 2016 version. Ack!
Aw, c'mon Laura - you know you're going to go for the 2017...
Old 03-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
" I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THE QUALITY OF ESCAPE TRAILER'S "
The concept of value is a personnal decision. . Rolls Royse builds a quality vehicle and it may be of great value but I have no intention of buying one.. At the old price and at the higher exchange rate we were at the limit of what we willing to spend on a luxury ( Non Essential) purchase..Most people when purchasing any item have a price they are willing to spend for that item and Escape has surpassed our limit. I am in no way questioning anyone's decision to own or purchase an Escape Trailer. My point was that as Escape raises it's price ,no matter how justified the price increase was and
as the exchange rate gets less favorable for US customers , they will eventually reach a point of price resistance .. We have viewed several Escapes and really like their trailers but there is a limit on what we are willing to spend on something that in our climate is only used 6 months out of a year. I would venture to say that I am not alone in believing that an Escape Trailer has risen to a price point where purchasing one is no longer in our / their future.
I can see Steve's point here very clearly. Our 2016 17B is going to end up costing just a little north of what we considered our max limit on a camper. And while we are comfortable with that, if the US/CDN exchange rate had not been so much in our favor, or if we had to absorb the new prices for the 2017 model, we would not be getting an Escape.

So while we may see the changes for the 2017 and think it would be wonderful to have one, there is no way we could justify that extra cost, so we are going to be very happy that we got our 2016 model at a cost that we are comfortable with.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #50

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Let's see. I got a RAV4 instead of a 4Runner. Didn't have as many features and cost less.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote